Cosplay Spectacular 2008 [FINAL LIST POSTED] [LOCKED]

Started by angeljibrille, November 12, 2007, 08:29:21 AM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Follower of Gaara on April 10, 2008, 09:21:09 PM
Ok, first question. Do you have to have music in your skit?
Second question. Do you have to pre-record your skit dialogue?
Thank you so much ^_^

All of these answers are in the Guidelines. Thanks!

http://www.fanime.com/events/cosplay-spectacular-competition-guidelines

californiacos

Would it be okay to have a mic for a comedy skit, if I brought a script?

angeljibrille

Quote from: californiacos on April 10, 2008, 09:59:30 PM
Would it be okay to have a mic for a comedy skit, if I brought a script?

Yes, I answered this earlier in the thread. Please check it for details.

TripleM

Hi, I'm new to Fanime (1st year w00t LOL WUT?!). Anyways, I've registered an account for the Masquerde and I have a question. My group is slowly recruiting members and switching around costumes and I'm afraid if I hit the all-mighty "Submit Masquerade Registration" button that all the members will be set in stone. Is this true and if not, is there a cutoff date for when I can switch/add members and costumes if I hit the submit button?

Thanks in advance!

angeljibrille

Quote from: TripleM on April 12, 2008, 01:57:45 PM
Hi, I'm new to Fanime (1st year w00t LOL WUT?!). Anyways, I've registered an account for the Masquerde and I have a question. My group is slowly recruiting members and switching around costumes and I'm afraid if I hit the all-mighty "Submit Masquerade Registration" button that all the members will be set in stone. Is this true and if not, is there a cutoff date for when I can switch/add members and costumes if I hit the submit button?

Thanks in advance!

You can switch any and all members (except for the primary contact) up until May 20 :) so go nuts!

You can even change series, costumes, etc.

My goal has always been to have a flexible system, because I know things are constantly in flux.

z_mikarin

aw angeljibrille san,
my email has returned back to me and my PM hasn't been answered for 10 days.
I have 2 questions.

For the optional rehearsal on Saturday, you have mentioned:
"We reserve the first 10 spots for those with large costumes"
What is the quolification of the "large costumes?"

We are driving long hours from S. California to Fanime on Friday and register later on that day. Do we still get a spot to rehearse in the optional reheasal time with audio/lighting on Saturday?

How do I register my on/off stage ninjas in the masq. registration page?

Thank you.

Follower of Gaara

Hi, this question may sound weird. But I'll try to explain it as best as possible.

My friends are planning a skit and they said they wanted me to be in it. I already registered my group to be in the masquerade, so I can't be in their skit due to the rules. So my question is this, how can I cancel my registration so that my friends are able to register me in their group for the masquerade?

Thank you very much. ^_^
The dark is afraid of me!

angeljibrille

Quote from: z_mikarin on April 14, 2008, 07:46:00 AM
aw angeljibrille san,
my email has returned back to me and my PM hasn't been answered for 10 days.
I have 2 questions.

Eesh :(  I dunno what's up. I'm getting a LOT of cosplay mail. I'm not sure why some are not getting through :( Sorry! It's because at the moment it goes from [email protected] -> my e-mail. I'm not sure if somehow the [email protected] is not forwarding everything or what.

For the optional rehearsal on Saturday, you have mentioned:
"We reserve the first 10 spots for those with large costumes"
What is the quolification of the "large costumes?"

Generally something we cannot get on and off the stage easily. Giant robots, a huge tank, a dragon worn by 6 people, or also perhaps someone who needs access for a disability and cannot wait backstage for very long. We also try to work kids (12 & under) into the first 10 spots.

We are driving long hours from S. California to Fanime on Friday and register later on that day. Do we still get a spot to rehearse in the optional reheasal time with audio/lighting on Saturday?

If you come to rehearsal, you will get to try out your skit on the stage at least 1 time. We generally try to give everyone at least 2 runs through.

How do I register my on/off stage ninjas in the masq. registration page?

Please put them in the "special needs" area. Thanks!

angeljibrille

Quote from: Follower of Gaara on April 14, 2008, 04:16:28 PM
Hi, this question may sound weird. But I'll try to explain it as best as possible.

My friends are planning a skit and they said they wanted me to be in it. I already registered my group to be in the masquerade, so I can't be in their skit due to the rules. So my question is this, how can I cancel my registration so that my friends are able to register me in their group for the masquerade?

Thank you very much. ^_^

What's the group name? I'll manually remove it.

Follower of Gaara

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 14, 2008, 06:16:46 PM
Quote from: Follower of Gaara on April 14, 2008, 04:16:28 PM

Thank you very much. ^_^

What's the group name? I'll manually remove it.

Its okay, there's no need to now. They have a replacement. Thanks anyway.
The dark is afraid of me!

z_mikarin

angeljibrille san.

Thank you for the answers. I am glad that I tried on writing here!!

If you come to rehearsal, you will get to try out your skit on the stage at least 1 time. We generally try to give everyone at least 2 runs through.

So then no reservation/appointment necessary for dress rehearsal?
We will just show up then?

Also about the rehearsal area aside of dress rehearsal, do we just show up and get to rehearse there as well?

This will be my first Fanime and I have never be in a masquerade that offers the praticipants rehearsal options beforehand. It sound Fanime is special to me already!

Xeluu

To whom it may concern:

Hello! I've attended Fanime for a few years now, but have never entered the Cosplay contest (Der Cosplay, Cosplay Spectacular, whatever you wish to call it.) in the past. So I have a few questions since I'm potentially interested in it this year.

1) How bad is it if I were to sign up, and then need to back out? D: I'm working on the cosplay, and am a little bit worried about getting it done in time and to my own expectations, but I also know/have a feeling I'd need to basically register now if I wanted to get a spot. Would it make things hard on the staff if I backed out a week or so before the Con?

2) If I DO finish it and managed to be part of the Cosplay Spectacular, I noticed you said you needed to be in full costume at ____ time. The cosplay I'm planning will wind up being very hot inside. Would it still be considered "full costume" if I were to... oh.... take the head off? (I know, that sounds really weird. It's gonna be a mascot costume.)

3) Also, it's from a video game, but I want to make sure I could enter it before I DID enter it. Who would I need to e-mail to ensure that it's fair game to enter? (Don't wanna announce it yet.)

Thanks for the time, and sorry for all the questions!
~Xeluu
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

angeljibrille

Quote from: z_mikarin on April 15, 2008, 08:47:36 AM

So then no reservation/appointment necessary for dress rehearsal?
We will just show up then?

Exactly.

QuoteAlso about the rehearsal area aside of dress rehearsal, do we just show up and get to rehearse there as well?

This will be my first Fanime and I have never be in a masquerade that offers the praticipants rehearsal options beforehand. It sound Fanime is special to me already!

Yep! There's a room right next to the Masquerade registration that's basically for people to practice, hang out, work on costumes, whatever you need. There's a nice deck outside that people can use too if you need more space or want to take pictures.

angeljibrille

1) How bad is it if I were to sign up, and then need to back out? D: I'm working on the cosplay, and am a little bit worried about getting it done in time and to my own expectations, but I also know/have a feeling I'd need to basically register now if I wanted to get a spot. Would it make things hard on the staff if I backed out a week or so before the Con?

WE HUNT YOU DOWN!

Just kidding. It means nothing :) Sign up, you have a spot- people on the waitinglist have pretty much 100% chance to get in based on previous years, because so many people change their minds, don't finish costumes, have a war with their group, and/or can't make it. If you don't sign up in advance, it's much harder for us -- so we would rather have you "save that spot" even if you can't go. Thanks :)

2) If I DO finish it and managed to be part of the Cosplay Spectacular, I noticed you said you needed to be in full costume at ____ time. The cosplay I'm planning will wind up being very hot inside. Would it still be considered "full costume" if I were to... oh.... take the head off? (I know, that sounds really weird. It's gonna be a mascot costume.)

Yes, this is full costume, and we would probably put you in the first few groups -- make sure to let me know about this costume in the special needs section. That way you can take it off for the rest of the Masquerade and not die of heat overdose :)

3) Also, it's from a video game, but I want to make sure I could enter it before I DID enter it. Who would I need to e-mail to ensure that it's fair game to enter? (Don't wanna announce it yet.)

Video games are almost always fine if they are like Final Fantasty, Kingdom Hearts, other Japanese or asian type video games (like Ragnarok).

Stuff like World of Warcraft is not permitted though... :)

Mister_E

The list went through a complete change, I couldn't find mine I was sweatin' bullets but then I found mine, is the sign up sheet locked up? Do I have my place set and locked down?

OH wait, I found the note on top of the list.

Is there a way that I can get fully Approved or is that at the Con?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

angeljibrille

Quote from: Mister_E on April 19, 2008, 04:22:34 PM

I'm actually going to start working on that right this very minute  ;D

Mister_E

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 19, 2008, 09:56:00 PM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 19, 2008, 04:22:34 PM

I'm actually going to start working on that right this very minute  ;D
Alright, so there might be I chance I get knocked off the list?

Well not knocked off persay just some where below 55.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

angeljibrille

I have completed the listing!

CLICK HERE FOR LIST

Right now, based on the head count, I was able to approve 56 groups as ready-to-go.

12 groups have problem entries and cannot be approved or even be pending until their registrations are fixed. Please check out your entry and make sure it is complete if you are flagged as PROBLEM.

3 groups were removed for blatantly not following the rules, they will not be allowed to reapply for this year's contest, sorry.

Mister_E

So all there is left to do is to just show up at the con.

angeljibrille

Quote from: Mister_E on April 20, 2008, 12:01:58 AM
So all there is left to do is to just show up at the con.

yep! You just need to check in on Friday at the Masquerade registration desk (first come first served!), and sign up for craftsmanship judging if you choose to do so.