Tobi mask. cB

Started by Myth, January 06, 2008, 03:29:38 PM

Myth

Yussums. I'm cosplaying as Tobi, and I'm looking for a mask. It would be great if I could make one. (I found a person who makes them out of clay and ships them, but it's kinds expensive. :\) SO, if you have any suggestion to what material I should make it out of, I would be very pleased to know. ^ ^

Druix

Er...don't know if this would help, but I'm going as Haku from Naruto and I'm making my mask out of papier-mache....I don't see why it wouldn't work for Tobi, too. Although, I'm not sure how you'd attach the back strap to it (I just need to hold mine...although I might put a magnet in it so it sticks to my headband)...

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

nekokazzie

I made a mask for my friend last year. It was just aluminum foil( to get the basic shape), paper mache, some gesso to make it a little sturdy, and acylic paint. It turned out pretty well, and apparently he got lots of compliments on it. I'm sure you could make one the same way I did( it just took me a week cause I'm a perfectionist that needed the gesso to dry between coatings).

http://mralexsan.deviantart.com/art/Too-close-for-comfort-70411711( my friend's picture)

Hope it helps ;D
' I reject your reality and substitute my own!' - Mythbuster's Jamie ^-^

macaulayman

try cast resin or magic sculpt from tap
Paper mache could work too.

chanocular

I remember taking a picture with you. lol