Hug/Glomp Me Signs

Started by PinkHairSasuke, January 28, 2008, 06:50:58 AM

Mister_E

I really find kissing random people quite extreme, hugs and no more.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

short_storiesgl

[
Dance Staff Second

PyronIkari

Quote from: short_storiesgl on February 05, 2008, 02:27:22 PM
isnt what you said a little harsh... i dont think you should of agot all mad about it..
Why do you assume *SHE* was mad about it? And no, what she said wasn't harsh, as it was pretty spot on. Having a negative opinion does not mean you're mad, or angry, or pissed, or anything.

Quoteif you dont like these kinds of things than why were you the first one to reply?
Because this is one of like 5 threads about the subject, and the answer to the question was contained in the other threads(I was the one that answered it actually).

Quoteif you dont like them than stop complainning all the kid asked was a simple question.. i dont think he wanted to hear your complaining.
Then he should have just read the other threads instead of making a new one. You seem to not want to allow people to voice their opinion just because you don't agree with it.

Quoteplus i've alwayas met nice people at fanime and your making fanime sounds pretty lame...
I've met plenty of nice people at fanime too. I've also met a lot of douches. I've also met a lot of nice people that were utter idiots who've annoyed the hell outta me despite being "nice". I've met a lot of douches that were extremely intelligent logical people who were only douches because they hate stupid people.

Quoteso make a thread to complain about you hate for Glomp me Signs and kiss me signs. OR you could just get over it.
There's already 5 threads about the subject... and why should she have to "just get over it" when it affects her and her well being? People use those signs as an excuse to harass other people. They hold a sign that says "free hugs" so they think it's alright to go up to a stranger and go "HUG ME!" and walk towards them with their arms open, getting in their way and sometimes forcefully hugging them. I've had a girlfriend at the time of mine, followed through the convention center and harassed by a guy with a sign trying to get her to hug him, and she didn't want to tell him off(I wasn't there at the time... and he's lucky). Despite her refusal, he still kept following her and harassing her.
QuoteTheres always going to be people who have the signs whether you like it or not... every year new people are going to come with signs. And i dont think every person with a sign wants anything to do with you... if they do well.. stop being hot i guess. Im not hating on anybody i dont want to fight but really come on make another thread.
There will always be idiots... you are right, doesn't mean people should accept it and be happy about it. I shouldn't have to compromise for people who can't follow basic social standards.

Quotelike i said before.. theres always going to be some one with a sign at a con... thats all i was stating.
and really i dont come on to the forums to see people complain... i guess you didnt read there other post but.. they pretty much hated on it and it gets kinda annouying..
And people like you get equally as annoying because you can't accept realities. People complain about crap that bothers them, and this is a legitimate thing to complain about. It has a very strong basis because it has to do with harassment and other such problems. On the other end of it, it's very self-destructive to crave attention through an outlet like that(but I'm not going to get into this big psychological reasoning that will go over the heads of many people, and I know you wouldn't be able to follow).

Apologizing and saying "Sorry if I sound harsh" doesn't rectify you saying stupid things.

"Sorry if I sound harsh, but I think you're an idiot and should die in a fire because I don't want to hear you complaining about a guy at the con stalking you, drugging and raping you in a bathroom and giving you aids".

See, how that doesn't rectify the rest of the statement?

short_storiesgl

Dance Staff Second

OniCourseMusha

My personal opinion about the whole Hug/Glomp issue.

Yeah its pretty understandable that Hug/Glomp signs are bit out of control and harrass other.  I wouldn't want a guy chasing one of my group.  All they had to do is ask for christ sake!  I already get hugs and glomps even w/o the signs which I don't need too much of them anymore but I still sometimes wear them for fun.

I'm staying neutral about the whole sign things for couple reason: I like to wear and make them sometimes, banning signs is what I feel would take away the fun in the community, it can be still considered harrasment if they're not careful, I dislike stalkers going after one of my friends including my girlfriend (had to deal wit some freaks from myspace). 
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

dibbly

besides banning signs, what else have cons done about handling out of control glompers? besides being kind of annoying these threads have been the first time i've heard of "the glomping problem"
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

luckyends

i dont know about a problem but i have seen people who will wear signs that say glomp and die
but yeah i have learned the hard way that you need to ask so i always do it now
so i think people should jsut ask unless they have the signs that say glomp me
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

shinjiboy

On that note, I've actually seen shirts sold inside the dealers room that say "Glomp me and die" and the complete opposite.  In this case, doesn't the shirt weigh equally with the sign?  And if Fanime permits these shirts to be sold, what does this say about it?

PyronIkari

Quote from: shinjiboy on February 06, 2008, 07:53:51 AM
On that note, I've actually seen shirts sold inside the dealers room that say "Glomp me and die" and the complete opposite.  In this case, doesn't the shirt weigh equally with the sign?  And if Fanime permits these shirts to be sold, what does this say about it?

OH wow... a legitimate post?

They are basically the same thing, but that's the issue. Fanime doesn't want to remove things completely. They don't mind if people carry signs and stuff because sometimes they do have a purpose. Some signs for gatherings and meet up points, and stuff like that. It's not so much the sign, but the actions of those with the sign. For the most part, although they portray the same message, they're different in minimal ways.

A sign has more emphasis because it was hand made, causing the person to have more attachment and meaning in what it says. A shirt however, is just a purchased good, with a message... which message should not be taken literally ever just because it's on a shirt. Otherwise how many people would be insane, or "With Stupid" or whatever other kinds of shirts there are out there. It's just apparel that  has writing on it, it's not necessarilly the literal sentiments of the wearer. However, when someone makes a sign, they write down exactly what their sentiments are. Thusly, they usually act on them. They go that... extra mile.

Sure some people will buy the shirt and point at it like a sign, but it's still has a much smaller effect. Compared to say, someone that makes their own shirt.

luckyends

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 06, 2008, 08:04:41 AM
Quote from: shinjiboy on February 06, 2008, 07:53:51 AM

OH wow... a legitimate post?

They are basically the same thing, but that's the issue. Fanime doesn't want to remove things completely. They don't mind if people carry signs and stuff because sometimes they do have a purpose. Some signs for gatherings and meet up points, and stuff like that. It's not so much the sign, but the actions of those with the sign. For the most part, although they portray the same message, they're different in minimal ways.

A sign has more emphasis because it was hand made, causing the person to have more attachment and meaning in what it says. A shirt however, is just a purchased good, with a message... which message should not be taken literally ever just because it's on a shirt. Otherwise how many people would be insane, or "With Stupid" or whatever other kinds of shirts there are out there. It's just apparel that  has writing on it, it's not necessarilly the literal sentiments of the wearer. However, when someone makes a sign, they write down exactly what their sentiments are. Thusly, they usually act on them. They go that... extra mile.

Sure some people will buy the shirt and point at it like a sign, but it's still has a much smaller effect. Compared to say, someone that makes their own shirt.

or writes it on their somach in red sharpie
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

PyronIkari

As I said in the thread in General...

Signs are officially banned. See thread in general section for more infos.

Kouri Neko

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 11, 2008, 10:37:51 PM

Thank you!  XD!
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Mister_E

I'VE GOT AN IDEA!

Thanks to this thread, for 2009 I will make anti-glomp armor, my whole front and back covered with spikes *cardboard of course but you get my point*
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

luckyends

Quote from: Mister_E on February 12, 2008, 02:57:50 AM
I'VE GOT AN IDEA!

Thanks to this thread, for 2009 I will make anti-glomp armor, my whole front and back covered with spikes *cardboard of course but you get my point*

ahahahaha....point spikes, pun.....
sorry -_-
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

StrawberryNeko

IMO, glomps are scary. Hugs from strangers are awkward, but if youre into that sort of thing, go for it. As long you dont make people pay a certain fine or fee for anything that deals with bodily contact, its somewhat consider as prostitution. XD

Runewitt

Shouldn't this topic be closed since signs are banned and there is already a thread about their ban?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Kouri Neko

Quote from: Runewitt on February 13, 2008, 08:00:52 PM
Shouldn't this topic be closed since signs are banned and there is already a thread about their ban?

Much agreed..
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

luckyends

wow they actualy are banned can you put a link here to it?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: luckyends on February 14, 2008, 05:02:32 AM
wow they actualy are banned can you put a link here to it?

-Points up.-

Quote from: Kouri Neko on February 12, 2008, 12:58:52 AM
Quote from: PyronIkari on February 11, 2008, 10:37:51 PM

Thank you!  XD!

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

windgirlwithcruse

I know that about the hug/glomp thing. I going off topic but do you it ok to bring a sign for the con. It parted my costume because I am Risembool Rangers mascot look for the leader.The sign will said  " Were is furher Vic Mignogna ?" on one side of the sign and the other side would said  "Have seen this guy? He about 5'10 and have blonde hair with hazel eye." with picture of the voice actor picture.