Hug/Glomp Me Signs

Started by PinkHairSasuke, January 28, 2008, 06:50:58 AM

PyronIkari

Quote from: windgirlwithcruse on February 17, 2008, 10:46:31 AM
I know that about the hug/glomp thing. I going off topic but do you it ok to bring a sign for the con. It parted my costume the sign will said  " Were is furher Vic Mignogna ?" on one side of the sign and the other side would said  "Have seen this guy? He about 5'10 and have blonde hair with hazel eye." with picture of the voice actor picture.

no

Kouri Neko

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 17, 2008, 11:13:51 AM
I know that about the hug/glomp thing. I going off topic but do you it ok to bring a sign for the con. It parted my costume the sign will said  " Were is furher Vic Mignogna ?" on one side of the sign and the other side would said  "Have seen this guy? He about 5'10 and have blonde hair with hazel eye." with picture of the voice actor picture.

no

Much agreed..  Just as bad as hug me/glomp me signs.
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Jun-Watarase

No.

Signs are banned from FanimeCon.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

luckyends

so what about if i did a getbackers sign yaknow the one from the anime? as part of a costume
sry just need to ask
and i was curiose if they are banned even if you put them on your shirt?
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: luckyends on February 18, 2008, 07:17:19 AM
so what about if i did a getbackers sign yaknow the one from the anime? as part of a costume
sry just need to ask
and i was curiose if they are banned even if you put them on your shirt?

Weren't you directed to the other thread twice?

...Here.

If it's from the anime and part of the costume, it should be fine-- but it has to be actually RELATED in that way. I don't mean a sign that says something in character. I mean... RELATED as in, actually IN the series and USED in the series by the character you're cosplaying.

And if it's a normal sign... it wouldn't make a difference if it was on your shirt. That shouldn't even be even thought of as a loop-hole around "Signs are banned." Period. If it's print on your shirt, it's probably okay-- like, manufactured. If you WROTE it on your shirt, then you're getting a *facepalm* from staff and patrons against signs in the first place by trying SO HARD to find a loop-hole around something people were trying to get rid of. Stop. Signs are banned. No means no.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

OniCourseMusha

To let u guys know.  Signs are officially not banned at fanime.  From what I read on that thread.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

dibbly

so walking around with a sign that says

"BAN SIGNS"

bad taste or really funny?

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

Mister_E

Quote from: dibbly on February 22, 2008, 05:04:35 PM
so walking around with a sign that says

"BAN SIGNS"

bad taste or really funny?

You MIGHT get booed. Maybe...
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

Kouri Neko

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on February 20, 2008, 10:44:19 PM
To let u guys know.  Signs are officially not banned at fanime.  From what I read on that thread.

I'm tempted to beat somebody with a sign if I see one.  However, I think it's best to let security/con-ops handle the issue. 
I'm not a Mecha Anime fan..

Runewitt

best way to deal with these sign people is to ignore them if you dont like them. "my sign isnt working anymore.. it broked?" if you dont give them the attention they want, they'll either get bored and stop or they'll cause an issue that'll bring in ConOps or security to deal with them. if people begin to star problems with them, they'll probably be asked to either remove their signs or remove themselves.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

OniCourseMusha

Heh, I hope you guys are not targeting my brain age title screen sign ^_^;
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Shinsengumi

Quote from: OniCourseMusha on February 22, 2008, 11:32:11 PM
Heh, I hope you guys are not targeting my brain age title screen sign ^_^;

I am (Kidding)  :D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

ohayo_sunshine

What if you work for your hugs? not just"Hug me while i stand here" kind of thing?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: ohayo_sunshine on February 26, 2008, 01:27:05 AM
What if you work for your hugs? not just"Hug me while i stand here" kind of thing?

What... difference would that make?

FanimaidCafe.com

dibbly

any sign you have or hold is gonna piss off one of these people. =)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

Xeluu

You have to be careful here because then it can be considered prostitution. I THINK. Not 100% sure, but depending on how you phrase it you might get your sign removed.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

OniCourseMusha

If it was 2005 its pretty much nothing happened.  But during 2006, I've been told that one of my friend's sister had her sign removed cuz it said "tap dance for money" which is soliciting.  I stopped the "give me money for DDR" ever since.
Kraken Con Staff

SOawesomeness

I'm not reading all of that, but I think "Free Hugs" should be okay since it's almost everywhere nowadays. :3
(And I saw a booth at Wondercon with "Free Hugs Here" on it. ^^ )
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

short_storiesgl

Quote from: Chiri Kcrinh on February 26, 2008, 09:11:51 PM
I'm not reading all of that, but I think "Free Hugs" should be okay since it's almost everywhere nowadays. :3
(And I saw a booth at Wondercon with "Free Hugs Here" on it. ^^ )

ahha i would of said that
Dance Staff Second