weapon aproval? (pic inside)

Started by luckyends, February 19, 2008, 07:01:30 PM

luckyends

so i just made these 2 swords and they are both about 3/4ths of an inch thick made out of ply wood

i put the old program guide for a size key
so i want to use these with a yukata (blade of the immortal) but my only problem is i do not want the con ops to peace tie them to my obi for fear of flashing my boxers and ripping the yukata or smudging paint all over it also there is really no other place to put em
would you think that they would just peace tie them and send me on my way? or do you think that only to a belt? or just to my hands? cause that would really really suck so please can some one help me with this predicament
and im still kinda excited cause i just finished them ^_^ i know my weapon skills aren't great but Im working on em
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

Chihiro

Considering how big the booklet is.. Those swords are huge. The con ops (Or Security) might do more then peace tie them :0
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

JiiiWiz

Well, they are made of wood, and metal would be a problem. I don't know,but they are okay in my opinion.
"Please don't.."

luckyends

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on February 19, 2008, 09:49:01 PM
Considering how big the booklet is.. Those swords are huge. The con ops (Or Security) might do more then peace tie them :0
well thats the point of me asking ^_^ and yes they are made out of wood they are actualy both about 3 1/2 feet long i think not that giant
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

LinLinLucy

*Psst* you might want to go over those Black Bleed lines with your gray paint you have their. :P

Trumby

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on February 19, 2008, 09:49:01 PM
How do you consider those to be huge? I don't know how big the con book is, but it looks to be about the same size as the other cons I have been to..and going by that those swords are actually pretty normal sized to me. Probably more on the smaller side for props, actually. I don't know how strict the Fanime prop policy is (really wish they would get something up on this..) but at the con I staff (Kumoricon) we would just peace bond those and call it good.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

luckyends

yeah cause i have heard many different thigns in the past of varying thing so i honestly dont know 
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%

Krnchichiri

When in doubt, ask the peace-bonding people! Or... you know, e-mail works too... xD
Though I forget who peace-bonds it... Rovers?
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

luckyends

i was thinking about doing that but then i was kinda wondering if they would get anoyed well il try now ^_^
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%