[ Insert random emo title]

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, April 13, 2008, 04:48:02 AM

PyronIkari

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on April 13, 2008, 10:50:21 PM
I had this big 'ol post to respond, but I'll just sum it up:

Confidence, and a spine to back it up. And/or, just make it not fun anymore to have them badger you.

Someone makes fun of you lightly? Brush it off.
Someone pursues you with their bullying? Blow them off further, as if they don't matter (and USUALLY they don't).
Someone gets physical? Step 1, Warn (usually in a way that implies that both of you have better things to do with your time, in an apathetic manner). Step 2, if they haven't stopped by now, dodge their strikes, and leave the situation to a place with witnesses, if they pursue further. If a strike lands? If you're in middle school, do what I did back then.

Fuck 'em up. Tear them apart. They have to strike first, but once they do they're fair game, scientology style.
Then, once they're gasping on the ground, work things out. Many times, they won't want to take the case to the office-- their pain is punishment enough. ;3

High school? Not so easy, but if you have any sort of legitimate evidence that they've been badgering you for a long time, they may let you off easier. I had one scuffle in High School (ever), and all they had me do was a bit of community service (like, an hour. That's child's play). The other guy was FAR worse off-- apparently he had a track record for what he did.

At least, in my experience, it all boils down to having confidence and something to back it up. Appearance does help, but with confidence, it'll be physically obvious anyway.

There's problems with what you say. For one, getting into a fight against someone isn't smart unless you know you can take them in a fight, or take the punishment better than they can. Otherwise, you're just asking to be hurt bad. Beyond that point, you realize most schools in california have a 0 tolerance for fighting... period. It doesn't matter who started it, it doesn't matter who ended it, if you fight you're expelled. Again... not wise.

The post was flashy but in the end doesn't really work. It's case by case how to react to the bully. Some people you ignore, some you stick up for yourself, some you seek real help, some you challenge mentally. There's no "this is how you react to bullies" general answer. The most important thing is to not let it affect you long term, and deal with it rationally. Of course "rationally" means a lot of things in different situations.

zoupzuop2

Yeah... my middle school was pretty darn tolerant of that. So was my high school, now that I think of it. (That, and I know that I can take a LOT of people in a fight. That could be different for all sorts of people...)

In this case, then, I may have given advice only appropriate to my exclusive context and not to your case, L3sli3. My apologies; please don't follow it unless you're ready to face whatever consequences that the actions may take.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 13, 2008, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 13, 2008, 02:18:18 PM
@ Pyron: You made your point. @Jun: You made your point. I read you guys post and everything they is true.I get what you are saying. Happy now? Is anyone else out there? -echo- my topic can't be THAT bad... Can it?

But that's the problem. You can listen to a point, whether it be someone lecturing you or bullying you, making fun of you, etc... but you refuse to learn from them. You just shrug off things people tell you and move on without gaining a thing.
Hmm...
You really think I'll listen to someones "lecture" when it's presented like THAT? I say nay. When Pyron post he's usually saying things are %100 percent truth and real. It is the WAY he presents them that bothers me most. I don't want sugar-coated, I don't want fake. I want you to agree with me when I'm wrong, I don't want watered down. But when all you do is negativly disagree with people, especially the way he does, it just makes the post(s) boring and I automatically dismiss them. I don't have a problem with what PEOPLE say, but if you can't say it in a more respectable way... What do you expect? For me to say "Okay! That SOOOOOOO right! Thanks!"?. Reality is mean, but it doesn't always have to be a bitch. Or in his case... A realistic asshole... >_>

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Beyond that point, you realize most schools in california have a 0 tolerance for fighting... period. It doesn't matter who started it, it doesn't matter who ended it, if you fight you're expelled.

Where do/did you go to school?

Where I go to school there is HIGH tolerance. Usually when there's a fight that isn't too extreme the student usually receives slap on the wrist and a 3-5 day suspension, and... That's it. But again, the serverity and cause of the fight usually determine the disiplinary action taken by the school.

Like recently at my school, at boy threw a book at a teachers head and he had a concusion ( Is that how you spell it?) on top of that he was bleeding and had to be hospitalized. If that was me he probably would be dead... But the point is, he's not coming back.

Another fight happened a few weeks ago between two girls. They fought, they were taken away by security, and they got their punishments. Neither one was expelled and they came back to school after about a week or two later (or at least one of them did).

Zoup, I am going to follow your advice because I am ready to face the consequences and this does apply to me. Sankyuu!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 15, 2008, 02:48:26 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 13, 2008, 05:06:29 PM
Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 13, 2008, 02:18:18 PM
@ Pyron: You made your point. @Jun: You made your point. I read you guys post and everything they is true.I get what you are saying. Happy now? Is anyone else out there? -echo- my topic can't be THAT bad... Can it?

But that's the problem. You can listen to a point, whether it be someone lecturing you or bullying you, making fun of you, etc... but you refuse to learn from them. You just shrug off things people tell you and move on without gaining a thing.
Hmm...
You really think I'll listen to someones "lecture" when it's presented like THAT? I say nay. When Pyron post he's usually saying things are %100 percent truth and real. It is the WAY he presents them that bothers me most. I don't want sugar-coated, I don't want fake. I want you to agree with me when I'm wrong, I don't want watered down. But when all you do is negativly disagree with people, especially the way he does, it just makes the post(s) boring and I automatically dismiss them. I don't have a problem with what PEOPLE say, but if you can't say it in a more respectable way... What do you expect? For me to say "Okay! That SOOOOOOO right! Thanks!"?. Reality is mean, but it doesn't always have to be a bitch. Or in his case... A realistic asshole... >_>

I beg your pardon? My first post to you was pretty respectable, to be honest. The way you present yourself deserves none of that, if anything, there's no question why you SHOULD be bullied. Because you display so much of your self to make others dislike you, a slap to the face would be a good opportunity to knock some sense into you.

So, you admitted to him being right... but you won't accept it because of the tone? That's a disgusting show of character, to say the least.You said that you'd refuse to read past tone just because it isn't written in a way that agrees with you. You also said you don't want sugarcoated or fake... and yet you just said you will only accept words that agree with you when you're wrong? This is called "being a hypocrite", and you're the perfect representation of it.

You find posts that tell you "you're wrong" boring... does that mean you get them often? Maybe that's a clue to actually listen to others for once, instead of being so immature and stubborn that the only thing you can manage to stomach is "OH, YOU'RE SO GREAT! NO ONE SHOULD BE MEAN TO YOU, AND YOU'RE SO PERFECT THE WAY YOU ARE PRINCESS~~~" For your own sake, grow up. People bully you and give you advice you don't like because you lack good qualities, thus, you're in need of improvement. You won't accept it so you'll shrug off anyone that won't agree with you and praise you without any reason.

But I'm sure you're not going to listen to any of this, either. I don't expect you to. I just hope you don't expect to make it very far in life.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

That post was more or less to Pyron. But what ever, you're right .I'm going to display my immaturity and NOT give any second thought to any of what you say. Happy? You're right again. With that said, you'll stop post, right?

PyronIkari

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 15, 2008, 02:48:26 PM
Hmm...
This is hillarious.

This just more than anything proves my point that you're a stupid shit immature little brat. If you're not willing to accept shit just because of who it comes from, or how they say it, you think you're going to make it in this world? You think you're in any way mature? What a god damned joke. You come on here, and start shooting off your little mouth as if you're some wise kid that is so beyond her age. Then you come back with this shit? Grow the hell up. Seriously. I hate little brats like you. What do I expect? I don't give a damn about you conceding and saying I'm right, I don't care about making myself seem better. If I did, I would be all respectable, use big words, and write in a way like you said, but that's hardly my point.

If you think I'm an asshole compared to life, you've got a lot coming to you when you see the real world. Atleast I'M ATTEMPTING to tell you the truth so that you learn. Other people won't even begin to do that, and will be way harsher than I am. And your response to that is that "LOLOLOL I WON'T LISTEN BECUASE YOU ARES NOT NICE!"

HAHAHHAHAHA

WHAT A GOD DAMNED JOKE.

Kazuko

Reality dosent have to be nice either...
Please for the love of god READ what he says rather than go "OH NOES HES SO MEAN IM NOT GONNA READ IT CAUSE HES SUUUCH AN ASS :["

Hes trying to tell you the truth and you ignore it, I find it immature of you. Not everything in the real world is sunshine and rainbows like they show on tv, its called hollywood for a reason ;D

You are just a kid and a punk ass kid at that who is so ignorant of the truth WHEN ITS PRESENTED TO YOUR FACE that you just brush it off? Laame

There are worse people out there than Pyron, I have met them and you probally wont make it in the real world with that whole "ignorance is bliss" crap

Steve.Young

Pyron doesn't sugar-coat things. He's blunt. It's how he is. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but I can understand it as his personal opinion or his rationalization of facts. Seeing as how people always will disagree with other people, it's just how life is. However, I do feel he could tone it down more often. It just causes less drama and negative reactions (But I would be slightly less entertained).

As for bullying, in my experience there are a lot of different reasons for the why or hows. It's a very tough subject, in my opinion, to subject to one specific type of reason. Especially when the bullying is different on the various social levels that exist in our world. Bullying in school, emotional bullying, bullying at work, etc all vary depending on the person and the situation. Standing up for yourself or having the realization that you are being bullied, whether it is emotionally or physically, is often a good first step. A lot of people who are bullied more often than not don't realize it.

You know in middle school, this dude three times my size liked to pick on me. One day, he was picking a fight with me. A lot of people were around, so I kinda just stood there taking it like a man, waiting for an opportunity. Dropped him so hard, I don't think he'll be having kids for at least another twenty years. Word spread, never got picked on ever again, not even in high school. Once you fight dirty, other guys know it. Of course, over the years, I took martial arts so I wouldn't have to use that forbidden technique. =p Regardless, I think martial arts would be good for people who feel like they are bullied. Discipline, respect for others and oneself, an understanding of your own potential, awareness of your environment, etc. All good stuff it instills in you.

Zero tolerance is a policy employed at most schools, but you can get away with it if you aren't on campus. That's how my school handled it, you went off campus somewhere people could fight. This could lead to other problems if SJPD is patrolling around the schools, but the people at my high school were pros at avoiding the cops. Haha.

Pyron, you are an asshole.

But hey so am I, I'm pretty mean outside these boards. I'm in the business world running a company. Dog eat dog world.

Life is a bitch, just an FYI. Less QQ, More Pew Pew.

(Flame on)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Steve.Young on April 15, 2008, 09:51:58 PM
You know in middle school, this dude three times my size liked to pick on me. One day, he was picking a fight with me. A lot of people were around, so I kinda just stood there taking it like a man, waiting for an opportunity. Dropped him so hard, I don't think he'll be having kids for at least another twenty years. Word spread, never got picked on ever again, not even in high school. Once you fight dirty, other guys know it. Of course, over the years, I took martial arts so I wouldn't have to use that forbidden technique. =p Regardless, I think martial arts would be good for people who feel like they are bullied. Discipline, respect for others and oneself, an understanding of your own potential, awareness of your environment, etc. All good stuff it instills in you.

To be honest, I doubt this would work for girls as efficiently as they do for guys. With guys, they can flaunt their masculinity, whether it be beating other people up, pulling stupid stunts, having a vulgar sense of humor, being promiscuous... and be praised for it. As for girls, they'd either be dubbed as freaks, bitches, whores, and sluts-- it especially doesn't work well with girls that are unattractive. And in this case, she's 17 and should supposedly know better as to not to resort of violence, but hey, the rest of her posts make that sort of expectation a bit too high.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Steve.Young

Your right, it doesn't work for everyone. It worked for me, so I was just throwing it out there. Guys do have an advantage in resorting to violence, as most assume it's a genetic predisposition, natural, hormones, etc.

Essentially, everyone has to find their own path. I honestly think that no two people can truly take the same path. You may think they are the same, but they aren't  ;)
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

XpHoBiaX

Bustin a guys' nose works just as fine for me as the next person. XD Though, I try to keep the violence to a minimum. It's really not the way to go. But that is very true. No two paths are the same. Everyone's gotta find their own.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

You are just a kid and a punk ass kid at that who is so ignorant of the truth WHEN ITS PRESENTED TO YOUR FACE that you just brush it off? Laame

Aww, you totally figured me out! And I was hoping you wouldn't! Geez... This is totally going to make me cry... Waaaahahaha. Good lawd...

You basically just said what Pryon and Jun have been repeating over and over in their post, just putting it in your own words...

THAT, my friend, is "Laame".

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

As for girls, they'd either be dubbed as freaks, bitches, whores, and sluts-- it especially doesn't work well with girls that are unattractive.

Wait a minute...

Are you implying I'm unattractive? Say what you want about me being immature, a hypocrite and what ever else you want... But, if thats what you're implying then thats completely uncalled for and is totally off topic.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Steve.Young on April 15, 2008, 09:51:58 PM
Pyron doesn't sugar-coat things. He's blunt. It's how he is. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but I can understand it as his personal opinion or his rationalization of facts. Seeing as how people always will disagree with other people, it's just how life is. However, I do feel he could tone it down more often. It just causes less drama and negative reactions (But I would be slightly less entertained).

As for bullying, in my experience there are a lot of different reasons for the why or hows. It's a very tough subject, in my opinion, to subject to one specific type of reason. Especially when the bullying is different on the various social levels that exist in our world. Bullying in school, emotional bullying, bullying at work, etc all vary depending on the person and the situation. Standing up for yourself or having the realization that you are being bullied, whether it is emotionally or physically, is often a good first step. A lot of people who are bullied more often than not don't realize it.

Zero tolerance is a policy employed at most schools, but you can get away with it if you aren't on campus. That's how my school handled it, you went off campus somewhere people could fight. This could lead to other problems if SJPD is patrolling around the schools, but the people at my high school were pros at avoiding the cops. Haha.

Pyron, you are an asshole.

But hey so am I, I'm pretty mean outside these boards. I'm in the business world running a company. Dog eat dog world.

Life is a bitch, just an FYI. Less QQ, More Pew Pew.

(Flame on)

I would love to take martial arts, but I'm afraid I might become the very thing I'm trying to avoid: A bully. Well, not really. I'd just return the favor of talking shit and whopping ass the bullys give to me.

You'd think that because I've been through it I'd know how it feels and would be more considerate of people, their actions, and the things that cause them to act the way they act.

But because I'm immature and kept alot of things bottled in, the minute I'd get some form of power I'd abuse it and take out all of my kept in emotions and frustrations out on other people. Primarily bullys.... 

I'd still love to try it though! It might teach me somethings I didn't know about myself and teach me some level of maturity and restrain.

Maybe I wouldn't become a bully. Who knows?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 16, 2008, 12:48:09 PM
QuoteAs for girls, they'd either be dubbed as freaks, bitches, whores, and sluts-- it especially doesn't work well with girls that are unattractive.

Wait a minute...

Are you implying I'm unattractive? Say what you want about me being immature, a hypocrite and what ever else you want... But, if thats what you're implying then thats completely uncalled for and is totally off topic.

For one thing, the only time I actually referred to you in that post was the very last sentence. It's true that in those situations, unattractive girls don't get away with them as easily as attractive girls do. Girls in general don't get away with them as easily, but in most cases, those who are attractive and confident get away with sleeping around without having a bad reputation, without being seen as a freak when they beat someone up, and etc. Anyways, if you felt that it was directed at you, I take it you don't find yourself very attractive.

Here's where I referred to you.

QuoteAnd in this case, she's 17 and should supposedly know better as to not to resort of violence, but hey, the rest of her posts make that sort of expectation a bit too high.

Although it's not quite along the time of insults like "She's a ho" and "She ain't shit", I admit it to be an insult... based on what you've displayed yourself in this thread. If anything, it goes both ways. I feel ashamed to be the same age as you.

Insults could be taken as challenges, especially when they attack a specific reason why that person doesn't like you. Someone could say "She's just weak and pathetic", it's a challenge for yourself to prove that one can grow stronger. When I say, "I have low expectations for you in terms of maturity", do yourself the favor and grow up.

Though, some decent advice that isn't insulting: If you plan on getting into martial arts, join for the sake of improving yourself, discipline, and appreciation for the art rather than joining just to learn how to hurt others. =/

FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 16, 2008, 01:36:21 PM
Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 16, 2008, 12:48:09 PM
QuoteAs for girls, they'd either be dubbed as freaks, bitches, whores, and sluts-- it especially doesn't work well with girls that are unattractive.

Wait a minute...

For one thing, the only time I actually referred to you in that post was the very last sentence. It's true that in those situations, unattractive girls don't get away with them as easily as attractive girls do. Girls in general don't get away with them as easily, but in most cases, those who are attractive and confident get away with sleeping around without having a bad reputation, without being seen as a freak when they beat someone up, and etc. Anyways, if you felt that it was directed at you, I take it you don't find yourself very attractive.

Here's where I referred to you.

QuoteAnd in this case, she's 17 and should supposedly know better as to not to resort of violence, but hey, the rest of her posts make that sort of expectation a bit too high.

Although it's not quite along the time of insults like "She's a ho" and "She ain't shit", I admit it to be an insult... based on what you've displayed yourself in this thread. If anything, it goes both ways. I feel ashamed to be the same age as you.

Insults could be taken as challenges, especially when they attack a specific reason why that person doesn't like you. Someone could say "She's just weak and pathetic", it's a challenge for yourself to prove that one can grow stronger. When I say, "I have low expectations for you in terms of maturity", do yourself the favor and grow up.

Though, some decent advice that isn't insulting: If you plan on getting into martial arts, join for the sake of improving yourself, discipline, and appreciation for the art rather than joining just to learn how to hurt others. =/

Anyways, if you felt that it was directed at you, I take it you don't find yourself very attractive.

No, I unfortunatly can have a very haughty attitude on my appearance. I don't know how it developed, but it did. I remember there was a point in time where I hated looking in the mirror, now I l almost spend 15 minutes taking pictures and admiring myself.

But any ways...

I like this advice.

I feel ashamed to be the same age as you.

Yeh, well, trust me, you aren't the first. I'm sure lots of people feel this way.

I detest being challenged the most. My attitude on that is "Who are you to challenge me?"
This is probably the reason why I'm quick to disagree with people rather than giving what they say some thought. My Dad called me out on this, he said that it isn't the way I should act and---.... Ack! What the hell am I doing!?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on April 16, 2008, 04:25:34 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on April 16, 2008, 01:36:21 PM

I detest being challenged the most. My attitude on that is "Who are you to challenge me?"
This is probably the reason why I'm quick to disagree with people rather than giving what they say some thought. My Dad called me out on this, he said that it isn't the way I should act and---.... Ack! What the hell am I doing!?

People challenging you may feel patronizing, but sometimes when they're repeated, it's kind of a hint that this is a flaw of yours. When you take the initiative to fix these flaws, it's improving yourself, not quite for the sake of others, but for yourself. It makes you a better person, and people will take notice of that and respect you. No one is perfect, but everyone has flaws. Again, my point from the beginning of this is... there's always room for improvement, and becoming a better person is generally a good thing.

FanimaidCafe.com

zoupzuop2

If you haven't taken my advice already, PLEASE don't take it. It's just not right for your context! I was just very lucky! My context is very different from your own!

Besides, I doubt you even KNOW some of the consequences, even if they let you off easy! If you do, then you should also know it's just not worth it!

Granted, I wouldn't be responsible for your decision to take my (admittedly poor) advice, but... I'd rather not have even the SLIGHTEST cloud over my head about it.

Reading that you were going to take my advice anyway scared me a lot. PLEASE! JUST DON'T!
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on April 16, 2008, 06:01:28 PM
If you haven't taken my advice already, PLEASE don't take it. It's just not right for your context! I was just very lucky! My context is very different from your own!

Besides, I doubt you even KNOW some of the consequences, even if they let you off easy! If you do, then you should also know it's just not worth it!

Granted, I wouldn't be responsible for your decision to take my (admittedly poor) advice, but... I'd rather not have even the SLIGHTEST cloud over my head about it.

Reading that you were going to take my advice anyway scared me a lot. PLEASE! JUST DON'T!

I just got beat up today! Why Zuop?! You told me to! Why!! Oh the pain!

I'm just kidding. I know, I know. I actually didn't like fights or competition at all... Thats another reason why I didn't  really respond to people at school: it would just lead to a fight or some stupid uneeded arguement.

(kinda past tense now, if I feel it appropriate, I'll respond, regaurdless of the possible consequences. Well, not really.. I use SOME logic. I dunno... I guess I'm half and half... >_> and really indecisive.)