Guests I Want for Fanimecon 2009!!!!

Started by Nina Star 9, May 26, 2008, 08:21:42 PM

blkriku

The japanese one piece voice actors and creator

Urufu

NOBUYUKI FUKUMOTO
NOBUYUKI FUKUMOTO
NOBUYUKI FUKUMOTO

Dear Lord, that would be the most amazing thing ever. I would...I would literally scream for joy if he were a guest.

Or Masato Hagiwara. I'D BE EQUALLY ECSTATIC.

potatofreek

Any popular voice actors, especially from Kingdom Hearts, FFVII, and D. Gray Man
or any bands/ artists ,  Utada Hikaru, YUI, Nightmare?
I'd probably be happy w/ anyone.
Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

Kazuko

Here are some thought since the Lolita fashion is hitting america like hotcakes and with Baby The stars shine bright, Black Peace now along with other brands that are sold through MaruiOne are going to be in SF due to the VIZ Jpopcenter in Japantown

I suggest we bring baby the stars shine bright, Black Peace now and Angelic Pretty

They have made countless appearances (though BPN under MaruiOne for dealers room) And I say its time we bring them along.
I dont think Baby Made an appaearance yet but It would be very cool

Lolita_Technica

Reuben and Dan! Reuben and Dan! And Maybe Johnny Young Bosch!

Ah, but yeah, Amano Tsukiko and/or Jill Decoy Association would be pretty sweet. :3

Nina Star 9

...Except that Amano decided to retire on us. >__>;

Jiru would be epic, though. We really need some jazz at Fanime. I'm glad that someone else agrees (and where have you been hiding all this time? ;P).

FanFicGuru

I said this last year, I'll say it again for this year:

Some video game company representatives. Atlus, in particular, with their work on Disgaea and the appeal to the Japanese SRPG niche, would fit in very nicely.

I understand that Fanime is primarily about Anime and to a lesser extent live action movies from Japan, but hearing from Atlus would be a great addition as well.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

PyronIkari

Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 01, 2008, 05:46:35 PM

Some video game company representatives. Atlus, in particular, with their work on Disgaea and the appeal to the Japanese SRPG niche, would fit in very nicely.

I understand that Fanime is primarily about Anime and to a lesser extent live action movies from Japan, but hearing from Atlus would be a great addition as well.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You realize that despite Atlus localizing Disgaea, and even Rhapsody back in like '96... they don't own the rights to it. NiS does now. NiS would probably do it, but I highly doubt Atlus would come up for fanime.

I'm curious what you would expect from Atlus though. They're a localization company, as NiS is. They aren't creators/producers. Atlus USA works in translation and publishing games, outside of that, they don't do very much.

They had a panel at AX 2 years ago. Despite it actually getting good attendance, nothing really happened other than staff making fun of each other.

So really, I'm curious what you would expect them to talk about.

PS: I worked at atlus for, and I know pretty much everyone that does work there.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: PyronIkari on November 02, 2008, 03:33:54 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 01, 2008, 05:46:35 PM

You realize that despite Atlus localizing Disgaea, and even Rhapsody back in like '96... they don't own the rights to it. NiS does now. NiS would probably do it, but I highly doubt Atlus would come up for fanime.

I'm curious what you would expect from Atlus though. They're a localization company, as NiS is. They aren't creators/producers. Atlus USA works in translation and publishing games, outside of that, they don't do very much.

They had a panel at AX 2 years ago. Despite it actually getting good attendance, nothing really happened other than staff making fun of each other.

So really, I'm curious what you would expect them to talk about.

PS: I worked at atlus for, and I know pretty much everyone that does work there.

Since they are a localization company, I think that hearing them talk about the challenges and typical process of localizing a game like Disgaea or one of the many other Japanese SRPGs they've helped to bring to the states would be a good subject.

Meh, now that I think about it, it's probably not all that different from Anime localization processes. Still, I love Atlus for the work they do and when I think of game companies that could mesh well with an overwhelmingly anime-themed convention, Nippon Ichi/Atlus come to mind.

Hell, you worked there, maybe I'll just ask you about it at your Damn you Internets! panel, if you do it again lol.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

PyronIkari

Quote from: FanFicGuru on November 03, 2008, 01:26:10 PM
Since they are a localization company, I think that hearing them talk about the challenges and typical process of localizing a game like Disgaea or one of the many other Japanese SRPGs they've helped to bring to the states would be a good subject.

Meh, now that I think about it, it's probably not all that different from Anime localization processes. Still, I love Atlus for the work they do and when I think of game companies that could mesh well with an overwhelmingly anime-themed convention, Nippon Ichi/Atlus come to mind.

Hell, you worked there, maybe I'll just ask you about it at your Damn you Internets! panel, if you do it again lol.

I had a game industry panel 3 years ago, 3 people attended. It was kinda funny. Had people from Atlus, Konami, EA, and some others there.

If you're really interested you can just PM me with any questions you might have.

Baker!-!

Aya hirano and if not wendi lee (or li idk how it is spelled)

actually Sasaki Nozomi would be the most SUPER AWESOME MECHA GLOWING SPECIAL CHOCO-DIPPED SHIMMER guest ever anyone else know her she is a model and patty from lucky star(raki suta)
WAHHHHHHHHH where is patty and hiyori when you need them the most

cosplays for 09
main:Eevee ginjika ?%
Sides:Mitsuru 15% lol i have the hair naturally

Kazuko

Quote from: Baker!-! on November 09, 2008, 10:09:31 PM
Aya hirano and if not wendi lee (or li idk how it is spelled)

actually Sasaki Nozomi would be the most SUPER AWESOME MECHA GLOWING SPECIAL CHOCO-DIPPED SHIMMER guest ever anyone else know her she is a model and patty from lucky star(raki suta)
I doubt Aya Hirano would be able to come this year she came to AX in like 06 or 07 and shes been busy :U shes a college student still if I remember and plus I think it would take alot of coaxing to come back to the US after the whole AX fiasco.

and Durr we know what Lucky star is, I dont think its needed to put Rakii sutaa

I personally would LOVE to see Mitsukazu Mihara a mangaka, Maki and Asuka who design clothes for angelic pretty (they did an amazing job at the Yumemiru musical paradise event in LA from what I Hear) Plus since lolita is sooo big in the US I suggest Angelic pretty and Baby The Stars shine bright Designers/CEO's :d

Yukari Kaiba

for Music Fest guests (some are probably long shots but hey I can wish, can't I? lol) :
-I'd love to see ZZ again, they were so awesome to see live
-RAMEN & RICE!
-UVERworld
-Orange Range
-Nami Tamaki
-Super Junior Happy (they're a k-pop band, figured it could still work)
-Big Bang

mangaka:
-Tite Kubo! (I'd be so so happy if Fanime was able to do this XD)
-Yuu Watase

other guests:
-representatives from Square Enix (really stretching it here XD)
-representatives from Nintendo, ideally Shigeru Miyamoto (again, really stretching it here)

off the top of my head thats all I can think of at the moment - most of these are probably unlikely but eh I can hope for the best at least XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Maki_Jaganshi

Hmm, I don't know many people, but for Mangaka I would love to see You Higuri, Yuu Watase, and Nakamura Yoshiki. They're the only ones could think of so far. As for music guests, An Cafe was really cool, so if they could come again, that would be really awesome. But I'd also like to see Naohito Fujiki too if possible. I love his songs and dramas so much!! X3
"No matter how much you long for someone, if they're distant enough, there won't be any crazy hopes or broken hearts." --Masaru (Mogura to Taiyou)  

Meirin

Tomatsu Haruka
Tomatsu Haruka
Tomatsu Haruka
Tomatsu Haruka

Even though she doesn't give a rat's ass about animu... ww
Fanimaid Veteran circa 2009

potatofreek

Potatoes Rule the World.
Deal with it.

ToshiX

Kubo
voice cast of Bleach Jap/Eng,
Natsuki Takaya
Uver World
High And MightyColor
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

prince_aware

Though this may be unlikely, thought I'd try.

Robert Pattinson (Google him if you don't know who he is~)

lol.

And D'espairsRay, The UNDERNEATH.

:D

ahyoung

haha
koyasu takehito xD

but more seriously,
SID would be nice to see, I don't know how major they are just that they did the opening for Kuroshitsuji

JUNE who did D-Gray Man's Pride of Tomorrow

Mothercoat from a few years back =D

sky-chan

Call me an Fullmetal Alchemist and DNAngel nut, but I really want Vic Mignogna to make an appearance here. A old friend of mine had him come to their school's anime club a few times now, and I really wanna meet him. He inspires me. :3