1 - My worst stay at a hotel ever. I won't be going back
2 (2.2%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: May 01, 2009, 09:44:26 PM

Hatch Guy

Quote from: Moonblossom on June 08, 2008, 05:20:20 PM
Quote from: shinjiboy on June 08, 2008, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: Hatch Guy on June 03, 2008, 04:16:48 PM
Me and my friend stayed at the Sainte Claire for one day on Saturday and we thought it was a good price for a good room. It costed like $123.96 with overnight parking at the hotel. The room had 2 beds and was well maintained and the bathrooms clean. Thou some dislikes my friend had was occasional wet spots in the room near his bed, and the long wait and average customer service for checking into the rooms and getting luggage from their luggage storage area. Free Wi-Fi was also included, which was great but did suffer some bit of lag occasionally. But overall, it was a good hotel that is priced reasonably and is close to the Con. Sainte Claire is a recommend for price, comfort and convenience.

Wet spots near the bed!!!

From a floor cleaner or something, I assume.

Probably rushing . shinjiboy and I were both roommates  ;D Can't wait for Fanime '09.

Nepty

Quote from: BenihimeSama on June 07, 2008, 12:52:51 AM
Dude, did ANYONE stay at the Crowne Plaza?

2) Parking == Effing super expensive! 18 bucks a night, and that was the convention discount rate! Man, I don't know about that.

I Kinda feel special now XD The parking booth guy let us leave for free Sunday morning.
Yeah next time I think I should bring a toaster oven or something. It was a nice place but since I didn't stay up really late I didn't hear a lot of comotion

Jelly Soup

4th floor Hilton here.

This was the first time I ever stayed in the Hilton and I plan on staying there from here on out. Everything was perfect. The only thing that I had to complain about was Fanime staff making a ruckus in the hallway at 2am.

puyo_pop

i stayed at the marriott
I'd probably give it a 8/10

I really was hoping to check in early before 3, but we didn't get to.  We didn't actually check in until 4 or 4:30 =__= 
But this was my first hotel stay, and even if it wasn't perfect, I had a lot of fun because of my friends.
We had to wait for the elevator quite a bit, even that was fun.  We actually met pretty cool/funny people inside the elevator too while waiting for the elevator to go down floor, by floor starting from the 20 something floor.  And when we didn't feel like waiting for the elevator, we raced each other up and down the stairs.
My friend and I justu stayed up late looking outside our window.  (yea, we're romantics ^__^ )The view from the window at night was soooo beautiful~~
Even though we had to look out on that new building under construction, but it was still nice. *___________*
We swam in the pool at 11 pm at night which was cool~~. But I'm highly suspicious of the water though.  >.>  It was a lot...saltier and murkier than I recall pool waters generally were.  >.<
I also liked that it was connected to the con.  Always a plus.  We got to walk back and forth late at night.
I wouldn't mind staying at marriott again, but I'll probably try hilton next year and see how it goes.

Sora

I was in the Marriott, and the primary reason I wasn't too fond of my stay was because the other people in my room trashed the room and the towels were always used, so me and one other couldn't take a shower. It sucked because of that, and one person kept snoring every night we were there.
"Don't give me any orders."

LordKefka

EDIT:

The hotels were ok I guess (Marriott and the one across from it)
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

smurfqueen

I stayed at the marriot this year and it was just ok. For some reason they booked us with a king sized bed when we asked for two doubles so we had to switch at the last minute. I think we got the smallest room they have, but because we got that room we got to spy on the people next to us and we ended up playing a game with them and our L plushies. The service was ok and everyone was polite but the wait for the elevator(especially on the last day) was horrible, it made me want to cry. I think I'm going to stick with the hilton from now on.

BeelzieNao

I was on the 7th floor of the marriot, and for a first timer I actually enjoyed my stay there and hope that next year would be even better. Even if they messed up and only have me a king instead of two beds, it wasn't bad...

Also the wait for the elevators wasn't bad either and most of the time it was quite funny. ^_^ but that's just me.

Laylian

I stayed at the Marriot hotel with three of my friends and had the WORST hotel stay of my life.

Everything was fine until we went to check in. The guy at the counter ran my card through four times, one for each person he said. I thought it was a little wierd and called my mom back home, asking her to check the account balance of my bank account. Rather than taking out the minimum security deposit, they charged us the security deposits for four rooms. I had around $1500 in the account before, and after checking in, had a balance of -$1000. When I went back to the counter, the man said it would go back in after we checked out, not to worry. I thought everything was fine. Later, we realized the seriousness of the situation. My card was a debit card, not a credit card. Our money wouldn't be comeing back in afterwards XD We couldn't pull out any of our spending cash or buy food. It took three days before things got sorted out. Even then, the Marriot never really did much. It was only because I called my bank that anything got done (they gave me a credit until the money got refunded back in). Two days after the convention was over, things got straightened out. The hotel wouldn't really do anything until we threatened to call a lawyer x.x

On another note, the beds were comfy and we never had any problems with room service. Nice staff and such. I never had any problems with the elevators as we usually took the stairs.

It was very stressful though and not any fun at all. I'll stay somewhere else next year.

Dominium

I stayed at the Hilton this past Fanime.
I liked it -- the service was fine, the room and beds were comfy.
I had a generally good time, save for friend-drama.
They decided to bring their puppy along, and that wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be.

Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
I spent a lot of time in the hotel. :/
abnormally attracted to sin.

Rhornez

i stayed at howard johnson....the only room available for three people was a smoking room with two beds T.T it was horrible the coughs i had to go thro and nosebleeds  :'( well it had some good stuff and all but THE SMOKING ROOM IS BAD next time im booking for hilton sheesh 5/10

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Oniko

to be honet I didnt spend a lot of time in the room.  I did notice however a "bump" noise or like a "pounding" noise. It had too much of a pattern for it to just be someone on the next level.  I'm one of those people that cand sleep to dripping water so it drove me nuts
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

WaffoCellist

Quote from: Laylian on September 07, 2008, 02:51:27 AM

Everything was fine until we went to check in. The guy at the counter ran my card through four times, one for each person he said.

Many hotels are now charging a damage deposit when you check in - a safety precaution for them so they don't get stiffed by those who play rock star in their room.  I think it's about $50 a day.  The check in rep at the Marriott should have charged your card per room/per night....NOT PER PERSON.

Sorry that you had to go through that all.  My staff members weren't aware of the new damage deposit this year and had to cancel out on a night because they didn't have enough on their card to cover the expense.

I guess it is a lesson for all of us attending Con next year and plan to stay at either Hilton/Marriott/Crowne, etc....plan to put aside money for the damage deposit when checking in.
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

OtakuMessiah

First off hello and greetings. Well this was my first Con and it was an awakening for my otaku-ness  ;D as far the hotel goes..... :-X well not so great. Me and my friends had to book a hotel that was FIVE miles away. We had no transportation at all besides our legs which we use to go back and forth. Half of it was our own fault because we look up hotels pretty late....like three weeks before fanime which this year had about 12,000 people kinda late  >:(. But the overall stay was the greaest thing that ever happen in my life. (Besides the all night rave party and then walking home with your feet killing you for five miles. But the rave itself was one of the best things in fanime!)Hope to see you all this fanime!. Oh please tell me it's not to late to register for a room?!  :o
"The only thing worst than being blind, is being the only one that can see..."

Lassiel

Quote from: OtakuMessiah on September 15, 2008, 04:29:29 PM
Hope to see you all this fanime!. Oh please tell me it's not to late to register for a room?!  :o

Not at all! :D In fact, reservations for Fanime 09's hotels aren't even up yet. Probably will be in like, what? January or around that time? <.< Or is it Decemberish? Erm, either way, there is still plenty of time. XD

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Lassiel on September 21, 2008, 06:20:12 PM
Hope to see you all this fanime!. Oh please tell me it's not to late to register for a room?!  :o

Not at all! :D In fact, reservations for Fanime 09's hotels aren't even up yet. Probably will be in like, what? January or around that time? <.< Or is it Decemberish? Erm, either way, there is still plenty of time. XD

Give or take. It should be around between December and January. We'll see when they place it up. I remember last year was in December.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: KyraEnsui on October 02, 2008, 05:46:28 AM
Quote from: Lassiel on September 21, 2008, 06:20:12 PM

Give or take. It should be around between December and January. We'll see when they place it up. I remember last year was in December.

Some hotels wait until really late to open up rooms as well, so while we might have an initial block open in Dec./Jan. you might not see the hotel you want to stay at. Specifically, the Hilton is unsure whether they will be opening themselves up to Fanime guests again this year for a variety of reasons, so whether or not their rooms will be available is still TBD.

Keep those things in mind as well as this year ends and the next year approaches. It may take a month, or two, or even three before the hotel you want is included with the room reservation system.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

NerdyBirdAsh

Quote from: FanFicGuru on October 04, 2008, 05:35:43 PMSpecifically, the Hilton is unsure whether they will be opening themselves up to Fanime guests again this year for a variety of reasons, so whether or not their rooms will be available is still TBD.

Say it isn't so!
The Hilton is the best hotel, I don't know what I'd do without the most comfortable beds in San Jose!
D:
Attending FanimeCon for 15 years in 2019

Hirotona

D: I just hope the Fairmont still cuts the wonderful deals it does. Easily the best choice for me and my friends.

Gatsby

I had 3-6 people rooming with me (depending on the night) and we all slept comfortably. This was at the Marriott in a concierge level room (not sure if there is a difference).