Naruto Shonen Ai/Shojo Ai/Pairing Gathering 2011

Started by Eeri-chan, June 16, 2010, 07:57:27 PM

Eeri-chan

Day: Fanime Saturday
Time: 12:30 (during the Naruto Picnic)
MP: Naruto Gathering (Fountains in front of Convention Center, Marriott Side)
L: Park across from Fairmont Hotel (Caesar Chavez Plaza)

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Don't forget to check out the Regular Naruto Gathering!

Additional Rules For This Gathering:
On top of the usual FanimeCon Rules that everyone is expected to follow, because this gathering focuses on pairings, it is a bit more mature, and as such there are a few extra rules that everyone is asked to follow:

1. Keep all poses PG
2. No kissing
3. Be respectful of everyone's boundries. If you don't know someone and you want to pose with them, ask them.
4. Keep your hands in respectful places. In other words, no groping.
5. Because of the sensitive nature of age and romantic poses we must be very careful. With that in mind all participants 16 and over are welcome to stand for poses that include no touching. Any participants in poses that include any touching MUST be 18 or older.
6. Due to the presence of children and families, there will be no incestuous pairings (ie: ItaSasu, etc) or Sensei-Pupil pairings (ie: KakaNaru, etc). This is to avoid any issues with people who might find this upsetting.  

Rules may be added as seen fit by moderators, staff, and organizer.

Do you need someone to complete your pair? Just post here and keep an eye out for people who are also looking. If there's a star by someone's name that means they are looking for someone to pair up with, then just look for their name under the Pairing List to find out which pair they ship. If you ship their character with yours, but they don't, just ask if they'd be willing to pose with you! If someone hasn't designated what pair they want to be a part of, there will be two stars next to their name, so you can also ask them if you can pose with them! But remember, keep all poses PG!

Cosplay list (Updated: 15/2)
Cosplayer count so far=13

Original Series:
Uchiha Sasuke- sasukeuchiha92**
Rock Lee- Eeri-chan*
Rock Lee- r3za1264**
Tsunade- vernajast's friend (maybe)

Shippuden:
Uzumaki Naruto- Shinigami_Lover's friend
Hyuuga Neji- ICosplayNeji**
Rock Lee- Eeri-chan
Gaara- Shogi
Kakashi (regular or formal)- GomenNasaiPro
Sage Naruto- vernajast's friend
Gaara- Chessur
Hyuuga Hinata- Necara**

Akatsuki:
Tobi- vernajast's friend (maybe)

Manga Specific/Artbooks:

Creative Cosplays (your own personal take on a Naruto character):
SnJ Original Choji- monikamilani**

Undecided:
Sai or Shippuden Sasuke- Shinigami_Lover
Naruto, Orochimaru, or Neji- TearxGuyFan
Sakura or Karin- vernajast's friend
Minato or Shipp Sasuke- vernajast's friend
Pregnant!Kushina or Shipp Naruto- vernajast's friend
Kakashi or Pre-time-skip Naruto- vernajast's friend
Iruka or Pre-time-skip Sasuke- vernajast's friend
Kimimaro, Akatsuki Orochimaru, Kabutomaru, or TimeWarp!Orochimaru- Chosen_Entity

Pairing List:

Original Series-ShonenAi (Male/Male):
NaruSasu:

GaaLee:
Rock Lee-Eeri-chan*

KakaIru:
vernajast's friends

Original Series-ShojoAi (Female/Female):

Original Series-Het (Male/Female):

Shippuden-ShonenAi (Male/Male):
NaruSasu:
vernajast's friends

GaaLee:
Rock Lee- Eeri-chan
Gaara- Shogi

NejiShika:
Neji- ICosplayNeji**

Shippuden-ShojoAi (Female/Female):

Shippuden-Het (Female/Male):

MinaKushi:
vernajast's group

Akatsuki-ShonenAi (Male/Male):
MadaMina:
vernajast's friends

Akatsuki-ShojoAi (Female/Female):

Akatsuki-Het (Male/Female):

Manga Specific/Artbooks-ShonenAi (Male/Male):
NaruSasu:

Manga Specific/Artbooks-ShojoAi (Female/Female):

Manga Specific/Artbooks-Het (Male/Female):

Creative Cosplays-ShonenAi (Male/Male):
NaruSasu:

Creative Cosplays-ShojoAi (Female/Female):

Creative Cosplays-Het (Male/Female):

Cross-Over-ShonenAi (Male/Male):
NaruSasu(Akatsuki Sasuke):

Cross-Over-ShojoAi (Female/Female):

Cross-Over-Het (Female/Male):

Photo Order: TBA

Shinigami_Lover

I have a Naruto that I go with so it would depend on what day but I would Sai or Sasuke
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

ICosplayNeji

I'm going to try and make it as Shipp. Neji to this gathering! This is a WIN idea ^^ Maybe I can find a Shikamaru there! XD ShikaNeji will probably be my OTP forever lol ;D

r3za1264

monikamilani

I'll be there as Choji from the original naruto =)
Just that weird, surprising, and awkward kid that's always there.
In the corner.
Watching your every move.
Secretly stalking you and watching you sleep. ;)
Fanime/Japan Expo Cosplays 2013~
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori
...pffft who the hell cares iunno kbye~

Eeri-chan

Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on June 16, 2010, 10:25:53 PM
I have a Naruto that I go with so it would depend on what day but I would Sai or Sasuke

Would you be Shippuden Sasuke if you cosplay Sasuke??? And is your Naruto Shippuden or original? I know it seems anal, I just want to make sure everything is organized. :)

Quote from: r3za1264 on June 17, 2010, 11:19:54 AM
ill come in as rock lee :D

Original or Shippuden? Or your own version? And what pair are you hoping to be a part of?

Quote from: monikamilani on June 17, 2010, 11:27:43 AM
I'll be there as Choji from the original naruto =)

Do you have a pair you'd like to be a part of?

Also, I know it's early on, but I'd like to encourage some discussion about what pairings everyone is expecting to be at the gathering, what pairings they hope are there, what pairing they want to be a part of, as well as a discussion about what they think is appropriate behavior and such!

Thanks everyone who has signed up so far! I think this is gonna be an amazing gathering!

Eeri-chan

r3za1264

monikamilani

Oh any pairing is fine, maybe hinata or something, I dunno. Any that suits Choji =)
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori

monikamilani

But on second thought... Choji isn't really involved with hinata so any you think is fine or if someone wants to pair up with me thats fine too =DD
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori

monikamilani

GAHH! I'm sorry I keep changing my mind. I'll say all that ineed to now, instead I'll be taking my own course with choji and be a girl type choji, and Im willing to pair with anyone that wants to
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori

Eeri-chan

All right! So, after Anime Expo and the Naruto 'Yaoi' gathering that went on Day Three, I have a pretty good idea of what not to do for this gathering.

It's really important that everyone take part in the discussion about what is and isn't appropriate. I want to make sure that everyone is clear on what's going on, and on what's okay. The Naruto pairing gathering at AX included very little inappropriate poses, however, a lot of the people there were of age and the other portion was below age. Like twelve. This is something that will not be tolerated at Fanime, I know it's already in the rules, but I really want to reiterate that.

Anyhoo, what does everyone consider appropriate touching? I'm sure as the year drags on and we get closer there will be more replies and people up for discussing what they feel is okay, but I just have the experience from AX fresh in my mind. The AX gathering was fun, however, the participants also did not listen to the leaders, and there were too many people helping out. If you want to help with organizing this, that's fine, but I will only allow so many people, and I'll be the one on the bull horn.

Also, it's really important for the sake of time that we go quickly, so if we want this to work, we need to know what pairings people have in mind for poses. There are a lot of characters, which means a lot of pairing options, so if we can get some suggestions and if people could mention what they want to pose for that would be great!

Yeah. I don't mean to be uber anal, but I do want everyone to have fun while still being appropriate so none of us get scolded. :)

Shinigami_Lover

Quote from: Eeri-chan on June 17, 2010, 12:30:24 PM
Quote from: Shinigami_Lover on June 16, 2010, 10:25:53 PM

Would you be Shippuden Sasuke if you cosplay Sasuke??? And is your Naruto Shippuden or original? I know it seems anal, I just want to make sure everything is organized. :)

We are both Shippuden!
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

Eeri-chan

Awesome! Thank you so much, Shinigami_Lover!

monikamilani

So, can you give some examples of appropriate touching in mind? And the poses are the kind of poses that are romantic and face to face?
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori

Eeri-chan

Well, it depends. In my opinion sixteen and seventeen year olds ought to refrain from anything that exceeds a PG rating. Hugs, or linked arms might be okay. But that also depends on the person. Eighteen and older have a little more room to pose, however, we also need to keep it as family friendly as possible.

That's why I want to know what everyone thinks is okay. Everyone has different boundaries, you know? If the people posing are friends or in a relationship they might be more comfortable to pose with each other, whereas a stranger might not be.

Of course, if you want to have a really hardcore pairing picture then I would suggest to have a private shoot.

Also, some people might not want to pose for shonen ai or shojo ai, but others might not want to pose for a straight pairing. And someone might not want to pose for one ship but pose for another. Which is why I also want us to discuss about what pairings we expect to see, or want to pose for.

Chosen_Entity

Ooooooh! I really want to attend this one! But which char should I go as?

Kimimaro, Akatsuki Orochimaru, Kabutomaru, or TimeWarp!Orochimaru? (Orochi with Rocky Horror getup)

Which do you think you could get the most use out of?

Eeri-chan

That is a very good question.

Honestly, I don't know. I imagine you'd get a lot of mileage out of Orochimaru or Kabuto. Probably even Kimimaro. I don't know! -headdesk- I'm hoping that this gathering will be on the same day as the Official Naruto Gathering, and either before or after it. I don't want it to conflict with the picnic, or the CLAMP gathering (since I cosplay Cardcaptor Sakura as well) or the Kuroshitsuji gathering (since I'm cosplaying Grell, although, that is not as important).

So, I don't know, but the time might affect who you cosplay. I saw you are cosplaying Kimimaro (-squee-) so it might be easier to cosplay him at the gathering.

Also, did you have any particular pairings you were hoping to pose for? Or were you a free-for-all?

BrightHeart76

Just as a note to help with timing.  We will be having the picnic again this year, it's always right after the official gathering.  This really leaves you two options if you want to have a time connected with the official gathering.  (At least as far as I see it.)  1. You can go before the official gathering.  2. You can go during the picnic.  Now I dont' mean miss the picnic, I mean come over to the park with everyone, do your photos and everything in the park then join the lunch / game fun of the picnic. 

There are pros and cons to both of those ideas, and you can still pick a different time.  I just wanted to give you that information.  Also, I can just about promise you that the Naruto Gathering will be at 11 or noon this year, I'm leaning toward 11 because by noon the day is getting hot and people start melting in their cosplays (case in point I was litterally falling apart this year for the noon gathering). 

I hope that helps some.  It's still so early in the planning stages that everything is up for debate.  It's going to be another GREAT year.  Your gathering will really add to the fun.   :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Eeri-chan

That might actually work--having it at the picnic, I mean. But yes, it is really early in the planning stage. Perhaps if we can't get a ten o'clock time then we can do it at the picnic--unless you do get stuck with twelve, although, I imagine if you get twelve, we won't be getting eleven.

And it might be better if it's at ten in the morning simply because less people will be up, and it's more likely that the younger ones won't be coming along. I do not want this gathering to be like the AX one where there were twelve year olds. >_< Absolutely not.

So, I think we'll leave it as we're trying to a ten o'clock time, which is before the Naruto gathering, at the fountains, but if we fail to get that, then it will just be at the picnic. :)

Thanks, BrightHeart!

monikamilani

Oh man, I can't go to this XD Sorry =( I don't think I can make it especially because of all the gatherings I'm going to and I'm already going to the other Naruto one =( Saddddd.
In the corner.
-Cooking Mama
-Fem. Sasori