So liek where do you guyz get ur LOLITA stuffs?

Started by questionette, May 29, 2008, 09:11:51 PM

questionette

After looking through the dealer's room at fanime and purchasing a few lolita things..I'm hooked, can you guys recommend me a few sites/stores (if there are any in america) where I can purchase myself a pretty dress? :3

And I'm pretty much clueless about how sizes transfer over to US ones...I'm guessing a large over there is a medium over here?

Kazuko

*cracks knuckles* this is my specialtyyy

Well there are us stores like Candy violet, In the starlight, Applesugar, and Gothic Garnet also Sweet Rococco (I love this site since you can build an outfit)

some of the japanese stores like Baby the stars shine bright, angelic pretty and Metamorphose do ship overseas and H.Naoto has just jumped on that train. Closet child does also and the chinese site Anna House has some things

http://www.lolitafashion.org/index.php this is a good site for youngins like you

what I dont recommend is Bodyline =( to be honest its not a very good lolita starter set because of the cheap material that is used at times. so Its like a shot in the dark if you get a good outfit from there

My clothes are from innocent world or Apple sugar =)

when It comes to measuring JP sizes they do have the size thing like for example specific bust sizes and what not. sometimes they do have shirring outfits for the larger girls. If you need help ask me

Lisu

Kazuko

Quote from: Lisu on May 29, 2008, 09:31:07 PM
This threads title is false advertisement.
LOL oh lisu lisu! you should know better

questionette

Yeah, you're right Lisu XD

-Experiment over-
*changes title*

JohnnyAR

Ya know, I couldn't find a store in the Dealer's room that was selling those nifty looking goggles.

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Gatsby

Kazuko just about covered everything. Lol. I might even take a look at some of those sites I didn't know.

I'm glad to have gotten some more Lolita Kisama stuff. :P Plus it was lovely to see my friend Miyaki (one of teh models). Mhm.

Kazuko

*kicks JohnnyAR* OMG goggles are in no affiliation with Lolita whatsoever D:< unless its steampunk and I would know!

Darth: For me Lolita Kisama dosent seem to cater much Lolita to me from their website and what I saw in dealers...its more of a Visual Kei feel not so much lolita though they do have lolita accesories like headdresses, seem to be hit or miss

https://www.lolita-kisama.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=885 <---This could be lolita as a coat with matching skirt or a black skirt. Its also perfect for the Ouji-sama (prince) look

=) I know my stuff! I have been to Harajuku, chatted with lolitas over there and Here in the US, sampled brands the works

I also recomend to stay away from cosmates D: please for love of god Maid =/= Lolita at all! also the whole cheap lace and bad product thing. Hit or miss (mainly they sell body line since bodyline dose not have an english site)

JohnnyAR

Ow, sorry about that, I just thought somebody on this thread would know.

felicity869

Do you have a livejournal account? Because there's a lot of good stuff posted over on http://community.livejournal.com/egl_comm_sales/

Kazuko

Quote from: felicity869 on May 30, 2008, 11:06:54 PM
Do you have a livejournal account? Because there's a lot of good stuff posted over on http://community.livejournal.com/egl_comm_sales/
O: I forgout about lj for like a bit *sob*

the EGL community on LiveJournal is pretty good too well for advice and whatnot =)

feeeliii how is colin? is he still pouting from his ban on con drinking XD

Glitch

Best of all with kazuko, you get the egl expertise without the egl snooty attitude.

rubymoonIII

@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Kazuko

Please doint coin EGL to talk about Gothic & Lolita, EGL is the term Mana coined for his brand to specify but it is a subsect. I just call it Lolita Fashion or Lolita.

I make my own alice bows and headdresses, but Yeah with self made outfits its a nice start for a starter but also keep in mind that it should be relativley tasteful and not a crapful of lace. Also the material must be good in quality

No satin or silk PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO SHINY FABRIC D: its horrible and tacky. along with cheap lace combo

XpHoBiaX

I wish Lolita suited me. @_@ It's so pretty!

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Ari

Lol last year in the dealers room there was gothic garnet who sold some lolita jewelry and some nice shoes... They weren't there this year though... :'(