With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

BrightHeart76

Got delayed (unavoidable).  On my way to the line for FLOW now.  (Doesn't look to be much of a line yet, so yay for good seats.)

See y'all soon!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

ICosplayNeji

WOO! Got here around 11:30 ;D Probably not going to FLOW  :-[ But I'm still going to meet up with you guys afterwards! I'll be in my L cosplay

TokenBlackGuy

Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

FLOW was AMAZING!  I've been back for an hour and I still can't hear out of my right ear.  LOL.  Started off with Re:member, did Signs half way thru and finished with an absolutely killer performance of GO!! 

Happy to see everyone!  What a way to kick off Fanime!!!!!   ;D   ;D
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

somegirlkatie

UGH! You guys are having fun without me! No fair!

jackiemarie90

omg guys fanime was uh-mazing today!!! Flow rocked so hard! And I wore my gaara outfit today! :P ha ha

You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

somegirlkatie

Quote from: jackiemarie90 on May 28, 2010, 10:37:04 PM
omg guys fanime was uh-mazing today!!! Flow rocked so hard! And I wore my gaara outfit today! :P ha ha

Omgs! You look good! XD I envy your ninja shoes. I'm scared to try to make mine, haha.

BrightHeart76

I SAW YOU!  Your cosplay is really good!

10 o'clock meet up was epic.  I expected 3 or 4 people, instead it was a big ol' group of awesome people having fun for almost an hour!  We even had a dog cosplaying as the nine-tailed fox (with 4 tails).

EJAY420 just gave me the banner for the Gathering, it's spectacular! 

Don't forget breakfast tomorrow at 10.  Meet at the Marriot and then migrate to Peet's.  I must go to sleep now so that I can be awake for it.   ;D

TokenBlackGuy

Ill be there in the morning see you guys then. hungry hungry hungry. nom nom nom. Nice meeting all i did : p. actally peeps in at the fairmont 1502, or calls me at 209-622-6388 if you needs helps with something. cant wait for morning fanime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :o

My Cosplay. TBA

jackiemarie90

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 28, 2010, 10:54:47 PM

Omgs! You look good! XD I envy your ninja shoes. I'm scared to try to make mine, haha.

Lol I literally made my shoes out of old sandals bottoms, electric tape, and nylons! ha ha And thank you!! :)
You haven't idealized mankind, you have deformed it, and that's the real practical joke.

jackiemarie90

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 28, 2010, 11:39:32 PM

I SAW YOU!  Your cosplay is really good!

10 o'clock meet up was epic.  I expected 3 or 4 people, instead it was a big ol' group of awesome people having fun for almost an hour!  We even had a dog cosplaying as the nine-tailed fox (with 4 tails).

EJAY420 just gave me the banner for the Gathering, it's spectacular! 

Don't forget breakfast tomorrow at 10.  Meet at the Marriot and then migrate to Peet's.  I must go to sleep now so that I can be awake for it.   ;D

Thank you. ha ha :)

Chosen_Entity

OMFG so much fun so far! FLOW was amazing last night, even though I'm still mostly deaf, and my voice is still shot! :D

Awwwww! A little troupe of Bleach cosplayers just wandered by! Can't be older than 7 or 8, and the little Urahara is grinning and thumping his cane around like he owns the place. ^__^

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on May 28, 2010, 03:30:29 PM
Lots and lots of cosplayers.  WOW!  I was eating breakfast a little bit ago and an Orochimaru and a Sasuke went skipping by arm in arm.  It was awesome.

Happy to oblige! :3

ICosplayNeji

somegirlkatie

Quote from: ICosplayNeji on May 29, 2010, 09:07:50 PM
TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY! WOO!! ;D
Omgs I know! XD. I am right now making the clouds for my cloak [which hasnt even been made yet] - grrr for running way behind schedule. lol. I wasn't kidding when I said I would be up all night if I had to, I'm going to finish this thing! So hopefully I can get a few hours of sleep. I have to get up at 4 am which gives me an hour to wake up, get dressed up, make a stupid bun on my head with my shoulder length hair. Because we have to leave at 5 am to make it there around the time to register. Grawrrs. And of course ontop of all of that - IM A TERRIBLE MORNING PERSON.  :D Sounds like a blast. But I'm sure it will all pay off in the end. I think after all of this I deserve a hug.

TokenBlackGuy

if you need one ,(toy story reference) you got a friend in me!!!1 you got a friend in me!!!

ANBU POWER TOMORROW!!!!!

My Cosplay. TBA

somegirlkatie

Oh em gee! Someone has a website up with cosplay pictures from day one. AND I MUST SAY. Whoever is playing Hidan in this picture - please expect a hug from a crazy girl with orange hair and a whole-lotta pictures. You did an AMAZING JOB.  ;D

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

somegirlkatie

Forgive me, things just kinda hit the fan at the last minute this morning. I was all hyped up to go then things just kinda went downhill. So I couldn't go. >< I hope the gathering was fun. My mother said she would take me to Anime-Expo since I had to miss this one. Meh!! ><, once again very sorry.

BrightHeart76

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 30, 2010, 01:21:28 PM
Forgive me, things just kinda hit the fan at the last minute this morning. I was all hyped up to go then things just kinda went downhill. So I couldn't go. >< I hope the gathering was fun. My mother said she would take me to Anime-Expo since I had to miss this one. Meh!! ><, once again very sorry.

No worries.  I wondered where you were, but hoped everything was ok.  Tell us all how Anime Expo goes.  See you next year!!!

Gathering was fantastic guys.  I'll post more once I'm able to move again.  Good gravy is my body tired after this day.  You all rock.  I'll still be around tonight and tomorrow, hope to see many of you thru the rest of Fanime!

Chosen_Entity

Quote from: somegirlkatie on May 29, 2010, 10:12:38 PM
Oh em gee! Someone has a website up with cosplay pictures from day one. AND I MUST SAY. Whoever is playing Hidan in this picture - please expect a hug from a crazy girl with orange hair and a whole-lotta pictures. You did an AMAZING JOB.  ;D

I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

Yeah, he did and amazing job! ...And it was about a million times more awesome since he was British. :3 Talk about a long trip!

Sadness that I can't cosplay my Orochi again today. Face paint and allergies don't mix. :/

EDIT: Awww man! Now I really wish I had done my costume today! I REALLY wanted to go up and stand with the religious protesters! *Buddy Jesus thumbs-up* Orochimaru approves this message! XD

BrightHeart76

Ah.  After a good nights sleep, much water and a good meal I feel more like myself again.  Still can't fit my feet into my shoes, but this swelling too shall pass.   ;D

Sunday was AMAZING guys.  You all impressed me with the continued attitude of fun and excitment I've been enjoying on this board for months.  I heard from a LOT of people about how cool the Naruto cosplayers were.  Let's keep it up for Fanime 2011!! 

The picnic was epic.  I really didn't expect that the UNO game would be so well accepted.  :)  Such fun getting to talk with people.  Put names to faces.

For now I'm debating if I will make it back for Fanime 2011.  There are a lot of factors that might affect that and I can't make a full decision on that until I know all of the facts.  However, I will continue organzing this event in the hopes that I will be back to use my bullhorn again next year.   :D  I'll let you all know if we need to pick a new organizer.

That being said.  Fanime 2010 is complete.  It was a total success in my opinion, it just seems to get better each year.  For now, please post your picture of Naruto cosplayers or events here so that we can all see!  I'll post mine as soon as I get home and have access to my computer.   ;D

Thanks again for an AMAZING...SPECTACULAR...OUT OF THIS WORLD Fanime 2010.  You guys really are the best of the best.   :D