With The Will Of Fire! Naruto Gathering 2011!

Started by BrightHeart76, June 03, 2008, 07:15:12 PM

Are you coming to Fanime 2011?

Yes
No
I don't know yet

TokenBlackGuy

Wait, so to just go and watch and just be there do i need to register or i dont have to , for both.
Deviantart Profile. http://tokenblackguy1991.deviantart.com/

My Cosplay. TBA

OH MY GAWD YOU ARE SO NEEDY!!!!!

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 25, 2010, 10:28:16 AM
I  got a question about the masquerade and the black and white ball, with that registration thing on the home page  of fanime do you need to register to get in or is that for participating in a skit in the event.

To clarify.  You have to be registered as a Member for Fanime (your badge) to attend these events.  You have to register as a participant if you want to present a skit at Masquerade.  If you want to be an audience member you can just come over and joing the fun.  :D  There's usually a line well in advance of Masquerade opening, but if you don't care where you sit you don't have to stand in the line for so long.  Black and White Ball is a member event, just show up dressed to meet the dress code with your Fanime Badge and you're in. 

So to repeat:
Fanime Registration = Required for entry into any Fanime event (Masq., B&W Ball, Music Fest, Dance, Dealer's Room, Video Rooms...etc.)

Masquerade Registration = Only required if you're doing a skit / presenting your cosplay for judging.  Make sure to bring your badge for general audience admission.

Black And White Ball Registration = Never heard of it.  Make sure to bring your badge for admission.

Hope that helps.  :)
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Moogleborg

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on February 19, 2010, 05:08:32 PM
We have officially voted for 12 noon for the Gathering.  I will PM BSaphire right now to request that time.   ;D

Now that the business is done...let's move onto the fun!

We need a captain and players for cosplay chess.  Who's interested?  Let me know how I can help. 

MuggleBorg, how are we with preparations for dancing?

Picnic.  I'm going to say we'll do the picnic at 1:00 in the park.  It's bring your own, but feel free to bring extra.  I for one plan to bring extra.  How does that sound to you guys?

Games.  I have some games for the picnic.  What else would we like to do?

Lots of fun stuff.  Can't wait for Fanime!   ;D  ;D

I'm cleaning up on Bacchikoi, although i'm still debating whether to do the short version from the anime ending, or the full length version based off of the Dev Parade video. I'll get back to you on it. ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

TokenBlackGuy

Ok kool, so for Fanime do we have to register again though that ridiculously long line every year, or is there another way to get past that.

My Cosplay. TBA

roth14

It depends on if you registered online or you will register there.

TokenBlackGuy

So if i register online i don't have to go threw the 2 hr line or can i just get the tickets without going the the leg of pain line. I'd just like to figure this bit part out.

My Cosplay. TBA

BrightHeart76

Quote from: TokenBlackGuy on February 26, 2010, 01:38:02 PM
So if i register online i don't have to go threw the 2 hr line or can i just get the tickets without going the the leg of pain line. I'd just like to figure this bit part out.

The length of the line varries.  If you pre-register online before it changes to early registration you can show up as early as Thursday to get your badge.  The line for your badge on Thursday (Day Zero) is usually pretty long, but full of awesome people.  Once they open the doors it moves pretty quick.  If you pick up your badge during regular hours there is usually a special line for people who preregistered, it's usually very quick.  All of the lines have really improved in speed over the last few years, which is wonderful.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

TokenBlackGuy

Ok got it. Thnxs for the info. I was a little slow at the moment, but its all good now.

My Cosplay. TBA

Cailany

I'll be there as Akatsuki Taka Sasuke ^_^

Sense he brought it up, is there a specific time on Day 0 to get your badge? Otherwise what time does Day 1 open to get the pre-ordered online badges?

BrightHeart76

I'll be updating the cosplay list later today.  Glad to have everyone.  :)  Our numbers are a little smaller than last year at this time.  Don't forget to tell your friends about our Gathering.  There is a good chance that this will be my last year and I'd love to go out with a big gathering.   :D

Hours for badge pickup haven't been posted yet.  In the past Day Zero opened in the late afternon (can't remember an exact time).  Day 1 (Friday) opens in the morning, I thought it was around 9 or 10, but someone else said 8.  I'll post the official times in here once Registration posts their official hours. 

KazeGaara

I'm pretty sure that there will be at least three more of us attending at least part of the Naruto gathering this year.

Shippuden Gaara, Deidara, Tobi (three different cosplayers).

We were around last year, but missed the gathering.

BrightHeart76

Hi guys!  We're updated again!  OVER 50 COSPLAYERS!!!  Wohoo!  Keep 'em coming guys.  We'll have another great year this year.  I know it.   ;D

Good news.  BSaphire, who is awesome, set it up so that the half hour after our gathering is marked as busy too.  What does this mean?  This means that if we go over half of an hour getting all of our pictures we'll be ok.  It lets the other gatherings know that the area may still be busy.  Seeing as we NEVER get all of our pictures done in half of an hour this is FANTASTIC!  Don't forget to thank B for all of her hard work.  The best way to thank her is to put our effort into making the Chess Game and her Shonen Jump Gathering ROCK.  If you can make it to Cosplay Chess and would like to play please let me know.  Once we have enough players I'll post in Shonen Jump so they can start organizing themselves.  The Jump Gathering is at 3:00 the same day as our Gathering.  Sign up with B on her thread and then drop by.  It's fun to see all of the different manga represented in that group.  Heck, it's a gathering that puts us TOGETHER with the Bleach! cosplayers, that alone is a moment of Epic. It's great each year.  :D

I had more I wanted to say but I'm totally forgetting what that way.  I'll post more later.  Keep in touch!  Fanime is closer every day!

BrightHeart76

Just a random question.  Would more people be willing to join the game if it was Cosplay Chess or Cosplay Checkers? 

Eliteslayer

I'm good with chess or checkers. Either one sounds fun.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Sora

I have a friend who will be doing Shippuden Naruto.
"Don't give me any orders."

Shinigami_Lover

Both sound good to me...

So for the photoshoot I am going still be Sakura (but I might get my friend to be her and I might be Sasuke - Bright I will let you know) ALSO I have a Naruto... For the dance and dinner My Naru will be Naru, my friend will be Sakura and I will be Sasuke... team 7 will be reunited....
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)

BrightHeart76

Sorry I haven't updated this weekend guys.  It's been a bit crazed.  But things look better now.  :D

We REALLY need people to take part in the Cosplay Chess or Checkers game.  How often do you get the chance to be a living piece of a game on a giant sized board?  It'll be worth it just to tell people about when you talk about the con.  We need to know we have enough people soon so we can set it up with Shonen Jump.  Who's down for it?  I'm willing to offer candy bribes for Naruto Cosplay Participants in the game of Cosplay Chess / Checkers.

Please!  Sign up!  Sign your friends up!  It'll be lots of fun!   ;D

Shinigami_Lover

Bright you will have all of Team 7, for the cosplay chess.... Also I am going as Shippuden Sasuke now and I have a Naruto and Sakura coming with and we are all Shippuden ^_^

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots

BrightHeart76

I feel pretty confident that we'll have enough people for cosplay checkers.  So unless anyone has a problem with that let's go for cosplay checkers.  :-)  I'll have to look around for some cheap crowns for people to be "kinged".  :D

What else is going on?  Fanime is closer every day!!  Can't wait.   ;D

Shinigami_Lover

Working on Sakura's White and Black Ball Dress....  and My outfit for Sasuke

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots