D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

yamaneko

Quote from: ToshiX on June 27, 2008, 09:55:34 PM
@Hiro- this fanime sun. I was crown clown, Itachi, Ban Kai Ichigo then hollow ban kai ichigo then I was Chopin ><
I had to go through 5 cosplays it was not fun lol

. . . wow. *bows down and worships* Lol xDD Seriously, though, how many times did you run up and down the stairs in the hotel? xD

@yama- dang my parents aren't even that asian strict lol

YES!! My parents ARE that strict, because they're like, "You can't do anything by yourself until you're 16!!" D: Hell, the only reason I'm allowed to go to Fanime right now is because I always go with a bunch of my friends every year.

but I think 10 is quite early thats why alot of people didnt make it this year.

Yeah, that's our main debating point right now, I think. . . whether to make it just a LITTLE bit later so more people can make it (and still sleep in, lol xD) Because, at one point, we only had 5 people at the gathering, and by the time more people came, most of the people that HAD been there on time were gone ^^;
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 28, 2008, 12:02:41 PM
@Hiro- this fanime sun. I was crown clown, Itachi, Ban Kai Ichigo then hollow ban kai ichigo then I was Chopin ><

. . . wow. *bows down and worships* Lol xDD Seriously, though, how many times did you run up and down the stairs in the hotel? xD

YES!! My parents ARE that strict, because they're like, "You can't do anything by yourself until you're 16!!" D: Hell, the only reason I'm allowed to go to Fanime right now is because I always go with a bunch of my friends every year.

Yeah, that's our main debating point right now, I think. . . whether to make it just a LITTLE bit later so more people can make it (and still sleep in, lol xD) Because, at one point, we only had 5 people at the gathering, and by the time more people came, most of the people that HAD been there on time were gone ^^;

Oi, I HATE changing in and out of costumes!
Especially at Fanime.  First I was Edgeworth, at 1pm, then was the shonen jump shoot at 2.
They weren't taking 'Edgey pictures' anyway so I changed into mini Byakuya as quickly as i could and still missed the shonen jump shoot
Byakun is only IN the manga so I belonged there more than the Bleach shoot. >_<

Bah, we can sleep the rest of year.
Going an entire con without sleep is quite the experience ( what I can remember of it) everyone should do it once.
Later I foudn out that after I changed the PW group was looking for an Edgeworth. This is why I HATE having more than one costume.

Hirotona

The concept of getting regular sleep at any con is amusing to me XD

I can understand not wanting to pull constant all nighters but.... I just don't see how any one can sleep regular hours (assuming them to be 8-10) at a con.

Haha I almost went through AX06 with no sleep.. though I kept passing out for a minute from time to time whenever I sat down o ___o;;

AnimeEmperor

It's important to get SOME sleep but I can't believe regular hours are possible.

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on June 28, 2008, 12:32:26 PM
The concept of getting regular sleep at any con is amusing to me XD

I can understand not wanting to pull constant all nighters but.... I just don't see how any one can sleep regular hours (assuming them to be 8-10) at a con.

Haha I almost went through AX06 with no sleep.. though I kept passing out for a minute from time to time whenever I sat down o ___o;;

Neither can I. 'Sleep' and 'convention ' are completely  antonymous with one another.

Last Kumoricon I did the very same thing. The second I stopped moving, I'd fall asleep.  I even fell asleep while my friend was spiking up my hair and apparently started hallucinating after a while.

It worked out pretty well though because I was cosplaying as a  really beat up Renji ( covered in fake blood and bandages.) and was stumbling around behind Byakuya. It only made the costume more..'believable XD

ToshiX

Quote from: yamaneko on June 28, 2008, 12:02:41 PM

@yama- dang my parents aren't even that asian strict lol

lol the lame part is i had to run all the way back to the fairmont yeah the fair mont ><
and bout 5 to 6 times lol. and that sucks

well when do you turn 16?
when you do say mom dad I;m 16 now what I can do thing now lol.
don't do it if your parents will kill you hahaha

welll I think you should wait a little and see when like the really big anime gatherings are
then decide on which day since DGM isn't so big this year hopefully next year.
since they bringing it over like in jan or so ^ ^
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

yamaneko

. . . let's just say I'll be 16 by Fanime 2010 ;_; *sob sob cry*

And, really random, but my cousins are trying to get me to cosplay Allen from the latest manga chapters. . . xDD; It'd be an easy closet cosplay, but. . . I'd need a new wig xD; They said they wanna go to Fanime next year as little Kanda and Lavi (from the recent chapters), but they can't go unless I go with them ^^;; And thus brought about the idea. . . oye.
Stephie Z.

ToshiX

hey thats cool
you can have the whole gang there ^ ^

right now I'm just worrying about AX so after that I'm going to start my Omega
gonna be hot with the cloak on @_@and carrying that big sword is all that is worth it lol
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

yamaneko

Lol, yeah, that was the main idea xD They read the chapters and were automatically like, "OMG WE HAVE TO DO THAT!!!" ^^; Because you don't really get chances to cosplay like that when you're only 8-9 years old. . . ^^; They're getting tired of being chibis, lol xD

You can be like that one Sanosuke with the giant Zanbatou xD; At least you'll be easy to find, then, lol

And, another really random comment, but I'm surprised there hasn't been anymore doubling-up in our attendees list o.o
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Yuu: XD it's a trippy experince ain't it? You'll be sitting down.. then you pass out and wake up and wonder "wow how long has it been" just to find it's only been a minute or two.

Yamaneko: Aww that's so cute! I hope they do that, I know if I was younger and been more into manga I'd have loved to done chibi cosplays like that.

yamaneko

Lol, I'm kinda obligated to, since I was the one who got them into D.Gray-man in the first place xD; Of course, they went and found other animes and mangas by themselves, but I got them started xD They've done lots of chibis, like Deidara and Tobi from Naruto, and Yamamoto and Gokudera from Kateikyoushi Hitman REBORN! xDD I'm so proud of them, lol
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Awww Reborn! X3 I'd have loved to see that.. the Naruto ones were probably cute to but since it's my least favorite SJ series I don't mind not seeing.

My little sister sadly won't get into manga. I've been trying to (for one I think she'd make a really good Bianchi from Reborn! ) but so far she hasn't displayed any interest in reading my manga. We used to watch alot of anime together when we were younger to XD

yamaneko

Man. I wish I could get more people into cosplaying D: I mean, I have a (big) group of friends that all love anime, and I even come to the convention with a small group of them ( everyone else's parents aren't okay with it; they don't like the idea of a bunch of 14-year-olds running around by themselves D: ) They all love anime, but cosplay. . . not so much. Dx Thus, all my cosplay friends end up being older people who I don't really see normally the rest of the year.
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

Awwwww :3 Well.. most of my friends in general tend to be younger.... but most of my cosplaying friends are about my age or older it seems.

Next year I'm going to try and at least all my roommates to cosplay RO with me though.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 28, 2008, 09:28:38 PM
Man. I wish I could get more people into cosplaying D: I mean, I have a (big) group of friends that all love anime, and I even come to the convention with a small group of them ( everyone else's parents aren't okay with it; they don't like the idea of a bunch of 14-year-olds running around by themselves D: ) They all love anime, but cosplay. . . not so much. Dx Thus, all my cosplay friends end up being older people who I don't really see normally the rest of the year.

I know A LOT of people who cosplay. There's just one tiny little problem; I cant stand to be around the majority of them. >>

My friend and I think that it's a problem to find friends at conventions because they are either very young and drag all their teenage baggage a long with them, ( that's how it is at Sakuracon, no one can just forget their hang-up and have fun, noo, the convention is where they bring all of their baggage and  open it up to share like  some sort of crazy drama-pot luck! >_< )
or that they have no drama, also no time or money to attend.  It's difficult to find a happy medium.

Fanime was really awesome though. I met people of all ages and no one was dramatic/neurotic/psychotic ex.
Everyone was pretty damned cool.

yamaneko

@ Hiro: Sorry, I'm kinda blanking right now. . . remind me again what RO is? ^^;;

@ Yuu: Yeah, although, it's kinda weird to be mistaken for someone older D: I swear, when some of my cospeeps found out exactly how old I was, they kinda had 'O___O!!!' moments ^^;; They thought I was older; just really short D: I'm not short!!! I'm FUN size. xD . . . okay, I am short. Compared to other people. TT^TT
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

There's nothing wrong with being short D: !

RO = Ragnarok Online.

Ohhh Sakura-con! I might go this upcoming year... we shall see though. First off after AX is AE though.

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on June 28, 2008, 09:54:05 PM
@ Hiro: Sorry, I'm kinda blanking right now. . . remind me again what RO is? ^^;;

@ Yuu: Yeah, although, it's kinda weird to be mistaken for someone older D: I swear, when some of my cospeeps found out exactly how old I was, they kinda had 'O___O!!!' moments ^^;; They thought I was older; just really short D: I'm not short!!! I'm FUN size. xD . . . okay, I am short. Compared to other people. TT^TT

Hmm..well I never thought you were very old myself.

*Sigh* People always think I'm older too. Which is LAME because I'm 24. One guys guessed 28 and you know he must have actually thought I was 30 or so because guys always say younger than they think for fear of being beaten up.

I'll probably make a terrible Kanda looking as old as I do.

Of coarse, my friend already says I'll make a bad Kanda because I have a bad habit of insta-killing any plant within 50 ft of me. ;_;

Charis

It cracks me up to realise that I look younger in most of my cosplays.  Of course, I'm usually losing the glasses and putting on a wig, and since that covers the grey hair up (I started going grey pretty young), that probably helps.  :3  *older than Yuu*

I'm in full-on flail mode getting ready for AX (the only reason I'm not sewing yet is I slept about five hours last night, and I've been doing four to five for the last two weeks, so I have to finish waking up first T_T ).  Trying to finish a Juuni Kokki cosplay, but after AX, it's the details for that and finishing up my Miranda cos, because it's half-done and will be LOTS faster than trying to get Komui done for Kumoricon.  Too many cosplays, way too little time and space, do want more of both.  T_T

I think I'm a freak for expecting to actually sleep at cons, but at least for Fanime, I had the excuse of being the driver.  You want your drivers to sleep, unless you like dying.  :D  I didn't get more than about five hours the night before Fanime, though, and so I had to make up at con.  (It was very odd staying up until ... what was it, almost two? ... on the last night of con.  I'd never done that before, somehow.)

The thing I'm looking to least with finishing Miranda is the mass of buttons up the back.  If I were smart, I'd just put a zipper in, but nooooooo, must be accurate.  Dear neuroses, plz stop.  If I melt at AX, it will be your fault.

(I'm pretty sure I'll be doing midday costume changes next year, given the amount of stuff I've got planned.  Flail, flail, panic, flail.)

*spam, spam, spam*
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

yamaneko

@ Hiro: . . . oh my god. I feel reeeeaaaally dumb now. xD I should've known that!! TT^TT

@ Yuu: Yeah, but it's kinda different when you're my age. o.o I mean, I'm always being told I'm still pretty baby-faced, so I thought that should've given it away right off the bat. . . but I guess people thought a lot of asian girls are baby-faced. . . ? o_O I dunno, lol xD

Go, Charis, go!! xD Lol, I myself have never noticed the back of Miranda's uniform ( one, because I never intend to cosplay her, being waaaaay too short, and two, because she's not really a very attention-grabbing character ^^; ) But kudos to you for noticing, lol xD
Stephie Z.