D.Gray-man Gathering 2009~!!

Started by yamaneko, June 07, 2008, 11:12:44 AM

Hirotona

Eh well cons are the rare chance I get to see alot of my friends (since I have some from all over the country and out of country) and getting a room by myself is not so fun and not worth it cost wise. I could always go home but that kills a lot of the fun of the con to and would limit my cosplay a great deal as well.

Besides the Fairmont has fridges so everything should be a okay.

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on August 04, 2008, 12:57:38 AM
Eh well cons are the rare chance I get to see alot of my friends (since I have some from all over the country and out of country) and getting a room by myself is not so fun and not worth it cost wise. I could always go home but that kills a lot of the fun of the con to and would limit my cosplay a great deal as well.

Besides the Fairmont has fridges so everything should be a okay.

Ehe..well most people at cons are my friends UNTIL I have to share a room with them.

I swear NO ONE here can leave their damned drama at home.
That's the first thing I tell them " I will have NO drama in my room/apartment."   Can they obey this for even five minutes? Oh god no. >_<

I'm better off just getting my own room and hanging out with them on my own terms. That way they're still my friends at the end of the con.

I know what you mean. I live within walking distance of the main convention here, but I still insist on staying at the hotel. It's not the same at all otherwise.

yamaneko

I'M CONFUSED. @_____@

That's all I have to say. xD; Lost you guys there while I went to Shakespeare in the Park >_>
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on August 04, 2008, 01:22:58 PM
I'M CONFUSED. @_____@

That's all I have to say. xD; Lost you guys there while I went to Shakespeare in the Park >_>

I shall summarize..

Candy/sugar/junk food = bad

annoying rommies =bad

con drama= bad

Sharing hotel room with annoying and dramatic roomies who eat nothing but candy and junk food = want to cause physical injury to self

I've never seen Shakespeare in the park. I've done a lot of stage work for Shakespeare plays but never any in the park.

ToshiX

what? huh?
Shakespeare in the park??
Now I'm confused
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Hirotona

D: if it was close enough by you should have tried inviting me to see if could have gone with x3;;

Ehh the problem was in the end only one person I knew ended up going and she invited alot of her friends from the area to stay... and it just wasn't a comfy atmosphere > . <;; As far as con drama goes I'm not quite clear of that myself... but it's generally kept to a bare minimum and it has nothing to do with any of my roommates or guests I'm inviting next year and it's nothing I'd mention to them/drag them into.

Me and my friend Janet will make sure the food is well stocked with healthy food in anycase. Hard to go wrong with a fellow Whole Food's/Trader Joe's shopper.

yamaneko

Quote from: Hirotona on August 04, 2008, 02:48:24 PM
D: if it was close enough by you should have tried inviting me to see if could have gone with x3;;

It was kinda short-notice xD; My friend just called, said she was bored, and asked if I wanted to go see Pericles with her and her little sis, so I just tagged along cuz I had nothing else to do xD;
Stephie Z.

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on August 04, 2008, 02:48:24 PM

Ehh the problem was in the end only one person I knew ended up going and she invited alot of her friends from the area to stay... and it just wasn't a comfy atmosphere > . <;; As far as con drama goes I'm not quite clear of that myself... but it's generally kept to a bare minimum and it has nothing to do with any of my roommates or guests I'm inviting next year and it's nothing I'd mention to them/drag them into.

Me and my friend Janet will make sure the food is well stocked with healthy food in anycase. Hard to go wrong with a fellow Whole Food's/Trader Joe's shopper.

I have NO dramA what so ever and I will HAVE none. People always try to drag me into it, but then I jsut pretend they don't exist.

I'm not exactly a fan of the Whole Foods ..'mentality' itself ( yuppies piss me off) but they have some decent stuff. ( I really like the fresh crepes) I really love Trader Joes though.

Charis

Whole Foods is overpriced, IMO -- which doesn't matter, as we don't have one in town.  XD  (We have a similar sort of independent grocery, though, which is also on the pricy front.  They do have some awesome stuff, though, that I usually try to pick up when it's on sale.)

Trader Joe's owns my soul.  Seriously, especially in this past year as my housemates render the kitchen unusable 98% of the time (which drives me insane, but that's another matter).  Their prices are also very reasonable for most things, which is nice.

Hmm.  I should really go grocery shopping.  But urgh, that requires dragging myself back out of the house ...  (But it'd be quieter.  Stupid neighbour's kids, I know you're having fun, but I wish you'd be quieter in the evenings -- even if it's probably karmic revenge for when I was a kid.  Blaaaaaaargh.  Right, grocery shopping, and then back to whaling on the grommets for my corset, and maybe a first coat of paint on the clock key.  I really don't want to deal with sewing today.  *flops*)

Con drama ... there's always something, whether you want it or not, because that's what happens when you get lots of people not sleeping enough in a small space.  It's just a matter of dealing with it.  Thankfully, I've only shared room space at a con with what essentially amounts to family, and I think there's more tolerance there sometimes.  I'd hate to room with random people!
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Hirotona

Well.. running price comparsions on what I bought at Whole Foods for the con and if I bought the same at TJ's... I'd have saved very little. The thing about Whole Foods isn't so much the basics are more pricey as it has funky speciality foods (such as the nine dollar candy bar) that just makes everything seem far more pricey. I'm probably wrong though and just used to shopping at small/independent type stores (not whole foods... that's certainly not a small store).

LOL and speaking of noisy kids our neighboors have the loudest children > >;; They have to run up the staircase like a pack of elephants and.. ughh .__.;; Just really obnoxious and loud kids.

Yuu

Drama- I am good at avoiding. It may sound cold, or down right evil but friendship is not worth drama.
  If you want to be dramatic I don't want you. Get out and stay out.

Food- I've only been on my own for a few months so I really watch how much I spend. I can say without a doubt, that TJ is cheaper in MOST things. Like their pastas and frozen foods.  Meat is an entirely different story.

Whole Foods is actually is better for meat because yuppies are deathly afraid of germs and the second the clock hits midnight on the 'due date' they can't sell it. So it goes on sale.

It hardly matters though. I pretty much eat nothing but Japanese noodles ( Rice, wheat, ramen, cha-soba, ..pink-soba yakisoba.  It's all good) and meat and my apartment is directly above Uwajimaya ( and ramen shop ^^) Noodles and pork are CHEAP. So I only need to go elsewhere for specialty items.

Charis

Meat's pricy for the better cuts (or the leaner ones, a lot of the time) no matter where you look, unless you're either buying bulk or last-minute.  I don't eat pork (not because I was raised keeping kosher, but because I never had it growing up and thus it's too rich for me), and I'm supposed to cut back on animal fats, which knocks out beef.  T_T  That means fish and chicken, mostly, and once it cools down, tofu (because I don't really like it outside of soups), and some dairy as far as protein goes.

Most chain grocery stores do the same sort of thing with putting meat on sale when the sell-by dates approach.  That and the normal sales are the best way to buy that stuff.

I really like cooking, honestly -- I'm looking forward to the end of September, because then I move and can dictate how messy or clean the kitchen in my new place will be.  AND HAVE SEWING SPACE.  I DEMAND IT.  Especially because, after Kcon, I will have entirely too many cosplay projects to get cracking on for next year.  (See, this is me cleverly trying to be on topic!)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Yuu

Ah wel lthe stuff here is not 'the better cuts'. That's why it's mainly used for chopping up with noodles and sauce, which is all I want it for.

Oh gaaaawd you have no idea how nice it is to have my own place! I Love Krispy dearly but oh dear god! Such a mess I have never  before witnessed!

After living in that, I have VERY little furniture and am just fine with that. Besides, it keeps my sister away "There's no where to siiiiiiiit"  Can't sit on the floor nooo.

Yuu

Yep, I'm double posting,  I'm sooo bad. XP

Did anyone see the most recent episode? Mainly the Omake where Kanda called Lavi a 'retarded rabbit?"

The retard I totally understand, but 'rabbit'? Does anyone get that?

AIt brought back fond Fanime memories.

Neko, I don't remember if you were there or still in the game room, but when I went outside to find players I found a Lavi.

I yelled 'Hey! Retard boy!" and got his attention.
I don't know which is worse, the fact that I said it so loud, or that even though I could have been taking to anyone in that crowd, Lavi responded.

Wouldn't play though. >_<

Hirotona

Haha xD;;

I haven't watched it since after episode three when they flipped the order of events a bit.... and that didn't sit very well with me. I'll just stick happily to my D.Gray manga (V10 comes out soon!) I need 7-9 still as well though.

And belated response but that's okay Yame x3;; We'll get to hang out soon with any luck anyway, my brother isn't coming home till December so that won't put the usual halt to my internet socializing till then.

Yuu

Quote from: Hirotona on August 05, 2008, 04:33:48 PM
Haha xD;;

I haven't watched it since after episode three when they flipped the order of events a bit.... and that didn't sit very well with me. I'll just stick happily to my D.Gray manga (V10 comes out soon!) I need 7-9 still as well though.

And belated response but that's okay Yame x3;; We'll get to hang out soon with any luck anyway, my brother isn't coming home till December so that won't put the usual halt to my internet socializing till then.

Did they? ( screw up the order I mean?)

I kind of stopped watching it after episode 30 or so. It was manly filler with people I don't like.

Then I started watching it again..and then..unn stopped after..episode 79..ish ^^ 

It isn't  that I only watch the show because I like Kanda, ( but I can count the others that I like on one hand)  It's because after Kandas epic battle was ..Krowlies ( or whatever the hell retard #2's name is)  And I really couldn't care less.

Honestly, ANYONE but retard #2 ( or maybe 'Girl's name')

It got epic again though, with Anti-Lavi and the Tyki-monster.

Right now Allen just brought back all the 'lost' people. 'Lost" Chya, don't get much more DEAD than that. XD

yamaneko

I think he's just called rabbit because he's so hyper? ^^;; And, no, I didn't go with the "recruit" team to try and find players; I stayed inside with Captain Mom xD;

I actually thought the recent two episodes were pretty funny xDD
Stephie Z.

Hirotona

They shuffled the graveyard fight in v1 to after they introduced Kanda and did that whole mini arc.

D: volunteering sounds too time consuming, espically if you plan on doing lots of cosplay.

Unrelated but I gotta get these sometime * U*:

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/gsc/2008/gsc0811-01.html

http://www.goodsmile.info/products/gsc/2008/gsc0811-02.html

http://ameblo.jp/gsc-mikatan/entry-10115240623.html

I adore Nendoriod dolls * *;; Espically when they are happen to be of Majin Tantai Nogami Neuro and Sayanora Zetsoubei Sensei.

Aya_love

Can u change me from first uniform to the crown clown one :D (the one with the claws)

Yuu

Quote from: yamaneko on August 05, 2008, 08:44:06 PM
I think he's just called rabbit because he's so hyper? ^^;; And, no, I didn't go with the "recruit" team to try and find players; I stayed inside with Captain Mom xD;

I actually thought the recent two episodes were pretty funny xDD

That's right. I thought so. I actually ran into a Kanda before Lavi but I didn't also them because well, I'm kind of a bitch and was mad that I didn't have my Kanda costume and even I if I did she was way prettier than me.

Funny? Are we remembering the same two episodes??