alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

WrentheFaceless

@Yuu: Since when did I mention any Yuri?  And I didnt shove anything in anyones face.  I dont even talk about Yuri it annoys me almost as much as Yaoi.

Go back to your cave troll! *gets pitchfork*

Yuu

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on April 06, 2009, 07:31:24 PM
@Yuu: Since when did I mention any Yuri?  And I didnt shove anything in anyones face.  I dont even talk about Yuri it annoys me almost as much as Yaoi.

Go back to your cave troll! *gets pitchfork*

Ill give you that.  You didnt say anything. 95% of all other otaku do so I suppose it gives the rest of you a bad name. Just like those obnoxious squally fangirls give yaoi a bad name.

and I laugh at your pitchfork. Dont you know Im immortal? >D
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

MidnightRosebud

I'm with Yukari on Gin & Matsumoto. I'm not entirely sure about romantic pairings in Bleach (I can't see too, too many), however, there's just something about the pair that is hinted at all the time. And it has my curiousity going like crazy. XD

Hrrmmmm....Yaoi and/or Yuri. Nothing against it for those who like it, but for me? Eh....

@ BumbleB

I'm sure they'll say yes, most do. ^_______^

@ Wren

You see that pitchfork over there? :D
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

waffle-lover26

Hmm... -steals pitchfork and uses to roast marshmallows-
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

WrentheFaceless

@midnight: Hey at least i asked =/

BumbleB

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on April 06, 2009, 08:32:53 PM
Hrrmmmm....Yaoi and/or Yuri. Nothing against it for those who like it, but for me? Eh....

I agree Yaoi/Yuri isn't really my cup of tea :P.(lol that was corny, I sounded like my English teacher)
The only *correction* SHONEN AI I actually semi-liked was Matt/Mello from Death Note and only because one of my guy-friends looked like Mello so we went to a con as Matt and Mello, but we DID NOT do fanservice. We treated Matt/Mello as friendly relationship, so thats the way I look at that couple: friends and friends only.

BTW about the glomping, this friend isn't the type to glomp UNLIKE MY OTHER CRAZY OTAKU FRIEND WHO STALKED AND ATTACKED A DEATH THE KID WITH HER FANGIRLNESS!!! >:( *ranting over*
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach

Yuu

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on April 06, 2009, 08:32:53 PM
I'm with Yukari on Gin & Matsumoto. I'm not entirely sure about romantic pairings in Bleach (I can't see too, too many), however, there's just something about the pair that is hinted at all the time. And it has my curiousity going like crazy. XD

@ BumbleB

I'm sure they'll say yes, most do. ^_______^

Yea, even my atni-fangirly self will not deny someone who asks ( unless its someone I dont like of )

Ya know I really only like yaoi. I dont know why its suck a big deal- oh right. Those damned annoying squeally fangirls. >_<

I dont intend to open a can of worms but I cant believe the amount of crap i get becuase I dont like yuri. Its this F-ed up stigma that any guy who can so much as tolerate yaoi is 'gay' but ALL woman like Yuri and if they dont their intolerant.

Its quite confusing cuz well..why WOULD I? I dont like girls.

iKuraudo

Augh, my Gin costume fell through.
Apparently, my costume is not going to arrive in time. =/

So, I am going back to Uruhara - (Shop Ver.)

WrentheFaceless

@Yuu: Really? I thought the rule was that all women are supposed to like Yaoi and if you dont you get harrased. 

I'm more of "does this couple make sense" kinda person or official couplings, cause couplings are not really usually important to the story. 

Maybe its cause I'm a guy. *shrug*

But yea those girls that run around screaming trying to make people pose in Yaoi-ish poses and with those yaoi paddles haven't put Yaoi fangirls in a good light haha.

@Ikurado: sorry to hear that

But on a less anime note, the Rennaisance Faire is this weekend, huzzah!

ToshiX

More nonsense @_@ lol

and with like a month and a half to go we should plan out more fun activities and try to fill up the chess board
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

MidnightRosebud

@ ToshiX

Of course there's nonsense. Life wouldn't be fun otherwise.

@ Wren

This is true.....

And I'm slowly discovering, that a majority of guys actually aren't into Yuri. At least, one's I've met and have asked. O_O

Yeeaah~ Yaoi. No. Shounen-ai can be cute when done the right way. But I agree with you, it's more "does this pairing make sense" more than anything. I'm a firm believer in "love knows no boundaries," but sometimes fans take that to the point of extremity...

@ BumbleB

Ahhh...ummm...O_o;; Dare I ask??
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

trupnoi

i personally say we get cracking on that captain's dinner lol... sipping tea (sake in disguise for some of us eh Kyoraku-san) in the park would be nice as well.

sael

And we're back to the yaoi/yuri/etc debate...

To be honest, I'm more of a shonen-ai fan. But whatever, I'm open to pretty much any type of pairing as long as there's a decent reason for it. Therefore, GinMatsu is a yes, NoiNel is a possibility, but TouMomo is a no as they're more like friends/siblings. In addition, anything with Rukia or Orihime isn't something that really appeals to me for various reasons - mainly because the guys around them are either indebted to them or feel that they need to protect them because they're girls.

Sigh~ now to explain why to choose yaoi pairings in the same way. Unfortunately, I only have two which I favor... (open to others if given reason to)
GinIzuru: It's pretty obvious that Izuru's dedicated to Gin in a manner that is almost obsessive. In addition, there's the way that he reacts to people when they mention/threaten/whatever his captain. Although there isn't any biographical backing to it (as with GinMatsu), the interaction is, what I think, fuels the fans/fandom.
ByaRenji: I blame Yukari and Raenef. My like for this pairing is due to a little joke that they have. So, really no explanation for this aside from the fact that it amuses me.

To be honest, I think that most non-cannon pairings run on the GinIzuru reason. Some of the fandoms, however, I really can't understand - and some I don't want to understand.

And as for the rabid yaoi fangirls... Their harassment of people sickens me. It's one thing to ask politely, it's another thing to persist even when people say no. In my mind, if a cosplayer wants to do a "yaoi" photo, they won't be reluctant when asked. And don't get me started on the paddles...

BumbleB

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on April 07, 2009, 11:21:24 AM
@ BumbleB
Ahhh...ummm...O_o;; Dare I ask??

Yeahhhh... My friend glomped or should I say attacked a Death the Kid cosplayer at Sac Anime 2009. (I gave him a semi-hug/glomp) She also stalked him around the whole con. 0_0 (even outside the bathroom)0_o She wouldn't stop squealing until I slaped her and told her to stop or go sit the the corner. >:(

Unrelated: My Gaara plushie won't stop staring at me...it's kinda freaky... 0_0
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach

Yuu

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on April 07, 2009, 08:27:02 AM
@Yuu: Really? I thought the rule was that all women are supposed to like Yaoi and if you dont you get harrased. 

I'm more of "does this couple make sense" kinda person or official couplings, cause couplings are not really usually important to the story. 

Maybe its cause I'm a guy. *shrug*

But yea those girls that run around screaming trying to make people pose in Yaoi-ish poses and with those yaoi paddles haven't put Yaoi fangirls in a good light haha.

But on a less anime note, the Rennaisance Faire is this weekend, huzzah!

Actuall yoru rigght. Women are supposed to like both Yaoi and Yuri. and  I detest 'those girls'. The most ironic thing of ofcoarse is that the majority of them are minors and shouldnt even be looking at that stuff.

Yah, the practicality of a pairings is an important factor. I mean, there are some that I like canon or not, but I wont even try to justifye it. I have a REALLY obnoxious friend who INSISTS that yes, Byaku/Ren IS a canono pairning.  I want some of what shes smoking.
This weekend is Sakuracon.

Which reminds me..I was playing the bleach game for the Wii. My friend was unhappy that I was destroying him and decded that he needed to 'kill me in thE face" in RL. Now my lip is cut up and kinda swolen. TWO DAYS before the freakin con. >_<

Fruther more, I even owned MYSELF with that game. Second rund I picked Ulqquiorra and he picked..Hinamori. 
Me: Hinnamoir!? Dood she sucks so hard eew..just..god.. I hate her.
Him: Uh..why?
Me: Shes so Moe and  pathetic..cant even think for herself. You know damned well if Aizen told her to jump of a bridge......just play the damned game >_<

..Still can stand Hinamori. I think they make her even more pathetic in the game.

Quote from: chaosbark on April 07, 2009, 03:30:35 PMTo be honest, I think that most non-cannon pairings run on the GinIzuru reason. Some of the fandoms, however, I really can't understand - and some I don't want to understand.

And as for the rabid yaoi fangirls... Their harassment of people sickens me. It's one thing to ask politely, it's another thing to persist even when people say no. In my mind, if a cosplayer wants to do a "yaoi" photo, they won't be reluctant when asked. And don't get me started on the paddles...

Yea there are some pairings that really make me want to gouge my eyes out.

In HS I knew a girl who did EVERYTHING for shock value she talked about how much she loved hardcore yaoi EVEYWHERE she went and tried to get people to read it.

I fially gotfed up and..kind of ( Okay really)..bitch slapped her. Honestly, Id do it again.

waffle-lover26

Some yaoi pairings are just weird... same with yuri. Unless its supposed to be crack than just... no
GinIzu and ByaRen =)

Yuu

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on April 07, 2009, 07:14:22 PM
Some yaoi pairings are just weird... same with yuri. Unless its supposed to be crack than just... no
GinIzu and ByaRen =)

I dunno..there are soem things that just should not exist. Even for the purpose pf crack

waffle-lover26

I just got the most awesome fanfic idea. What if a bunch of bleach obsessed cosplayers were sent into the real bleach world and met the people they cosplay as? Personally I think Wren and Drunk-Pervert-Man would get along rather well =P

Yuu

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on April 07, 2009, 09:45:05 PM
I just got the most awesome fanfic idea. What if a bunch of bleach obsessed cosplayers were sent into the real bleach world and met the people they cosplay as? Personally I think Wren and Drunk-Pervert-Man would get along rather well =P

This is the greatest horrible idea ever.  We could Ichigo and all of his 'tards togetehr and then give them an icecream party nuke them!

Unfortunate..I cosplay as both Byakuya and Renji soo..not quite sure how thatd go.

Lordsnow

>
Quote from: MidnightRosebud on April 07, 2009, 11:21:24 AM

This is true.....

And I'm slowly discovering, that a majority of guys actually aren't into Yuri. At least, one's I've met and have asked. O_O

I don't know your guys... but every guy I know loves it (me included).
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away