alright :/
10 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (1.1%)
didn't go
49 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 88

waffle-lover26

Rain? Saturday? Can we switch that to tomorrow? I really don't wanna do lap derby. The heat in my area is annoying, the library is so cramped because its air conditioned.

On another topic, it looks like I'll be carpooling with yet another friend, but only on friday. I have a brown belt test May 22 7:30 to 10:30 and one of my classmates is also going to fanime @-@ This complicates things.

Yet another topic: I get to be a captain for one of the teams in our schools version of Quidditch! Go Slytherin!
I used to keep an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.
If you don't like my driving, than get off the sidewalk.

*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

BumbleB

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on April 20, 2009, 08:16:39 PM
Yet another topic: I get to be a captain for one of the teams in our schools version of Quidditch! Go Slytherin!
LOL...geeks. No I'm just kidding. Today I ran around in piggy tails chasing my friend saying "I love you KIRA I mean LIGHT!"  (seriously he looks just like Light) Now he's not talking to me.  ::)
Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach

Lordsnow

Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

BumbleB

Quote from: Lordsnow on April 20, 2009, 10:12:29 PM
I meant 100+ in number!!
We are going to beat the Naruto gather for sure!! ;D
Yes I can go to Fanime!

waffle-lover26

Yes, our class is full of geeks (I'm the biggest one) when me and the other captains got to choose which houses to represent I was the only one who knew their house colors. ^^; Eevee told me about this kid she knows who apparently looks exactly like aizen @_@

And this bleach gathering will be 100 times more epic than the naruto gathering~!

WrentheFaceless

Yuu

Damn, thats pretty geeky.

I try to hide my nerdiness. Comparitivley I really am not much and I do not want the other IN CREDIBLY imature geeks hanging around me.

I was caught the other day though. Sensei asked us to write our faveorite kanji on the board.

I wrote " Kuchi" ( not 'mouth'  'to rot")

Sensei yelled at me " No! That is old Kanji! No one uses it anymore it only means bad things
( ie rot in hell, die in obscurity, fade away  ect )  Im not suprised you know it"

Even the biggest know it all in class had never heard it so she looked it up.
"Oh here it is! The example is " kuchiki" (rotted tree)"

Me; O_O Oh crap..

and all the otaku laughed because they understood where I got it and yes, I denied it up and down.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

sael

Nice pictures, Wren! Thanks for putting them up ^___^

billgoku

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on April 21, 2009, 07:19:44 AM
Got my Cherry Blossom Festival pictures up if anyone wanted to take a look

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v661/WrentheFaceless/San%20Francisco%20Cherry%20Blossom%20Festival%2009/

Good stuff man, I was only up there for a few hours, though I enjoyed it. Should of brought my Ichigo cosplay, but I figured since it was so hot that day...may not of been a good idea. lol

Anyways, yeah, this gathering will be full of epic goodness, can't wait, just another 30 days till everything begins going down.
Fanime 10 2 weeks away...
Member of Bleach Gathering 2009
Cosplays plans in 10: Ichigo , few possibles...
: Onizuka (GTO) (Yes, this year I will do him no matter what.)

BumbleB

Quote from: Yuu on April 21, 2009, 08:55:24 AM

Damn, thats pretty geeky.

I try to hide my nerdiness. Comparitivley I really am not much and I do not want the other IN CREDIBLY imature geeks hanging around me.

I was caught the other day though. Sensei asked us to write our faveorite kanji on the board.

I wrote " Kuchi" ( not 'mouth'  'to rot")

Sensei yelled at me " No! That is old Kanji! No one uses it anymore it only means bad things
( ie rot in hell, die in obscurity, fade away  ect )  Im not suprised you know it"

Even the biggest know it all in class had never heard it so she looked it up.
"Oh here it is! The example is " kuchiki" (rotted tree)"

Me; O_O Oh crap..

and all the otaku laughed because they understood where I got it and yes, I denied it up and down.
LOLOLOLOL oh yeah your going as a fellow Kuchiki! XD Such a noble family with a terrible name 0_0 There's only ,like, 10 otaku at my school. Not counting the ones that cosplay, probably 15. My mom is teaching me Pinyin and Hanyu @ home.  :P It's pretty interesting though.

Yes I can go to Fanime!

MidnightRosebud

I feel everyone's pain. I was in Davis for "Picnic Day" so I got the heat there. Then went to the Cherry Blossom Festival in San Fran only to be scorched by heat there too!! -GAH!!!- Heat and I do not mix well. I'm right there with you Charis.  :-\

I empathize with everyone and anyone who stood in that parade on Sunday. I skipped walking in the parade for shade instead, and I still fried....my shoulders and back look like I slept on a heated waffle-iron. Yay weird cosplay sunburns! :P

San Jose is usually cooler than where I am, by about five to ten degrees. So, what? High-Eighties or something? Sound about right to everyone? I know last year was beautiful with cool weather, a breeze, and clouds!! 8D Absolutely gorgeous!~

Hope everyone's rockin' their cosplays. We are officially down to THIRTY DAYS UNTL FANIME!!!~ XD

Japantown Parade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGLr471bS3k
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

trupnoi

I am so not looking forward to driving 16 long hours back to cali in the heat... with all my luggage and stuff... but can't wait for fanime... *starts flailing cause of unfinished costumes*

sael

Picnic Day as awesome despite the heat ;) I had to skip out on half of it, though... Had to meet a potential housemate and then yell at my mom for being like "So do you like anime? Do you go to the convention in San Jose? Do you make cos-" Thanks mom for possibly scaring him off >.< I've noticed that there are 4 types of people:

Those who obsess over anime.
Those who like anime.
Those who don't really care.
Those who think that anyone who watches anime is a dork/geek/nerd.

Thank goodness he admitted to watching stuff on Adult Swim.

waffle-lover26

Really off topic but here are my thoughts on this weeks anime episode 216
1) Omaeda got some serious screentime, though it was all evidence that he really is an idiot
2) Coolhornes voice actor is perfect, he sounds exactly like coolhorn should
3) I really agree with Yumichika's opinions on Coolhorne, but it was too funny to shut my eyes.
4) Poor Izuru has to fight his opposite in personality.

All in all it was an episode filled with comic relief.

Yukari Kaiba

wait has Findor showed up in the anime yet? 83 I'm lazy and really only keeping up with the manga so I haven't really watched anything in a long time XD;;
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

trupnoi

they showed Findor... for a good minute... can wait to see Kira decapitate that bird soon

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: trupnoi on April 21, 2009, 09:48:18 PM
they showed Findor... for a good minute... can wait to see Kira decapitate that bird soon

omg seriously?
<333
what color is his hair? *doing Findor for AX*
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

trupnoi

Blonde...

the scabbard and wrap on the handle is pink

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: trupnoi on April 21, 2009, 10:12:01 PM
Blonde...

the scabbard and wrap on the handle is pink

*just watched the part with him in it*
omg I so called it, him having platinum blonde hair XD (the Zechs-like masq totally hinted at that). Love that he has a pink tsukimaki on his sword XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Lordsnow

i just want to see Komamura pwning.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away