So I have a question for people in San Jose

Started by DemonLordZabuza, June 23, 2008, 09:43:09 PM

DemonLordZabuza

My question is this, do any of you know of a place where they have kick boxing classes, and preferably a ring to practice in?

Now to be more specific, Im looking specifically for a place that does kick boxing, like a place that has karate or judo and what not.  Not like gold's gym or whatever

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

XpHoBiaX

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??

Ko-tan

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on June 23, 2008, 09:43:09 PM
My question is this, do any of you know of a place where they have kick boxing classes, and preferably a ring to practice in?

Now to be more specific, Im looking specifically for a place that does kick boxing, like a place that has karate or judo and what not.  Not like gold's gym or whatever

A couple of years ago,I took night karate classes through (i think) the YMCA or one of thoes flyer thingies you get in the mail.OR you could take loop-kicks!LOL just kidding!There  are some places over by pearl ave too

grant911

JTchinoy

i saw one in the sunnyvale area, i forget the exact location though. :( i saw it while looking for my bank branch in the area.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Tsubasa

I used to train under Cung Le a few years ago.  Although his gym has moved a bit since I've stopped going, it still exists.

Although I have a few minor reservations about Cung himself as a person, there is no doubt he's a top class competitive fighter who has won quite a bit.  I'd still recommend his training if anyone wants a well-rounded training course in Sanshou & grappling with an emphasis on competitive fighting.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Chun

Quote from: Tsubasa on June 24, 2008, 07:50:14 AM
I used to train under Cung Le a few years ago.  Although his gym has moved a bit since I've stopped going, it still exists.

Although I have a few minor reservations about Cung himself as a person, there is no doubt he's a top class competitive fighter who has won quite a bit.  I'd still recommend his training if anyone wants a well-rounded training course in Sanshou & grappling with an emphasis on competitive fighting.

I remember seeing that page. One of my friends from Singapore that came to De Anza for the Spring trains under Shamrock Gym, also in the bay area. MMA certainly is interesting.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Moogleborg

I currently go to an LA Boxing that is a few blocks near my home, other than the Cung Le facility that Tsubasa mentioned and AKA that grant911 also mentioned as far as I know there is also the Shamrock Fighting Academy that is right next to the Golfland right near Oakridge. Haven't been inside the place though, but one of my former tae kwon do instructors used to work at AKA. Dunno if he still does though.
Running on moé, 24/7/365.