The Dark Knight!

Started by Lactose, July 17, 2008, 12:02:50 AM

Lisu

Mister_E

Anyone who doesn't want to see this film is a terrorist, there I said it.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

gmontem

The movie ends with a display of the movie title, just like in Batman Begins.  There I spoiled the ending!!!
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Barnes

LOL, Batman 89 is on tv right now.  :D
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Mister_E

Quote from: Barnes on July 19, 2008, 11:34:00 PM
LOL, Batman 89 is on tv right now.  :D
That was my very first movie when I was 2 weeks old.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

SOawesomeness

Century 21's line was SO freaking long. o.0 It wrapped around the whole theater, almost. This was 9:45 on Friday night.

The movie was long, but it was awesome. :0000
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

rude32

This movie rawkd, especially in IMAX.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Jun-Watarase

Waited for hours, and it was worth it. Very very sexy...

But as great as it was, I don't see the appeal of watching it over any time soon.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

RyuHayabusa

it was an awesome movie. :3 I enjoyed it very much
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

LordKefka

I really liked it. I somehow got confused in the first part of it with all the mobs and what not. Anyways, The Joker was pretty well acted out, but I wish he was a bit more crazy as he sounded a little too sane in some of what he said. Was worth the $6.50.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: LordKefka on July 20, 2008, 08:41:20 PM
I really liked it. I somehow got confused in the first part of it with all the mobs and what not. Anyways, The Joker was pretty well acted out, but I wish he was a bit more crazy as he sounded a little too sane in some of what he said. Was worth the $6.50.

Really? I think his insanity was well acted. If more, it'd just be overdone and no longer as sophisticated as it was intended to be. The most maniacal are best played with the masquerade that they can function in a sane manner, with their insanity burning just below the surface.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Lactose

jesus, $6.50?
i wish i lived in cheapland. =(
Lactose = Liz

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Lactose on July 20, 2008, 09:08:39 PM

jesus, $6.50?
my guess is this was a early matinee price; havent seen it yet, but im going next weekend.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

gmontem

i feel so loved!

otakuapprentice

no, no, fucking hell no.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

LordKefka

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on July 20, 2008, 08:53:19 PM

Really? I think his insanity was well acted. If more, it'd just be overdone and no longer as sophisticated as it was intended to be. The most maniacal are best played with the masquerade that they can function in a sane manner, with their insanity burning just below the surface.

It seemed kinda really one side or the other at times. It's hard to explain... like... he would talk normally then he would go ballistic all over the place... then go into reason and talk normally again. I mean, I'm no psychologist but eh... maybe.. he's supposed to be like that or something? No clue. I don't remember the Joker in the first Batman movie being like this..-_-;

But if that's the case where his sane side is just used as his incognito, it makes it seem even more bizarre. I mean, to act that sane as an insane is just.... creepy..@_@;

ps. I love his laugh.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

LordKefka

Quote from: Lactose on July 20, 2008, 09:08:39 PM

jesus, $6.50?

Lol, I just got the day showing at the Grand Lake Theater. Two hours before I watched it there, I planned to watch the movie at the Metreon... until someone told me it was $8.50 or something. I just said screw it.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

gmontem

Quote from: LordKefka on July 20, 2008, 11:26:16 PMI don't remember the Joker in the first Batman movie being like this..-_-;
Same here. I don't remember the Joker being that crazy in the first Batman movie (1966).

i feel so loved!