American Cowboy Bebop Movie Announced

Started by ultramangaia, July 23, 2008, 06:37:51 PM

ultramangaia

iF Magazine reports that Twentieth Century Fox has acquired the rights to produce an original American live action Cowboy Bebop motion picture based on the popular 1998 anime television series. The project is currently in development by producer Erwin Stoff, managing agent for actor Keanu Reeves and producer on films including Constantine, The Matrix, A Scanner Darkly, and Street Kings.

What`s going to be next? It`s only a matter of time until we see a live action Naruto move.

SweetNiar

that would be great to see something like that of Cowboy Bebop....but i just hope they're going to be real careful on how they make it.  I worry when the American film industry gets a hold of a cartoon or video game and want to make a live action film out of it because some kind of sucked.  The past few years they have made some great movies based on cartoon/comics with great acting and story lines, but lets see how its good it might be when a trailer comes out.

Kazuko

well the US has a better sucess at Horror films and its pretty okay with action

It may do great

Barnes

I think it's time to blow this scene
Get everybody and their stuff together
Ok 3, 2, 1 let's jam!

I think thats how it goes.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Lisu

Quote from: ultramangaia on July 23, 2008, 06:37:51 PMWhat`s going to be next? It`s only a matter of time until we see a live action Naruto move.

And hopefully, they will study the cowboy bebop movie and mimic one of the fighting sequences.

TC X0 Lt 0X

It can be good, but it could also be really bad.

Still, giving what Cowboy Bebop is, it will probably be easier to pull off then lets say, the death Note movie.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Death_Note_Matt

What in  the Sweet name of Kami Dx They Ruined Speed Racer and now maybe might butcher AKIRA and now my beloved Cowboy Bebop Dxxxxxxx *Dies* If it was coming from Japan I wouldnt mind but America? Its going to be bad T^T If it isnt then Wow I am surperised O_O but time will tell ¬____¬;;;;.
Another Player has Entered the Game

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Death_Note_Matt on July 27, 2008, 06:51:55 PM
If it was coming from Japan I wouldnt mind but America?

I dont see why this would matter...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kazuko

What in  the Sweet name of Kami Dx They Ruined Speed Racer and now maybe might butcher AKIRA and now my beloved Cowboy Bebop Dxxxxxxx *Dies* If it was coming from Japan I wouldnt mind but America? Its going to be bad T^T If it isnt then Wow I am surperised O_O but time will tell ¬____¬;;;;.
how does this matter? So what if its a US adaptation! its going to be a bit better than a JP version to be honest, America spends a crapload of money on special effects and flim and well it just depends on who directs it how they vision it, sure the brothers did an okay thing with speed racer but its because they did the whole matrix epic trilogy that of course another movie could possibly not pull up to par like that imo.
At least give it a chance, so far no JP movie has yet impressed me

AKIRA im looking forward to because well have you seen live action deathnote or other japanese made live actions of anime like saikano? Its kinda crappy well cgi wise. TBH a US rendition of deathnote could be better because :U duhh the US does so much better in the horror genre and not to mention like I said CRAP LOAD OF MONEY, The Ring scared me more than ringu, Ringu was more like a Joke to me :U

:U weeaboo

TC X0 Lt 0X

Yeah, the Japanese Death Note Live Action was not that great at all.
The animations were horrible...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

gmontem

C'mon you guys. This is the Fanime f0rumz where everyone is suppposed to have that anything JP > * mentality.

Take a look at Shinobi.. the effects are fu<king awesome, and the character development makes Basilisk look like a cartoon.  If the Americans were to make an Americanized version of Shinobi, they are going to fu<k it up so bad, it won't resemble anything from Kouga Ninja Scrolls at all.  It'll probably star some dude named Joe Musashi who has to rescue tied-up ninja kids and gotta battle stupid shit like a giant samurai named Ken Oh.  :P
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: gmontem on July 28, 2008, 09:15:16 PM
C'mon you guys. This is the Fanime f0rumz where everyone is suppposed to have that anything JP > * mentality.

Take a look at Shinobi.. the effects are fu<king awesome, and the character development makes Basilisk look like a cartoon.  If the Americans were to make an Americanized version of Shinobi, they are going to fu<k it up so bad, it won't resemble anything from Kouga Ninja Scrolls at all.  It'll probably star some dude named Joe Musashi who has to rescue tied-up ninja kids and gotta battle stupid shit like a giant samurai named Ken Oh.  :P
LOLZ

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Cowboy Bebop + Live Action = possible win?

I'm looking forward to the Death Note US L.A. and Akira L.A. It'll be awesome!

AnimeEmperor

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

-sticks head in the sand-

TC X0 Lt 0X

Just something to keep in mind.

Even if the movie is terrible, it will not change how good the anime is.

So one might as well embrace the movie, and if its not good, whatever.

If it is good, then cool.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: Kazuko on July 28, 2008, 12:38:30 AM
how does this matter? So what if its a US adaptation! its going to be a bit better than a JP version to be honest, America spends a crapload of money on special effects and flim and well it just depends on who directs it how they vision it, sure the brothers did an okay thing with speed racer but its because they did the whole matrix epic trilogy that of course another movie could possibly not pull up to par like that imo.

AKIRA im looking forward to because well have you seen live action deathnote or other japanese made live actions of anime like saikano? Its kinda crappy well cgi wise. TBH a US rendition of deathnote could be better because :U duhh the US does so much better in the horror genre and not to mention like I said CRAP LOAD OF MONEY, The Ring scared me more than ringu, Ringu was more like a Joke to me :U

Thank you Kazuko, I can't quite agree with you more. Although, lest we forget.

Dead or Alive
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Jerry

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on July 31, 2008, 02:52:20 PM
Dead or Alive

*shudders*

pretty faces and boobies cant save your from a craptastic movie.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Jerry on July 31, 2008, 03:00:50 PM
Dead or Alive

*shudders*

Make a movie for a game that effectively has almost no story?
Sounds like a winner ¬_¬

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on July 31, 2008, 03:16:26 PM
Quote from: Jerry on July 31, 2008, 03:00:50 PM
Dead or Alive

*shudders*

Make a movie for a game that effectively has almost no story?
Sounds like a winner ¬_¬

I watched the whole movie and I want my 2 hours back.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Kazuko

Quote from: Kazuko on July 28, 2008, 12:38:30 AM

Thank you Kazuko, I can't quite agree with you more. Although, lest we forget.

Dead or Alive
HAHA I saw that movie :U I want my life back and my precious internet time