2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Nightroad

Speaking of running multiple tests IAm at a dead end on what to do next on my sweeper costume! TT_TT

But back to the cape issue, you could always just make one and wear it only if its cold and rainy.

Oh and if there is rain, its like Kimu said *shurgs* we'll just stay indoors. We had a little bit of that problem last year... I didn't (and still don't I misssed the wig sale at my local wig shop...Its weird enough we have a wig shop...) have a wig and thus spray on white (which iam striving NOT to do this year...) would have melted off... Kimu and them were very understanding and we hid indoors for awhile! ^^;;; So don't worry!!! We would do the same for you!!! ~_^
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

kimu

And with my Vatican Abel or the will-be-made Empire Abel--I wouldn't want either of those costumes getting soaked from rain. So I'll be happy to hide from it, too.

So, you are hoping to have a wig next year, Fellow Abel?? :D
That'll be fun!

I regret I have no advice to offer on what to do for your sweeper costume....but I hope you find a solution.
I'm looking forward to a 4 day break where I will have fun working on projects. yeah!

Nightroad

Thanks for encouragement Kimu!!!!! It means alot!

And yeah, Iam aiming for a wig next year... The spary on just didn't look good, so with any luck, I'll have a wig... I might need help getting it to stay on tho'.

Charis

Quote from: Nightroad on November 26, 2008, 08:54:24 AM
And yeah, Iam aiming for a wig next year... The spary on just didn't look good, so with any luck, I'll have a wig... I might need help getting it to stay on tho'.

Wig caps and hairpins -- lots and lots of both! :3  But I'm sure there'll be no shortage of willing help.

Like Kimu, I'm planning mad project work over the four-day weekend -- dye tests for my bias trim tonight, fabric washing at my folks' place tomorrow (and maybe dyeing if I'm lucky, whee), and then sewing like a loony.  All that white makes me think that those of us going as Sisters won't appreciate any rain much either -- too much of a potential for staining, especially those long hems!

But for now, it's all about tea and getting through the work day.  (I'll pass on the full thirteen sugars, though.)
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Nightroad

I wish I had time to work on costume stuff this weekend... but I reallly don't... With family stuff and my birthday *sigh* too hectic!

For all of you who DO have time GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Charis

Birthday?  Ooh, when's yours?
(Mine's this Saturday. :3)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Nightroad

Really? So is mine!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARIS!!!!!!!!!!

Charis

XDDDDD  HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, NIGHTROAD!
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

kimu

wow!
Happy Birthday to BOTH of you!
Awesome!!

As for the wig...no worries Fellow Abel, I can help you with a wig once you have it, too.
I've learned a lot of tricks over the last year.

And good luck on those projects Charis!!

Rei-Rei

Happy Early Birthday to you both! =D

Nightroad

Thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

And Kimu, ANY help with the wig would be awsome!!!

TT_TT Your all soooooo nice!!!!!!!!!!!

kimu

So it looks like some groups are beginning to pick their days and times for their gatherings.

If you get some times set for the big groups, then post a couple quick comments here so we can try to find the best day and time for hopefully everyone.

If the Masq is on Sunday, some of us are planning an entry, so we're going to be affected by that.

Because a number of us are in Bleach, we'll be watching for that. (Peeks at Yukari. ;P ) Bleach is currently looking at Sunday.

And I noticed Charis mention you've got D. Gray on Sunday at 10.

Monday would be a bad day for Trinity Blood costumes because of the complexity factor with anyone checking out of hotel rooms that morning.
Also, most of Friday would be bad for anyone arriving on that day and needing to check into hotels.

It's up to everyone here if we want to get something picked and stake out a spot, or play the waiting game.
:)

Charis

Regarding D.Gray -- it's a gathering I'm hoping to get to, but not one that I can't give up if scheduling conflicts force the issue.  (I mentioned it over on Bleach because I knew there were several of us, but if I'm the only one here, it's no big deal to skive off.  Trinity Blood >>>> D.Gray for certain this year!)

I know some of the folks here are doing Vampire Knight, and Bleach has already been mentioned -- any other gathering conflicts we need to watch out for?  Might be good to have when trying to plan ...

Is it easier to do Masquerade cosplay on the day you're doing the Masquerade, or do something relatively low-stress until Masquerade time?

(PS, Nightroad, I hope you had a wonderful birthday!)
2012 Plans:
  • others TBD

Rei-Rei

If the Masquerade is Sunday, and people do have to do skits then, I would say Saturday, it's more convenient that way for a number of reasons, which includes having the full day to walk around in the Trinity Blood Costumes and suffer...
And about Vampire Knight... Whoever was on here that was going to be in the Vampire Knight gathering.. I won't be there. =\
I decided to withdraw from making a costume since I think I will be helping out at maid cafe... (I hope to see you all there!)
but yeah, that's just my two cents.

Nightroad

I can tell you right now that my sister Kate and Esther-Chan will want to go to the D-gray man gathering.
Sat. works for me TB is on the top of my "Gatheringd to go to" list ao I'll give up stuff if I have to... ^^

kimu

Okay! We shall avoid Sunday at the moment, because:
It looks like Shonen Jump will be on Sunday at 3, and with D Gray in the morning, then maybe Bleach on Sunday, too....

Saturday is probably our better choice, although it was rumored there is a chance that the Masq might be on Saturday night again, instead of Sunday....
*head hurts*

Keep us posted if anything turns up for Saturday. So far I know of Shojo Beat at 1:30 that would include any of us doing things like Vampire Knight or any of the SB titles.

Not like we don't have some time to get this figured out...it's only December...
;)

Yukari Kaiba

yeah it would really help if we knew what day the Masquerade was going to be on >< until then I can't really solidify a time or day for Bleach (and I think I'd rather wear my Tres the same day as Masq if entry plans end up going through).
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

kimu

Oh, I sooo agree it would be very nice if we knew the plans for the Masq day so everyone could drop their gatherings into place.

Sunday still is already go gathering heavy though, I think we're going to be better off for our gathering on Saturday. But we'll see what happens.
*pushes glasses up on face*
;)

Nightroad

Quote from: kimu on December 03, 2008, 08:00:25 AM
*pushes glasses up on face*
;)

I hate it when the stupid glasses slip! TT_TT And mine are hopelessly crooked too...

But yes if it seems Sun is full it would be better to have it on Sat... *shurgs* I'll have to check out what time we're planning on having the crossplay gathering... (This time it will go through Kimu!!! >.<)

Ester-chan

As you know, Father Nightroad had a birthday recently...

And had condoms in her bathroom, as if that isn't suggestive enough. Better yet, I HAD NO IDEA! XD I only discovered them after Chii pointed it out. Not even my idea, to say the least as well.

Very scandalous, Father Nightroad.

Oh, and I told you I'd tell everyone ;p

As for the gatherings, any day is fine...I mean, I'm planning all my stuff around you guys <3 Cuz I love you all oh so much! I need to get a really pretty dress for the Masq. Maybe a cute hat...

I NEED A LOLITA DRESS! I SHALL GET ONE! D< Rawr.
Cosplays of 2010:
Sister Esther Blanchette - Trinity Blood
Rita Mordio - Tales of Vesperia
Roxas - Kingdom Hearts