General Anime Purchases Topic 1.0

Started by LordKefka, September 16, 2008, 06:38:18 PM

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2009, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 21, 2009, 11:17:59 PM
Olympic Sports  ???

oh thats just the cover of the calendar - the rest of the pictures are more like typical artbook illustrations. I can take pictures of them if you want to see.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on April 07, 2009, 08:40:13 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2009, 11:14:40 PM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 21, 2009, 11:17:59 PM
Olympic Sports  ???

oh thats just the cover of the calendar - the rest of the pictures are more like typical artbook illustrations. I can take pictures of them if you want to see.
I guess I can allow that...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LordKefka

This Vita PVC is the most pain in the ****** ass thing I've dealt with up to date. Not only does she come in over 9,000 pieces for you to assemble (should they fall apart like mine did), ALL her joints are movable. At this point, you're probably thinking " this guy is an idiot cause it's no different than a crappy Max Factory Figma". Nononono... I tell you right now this thing made my brain hemorrhage for the last 2-3 hours of trying to not only find the crap to put for her, but the annoyance of her crappily made parts FALLING APART. YEP. That's right! These damn pieces come off VERY easily since they don't even fit in the sockets all the way in. Her hand with her balls (forgot what they were called) come off if you even look at it the wrong way. Her hat is almost literally using friction to stay on her head. Finally, the stand where you can have her STAND.. you know.. STAND, won't fit into the bottom of her shoes all the way in. To top this all off, the stand you see her on in the picture, I had to spend about half an hour trying to literally find the right gravitation alignment so she doesn't spin herself around-around. What genius makes a stand half a foot tall that holds the PVC which weights around half a pound to have a CIRCULAR pseudo-penis looking thing under the "area" or poor Vita-chan go into it. Someone tell me why. Imagine trying to balance a block of wood perfectly, without tilting, on a pen lying down. Yeah maybe not THAT crazy, but getting very close to it. Other than this little spiel, everything is meh detailed. Oh, and as you can see, they left you able to see her screws on her arms, hands, legs and so forth. Sexy. Anyways, after 2 hours of semi-tearing up due to bull**** and patience ( did I mention bull**** yet?), I FINALLY made something happen with her. This is probably the best pose I can think of that the limited rotates with the joints allow me to do. Here is what this crap looked like before it was put together. Looks easy right? How about spending $100 yourself and trying it out. It's a good thing I paid only $48 for her. No wonder toyslogic has a whole stock of this thing. Who would spend $100+ for this when one just came out by Alter? Answer: Me, but just not $100 =P. Anyways, it was a "fun" buy which I will never do again..

Before:

After:

Again, it's harder than it looks.

Oh, and for kicks and whatever else, this is what's sticking out of Vita-chan's "area" as the part for the stand to connect with: an inflamed looking gonorrhea infected wang. But what really happened was I also forgot to mention that the stand itself is crappily built as well. It's so crappy that the weight of the figure caused the side to crack. I had to super glue the stupid thing together again. That's why it's all white. Anyways, another adventure in the buy land.

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

Just got this recently. It a 1/7 Alter Hayate Yagami from Nanoha. This figure is huge. It took up about 3/4 of a level in my display case (length x width).  It comes with an interchangable head (A's and Striker) and Reinforce Zwei that connects to the right wing.

LordKefka

I had a chance to buy that for $125. Passed it up though cause I'm only a fan of season 1 and Lyrical A's and that's about it. That and Vita.

If anything StrikerS, I'm planning to get this once it comes out:

Other than that, I have about 5 PVCs coming in the mail from all over the world. Too bad it'll take 1-2 weeks before I get pictures up.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

StrikerS isn't really that good, but their isn't any other Hayate figure. Thats why I have her in the A's look  :D

I would get the Alter Fate (Sonic Form) but I already have a preorder for the Volks. I don't really like getting another figure of the same character in a series.

LordKefka

Shoulda waited =P. Such a nice ass, but not nearly as nice as when she was younge-... I mean uhh...>_>;

Speaking of waiting, I should wait till Fanime. Don't know if $500 will be enough...hmm. Better start saving after the round of orders I get. And these ones are awesome to boot =D. Even my friends who don't know anything about anime thinks so and that says a lot xD
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

I actually really like the Volks one a lot.  ;D

The alter one is nice too. Hopefully the support for it can withstand her weight. The Mikuru I have that was only supported by one leg started to tilt. I had to find some extra support stands from gashapons to counter it.

Speaking of savings, I have to also. I have to change my brakes soon and the rest for fanime.

LordKefka

I see two C.C. What happened to not liking to get two figures of the same character =D
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BlueCharisma

S1 and S2. It consider 2 series in my book and on myanimelist.net .  ;D Thats why I can get the Alter Fate from A's and the Volks Fate from Striker. I don't like getting 2 figures of the same character but it does happen. I'm an impulsive buyer. I'm pretty sure once i see the Alter Fate from StrikerS, i'm going to buy it.

LordKefka

It's what you have to do with figures. You have to buy what catches you because once you miss your chance, you'll be kicking yourself a few months down to line to realize you want it only to find out it's twice the price originally.
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BumbleB

I got two posters (Death note and bleach ) and a plushie (Ichigo). I also got an Edward Elric pin.

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

BlueCharisma

That is true as that happen to me plenty of times already. The alter fate from strikers is still easily found, so it not high on my priority list just yet and I always got a backup plan.  ::)

LordKefka

Quote from: BumbleB on April 13, 2009, 08:13:52 PM
I got two posters (Death note and bleach ) and a plushie (Ichigo). I also got an Edward Elric pin.

This completely ruined the mood...xD
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

BumbleB

Yes I can go to Fanime!

Sunday:Shinigami Rukia- Bleach
*proud member of Prop Whores United <3*

LordMoufMouf

My last purchase were the matching Alucard and Anderson fighting figurines. However, they actually come on a circular black blase, not that pretty brown one. Grr. |I got them both at Wondercon for $10 each! I love how cheap the Hellsing figures are!

Tsubasa

Quote from: BlueCharisma on April 13, 2009, 05:59:26 PM
Just got this recently. It a 1/7 Alter Hayate Yagami from Nanoha. This figure is huge. It took up about 3/4 of a level in my display case (length x width).  It comes with an interchangable head (A's and Striker) and Reinforce Zwei that connects to the right wing.

[image]

That's supposed to be unisoned and not, just FYI.

I have all the Alter Nanoha PVCs, even the A's ones mentioned earlier by LordKefka.  I don't see why anyone gets anything else besides maybe a GSC release here and there (I do admit to getting a Kotobukiya and Movic occasionally though).  They're just a step above in sculpting and build quality, IMO.  The upcoming Volks Fate looks OK I suppose, but those CMs Corp?  No thanks.  Recent notable exceptions to this are the GSC StrikerS Nanoha in uniform and 1/4 Nanoha.  The latter I cut it some slack cause it's 1/4. ^^;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LordKefka

Yeah those CM ones are so worthless. The parts are so crappily made it looks almost like a bootleg. I've seen Movic PVCs and they make my eyes bleed as well. I just really want the StrikerS Fate by alter.

IMO, the PVC of Nanoha (Lyrical) by Good Smile looks superior than the one released by Alter. Had a chance to buy it actually just a few weeks ago but passed it up.

And why the hell can't they make a good Vita PVC. The one by Alter looks so boring...
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Tsubasa

Movic Teana is pretty acceptable, IMO.

I think the Alter A's Nanoha is better than the GSC one, but I guess that's just a difference in opinion. ^^;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

LordKefka

I dunno, I just think she has a dumber pose in the Alter version... like...an unnatural statue or something...~_~;

^ I dunno what she's doing. It just looked weird to me for some reason..-_-;

^ This one even has a decorated base so that's a plus.

For the most part, Alter makes some of the most badass PVCs though. At least Kotobukiya and Good Smile are trying to make better things.... probably... :\ 

Even still, I wouldn't mind having the entire Nanoha by Alter that you do. Out of my price range (by far) xD

ps. I have no room to talk though since I bought a CM.. =D. It's the maximum shame, minus owning a Nanoha Figma xP
Fanime Forums Moderator
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor