Death Note: The Last Name Movie Theater Gathering?

Started by shy-cosplayer, September 19, 2008, 10:36:44 AM

shy-cosplayer

The second Live action dubbed film will be out October 15 and 16 in select theaters at 7:30 pm!
Who wants to meet up?
I'm going to go with Pika1979 and the final destination will be at the Century 25 in Union City!

Any objections?

explosive_artist

Matthew Patel - Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life/Vs The World

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

shy-cosplayer

Century 20 Downtown Redwood City [this is my location]

Century Cinemas 16
1500 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043

AMC Cupertino Square 16
10123 N. Wolfe Road, Cupertino, CA 95014

Century 20 Great Mall
1010 Great Mall Drive, Milpitas, CA 95035

Century 20 Daly City
1901 Junipero Serra Blvd., Daly City, CA 94015

and, yeah thats all I can find for now... besides, my mom's only wiling to drive so far, lol!

explosive_artist

weeeellllll, I live in santa cruz, and I'm not that good with directions

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

Pika1979

I think that it will also be showing at the Century 25 in Union City. That would be the one that I will be going to. If you are able to go there then we can pick a day to see it! :)

shy-cosplayer

venka21

I heard it will be playing at the century 16 in Pleasant Hill and the Century theaters in Walnut Creek.
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

Rei-Rei

Might sound like a stupid question... But,
Do you know if the showing will be subbed or dubbed?

Pika1979

it will be dubbed. i went and saw the first one. not too bad but they did not subtitle any of the printed items like news papers and such. If I had not watched the fan subbed on line first i would have had no clue what it was saying and most of the time it was news articles about criminals and such that actually accounted to the story line of the movie.

explosive_artist

So, as anyone chosen a final destination on where to meet up?

Mami Tomoe -gender bend-

Finnick Odair -arena-

Pika1979

i know for sure that i will be going to the century 25 in union city not sure on what day yet. that is the one that is the closest to me and the one i am most familiar with. :)

winry_rockbell

Wow, thanks for the post.  I didn't know they are going to show the second one this month!  I saw the first on big screen, and it was awesome!    I will be going to AMC in Emeryville since that's right down the street from me. Anyone else in this area interested in seeing it together?  I will have to go on Wednesday night, Oct. 15.   Let me know.   I always do anime related things solo as I don't know anyone who's interested.
/\/\                 (\__/)
(=-.-)=   ()()    (='.'=)
/ |       (^.^)  (")_(")
(__)_)    (( )  )o

otakuapprentice

Quote from: winry_rockbell on October 02, 2008, 03:33:42 PM
Wow, thanks for the post.  I didn't know they are going to show the second one this month!  I saw the first on big screen, and it was awesome!    I will be going to AMC in Emeryville since that's right down the street from me. Anyone else in this area interested in seeing it together?  I will have to go on Wednesday night, Oct. 15.   Let me know.   I always do anime related things solo as I don't know anyone who's interested.
i would consider going to this.....but seeing as how i live in Oakland, i don't like being out on the streets at night; I'm very allergic to bullets.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

rude32

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 03, 2008, 06:59:58 PM
Wow, thanks for the post.  I didn't know they are going to show the second one this month!  I saw the first on big screen, and it was awesome!    I will be going to AMC in Emeryville since that's right down the street from me. Anyone else in this area interested in seeing it together?  I will have to go on Wednesday night, Oct. 15.   Let me know.   I always do anime related things solo as I don't know anyone who's interested.
i would consider going to this.....but seeing as how i live in Oakland, i don't like being out on the streets at night; I'm very allergic to bullets.
I know so am I. I'm so allergic, it can only take one to kill me.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

winry_rockbell

Quote from: rude32 on October 03, 2008, 09:11:19 PM
Wow, thanks for the post.  I didn't know they are going to show the second one this month!  I saw the first on big screen, and it was awesome!    I will be going to AMC in Emeryville since that's right down the street from me. Anyone else in this area interested in seeing it together?  I will have to go on Wednesday night, Oct. 15.   Let me know.   I always do anime related things solo as I don't know anyone who's interested.
Really? Both of you live in the bullet-ridden part of Oakland?  Don't you wish you have a Death Note to get rid of all the thugs?   

It sucks that you can't go out at night.   I actually don't like to go out at night too much but I'll do it for Death Note.

/\/\                 (\__/)
(=-.-)=   ()()    (='.'=)
/ |       (^.^)  (")_(")
(__)_)    (( )  )o

rude32

Quote from: winry_rockbell on October 03, 2008, 09:21:03 PM
Really? Both of you live in the bullet-ridden part of Oakland?  Don't you wish you have a Death Note to get rid of all the thugs?   

It sucks that you can't go out at night.   I actually don't like to go out at night too much but I'll do it for Death Note.

I actually live in Manteca, I was just stating that I'm allergic to bullets. I might go see deathnote, but I have no idea where I want to see it yet.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

otakuapprentice

Quote from: winry_rockbell on October 03, 2008, 09:21:03 PM

It sucks that you can't go out at night.   I actually don't like to go out at night too much but I'll do it for Death Note.

I'm not in the bad part of Oakland(its sorta okay, i guess); i just don't like going through oakland at night. that's when the crackheads start to crawl out.

Runewitt

Im doing training at the Union City theatre, and saw the poster today, i HAVE to find out if i have those days off to come in and see it.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Runewitt on October 04, 2008, 07:24:03 PM
Im doing training at the Union City theatre, and saw the poster today, i HAVE to find out if i have those days off to come in and see it.
since you're in there, i got a quick question: what happens to the move posters there after they replace them? do they just get thrown away, or can someone ask to have it before it gets tossed?

Runewitt

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 04, 2008, 07:34:17 PM
Quote from: Runewitt on October 04, 2008, 07:24:03 PM
since you're in there, i got a quick question: what happens to the move posters there after they replace them? do they just get thrown away, or can someone ask to have it before it gets tossed?
my friend who's worked there longer ( over 4 yers now) said that employees get first dibs on them. and yes, i'm going to ask about getting myself the DN one. i was going to ask them about it today, but i didnt think it'd be good to ask for free stuff my first day.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.