Boy feeds Zoo reptiles to crocodile

Started by Ruby, October 03, 2008, 11:55:07 PM

Ruby

Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Stormfalcon

Now that's a child taking cruelty to a new level, and children are known for cruelty in general to begin with.  This kid's destined for great things in his future...if by "great" you mean "horrific".

My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

JTchinoy

I really hope this kid gets put in a mental institution.  Read about this in another forum; I would so feed him to Terry.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Ruby

Quote from: Stormfalcon on October 04, 2008, 06:40:55 AM
Now that's a child taking cruelty to a new level, and children are known for cruelty in general to begin with.  This kid's destined for great things in his future...if by "great" you mean "horrific".

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking if this kid doesn't get some sort of help. I was talking about this to a friend and they said that there was a chance the kid seriously had no idea what he was doing at that age. I don't know, I think by age 7, especially these days, perhaps, kids should be able to start realizing the differences between right and wrong. I know I wasn't stoning animals to death at 7. Parents should have been watching him a lot better.
Chance of going to Fanimecon 2015: 50%! ;_;

Mister_E

Reptile killer=Psychopath in adult years
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

JohnnyAR

That damn little brat! If i had the money I'd fly all the way over there and make him wish he never step foot in that zoo! Damnable child, grinning devilishly with that cruel behavior. This angers me so much! I could just slaughter that kid!

Quote from: Ruby on October 03, 2008, 11:55:07 PM

Jeebus, what the hell was this kid thinking?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7649876.stm

He wasn't thats the problem.

yoshi

I heard the kid was trying to jump into the crocodile's enclosure. Too bad his attempt was unsuccessful. ;)
In a large way, I'm kidding; in another small way, I'm not. Where were these parents? He's a seven-year-old?

JTchinoy

how about we remove you mentioning you were kidding and say you were serious.  and i'll agree with you wholeheartedly

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

I will admit that I lol'd when I read this. The CIA will pick this kid up in the future to train him to be Solid Snake.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Mizuki on October 05, 2008, 07:44:21 AM
I will admit that I lol'd when I read this. The CIA will pick this kid up in the future to train him to be Snake Food.
Fixed.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Gatsby

>:( THis angers  me. Damn brat! I wish he had managed to climb into Terry's pit. ANd I'm 100% serious. Where the hell were the parents? Kids is going to be a sociopath.

HentaiTentacleDemon

10 years old? Hmm... what is that? 4th grade?
either he has some mental disability or
his parents never taught him NOT to harm others or
he assumed that rule only applied to people, not animals.

TC X0 Lt 0X

The security at that Zoo must be horrible...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Pika1979

I feel not only should the parents be sued over this but have there child taken away. If he had time to hop a security fence just to get into the zoo and then go on a 30 min killing spree then it is obvious to me that they where not watching him at all. So, to me it raises the question on how he is being treated at home. Many children act out when there are problems at home and if he is being abused then he may have decided to take out his anger on something smaller than him. Not to mention that he should see a psychiatrist. I do believe that the parents should have a good looking in to but I also feel that the child should have known better at that age. I know I knew better at that age on how to treat people and animals. I also knew that killing was wrong no matter what it was. Some parents these days just don't care about their children and let me do what they please. Then when those kids get older they can't understand what they did wrong.

Gatsby

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on October 12, 2008, 12:47:06 PM
The security at that Zoo must be horrible...

Good point. The kid may be like me when I was his age and managed to sneak into anywhere because of his size? Anyway, it's a horrible story and I feel sorry for the animals. :(

Mizuki

To be fair, this kid is 10 years old. Some kids aren't smart enough, even with proper "teaching" to no go into restricted areas, but for it to let it pass? No way. There should be punishment, teach him not to mess with some animals again.

SOawesomeness

Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Pika1979

Quote from: Mizuki on October 12, 2008, 10:37:42 PM
To be fair, this kid is 10 years old. Some kids aren't smart enough, even with proper "teaching" to no go into restricted areas, but for it to let it pass? No way. There should be punishment, teach him not to mess with some animals again.
Then kid was seven not ten. sorry to nit pick but if he had been ten they they would prosecute him in some shape or form.

"As children under the age of 10 cannot be held accountable for their actions in the Northern Territory, the zoo would be seeking to take action against the parents."

As quoted from the article. So you can see why I am being picky about the age. But, I do still agree with you that he needs some sort of punishment and I am not talking about a "time out".

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Pika1979 on October 12, 2008, 08:37:44 PM
I feel not only should the parents be sued over this but have there child taken away. If he had time to hop a security fence just to get into the zoo and then go on a 30 min killing spree then it is obvious to me that they where not watching him at all. So, to me it raises the question on how he is being treated at home. Many children act out when there are problems at home and if he is being abused then he may have decided to take out his anger on something smaller than him. Not to mention that he should see a psychiatrist. I do believe that the parents should have a good looking in to but I also feel that the child should have known better at that age. I know I knew better at that age on how to treat people and animals. I also knew that killing was wrong no matter what it was. Some parents these days just don't care about their children and let me do what they please. Then when those kids get older they can't understand what they did wrong.
I half agree. The only thing is, where does this kid live? It was early in the morning right? How did he get to the zoo? Did ANYONE wonder why this kid was scaling the zoo fence while passing by (there had to be someone who saw him on his way)? It is entirely possible that his parents were sleeping, and this kid decided to go kill the animals in the zoo next door. I don't think the article explains those small details.
I've never really killed any animals before. The only things I have killed is a rattlesnake, and of course bugs. Now I've also been cruel to animals before. The neighbors dog killed my cat when I was young, and for 6 months I kicked that dog in the balls every time I saw it. Cruel when I think about it now, but when your young, you think like that, you think to wrongs make a right (not that that can really be applied to this situation).
While it's totally possible that this kid's parents neglected him and are irresponsible people, but it's also possible that this kid may have been watching cartoons in the morning while his parents slept, saw something violent, and reinacted it on the animals.
The kid still should be punished, and the parents are still responsible for the kids actions, but I don't think we should be so blind and just say that the parents were bad people.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

zoupzuop2

I vote for the following:

"...hello, Billy. I wanna play a game..."

That said, I do hope that this child is severely punished for his actions. While I'm not exactly a card-carrying member of PETA, needlessly killing those animals should not be rewarded with inaction on the parents' part.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.