Seems like now's the time...

Started by Raymei, October 10, 2008, 03:26:47 PM

Raymei

If you can afford it  T_T;;; seems like now would be a good time to go to Japan (for spending, that is).
Currently it's
$1 USD = ¥100.68 JPY

I think the last time I went it was closer to ¥120.   Their economy isn't doing very well either right now  (whether or not it's tied in with our own economic slump is beyond my fiscal knowledge  lol)

Kazuko

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

HELLO YAHOO JAPAN AUCTIONS

:U at that rate I could bid on my dress for cheaps

LordKefka

Quote from: Raymei on October 10, 2008, 03:26:47 PM
If you can afford it  T_T;;; seems like now would be a good time to go to Japan (for spending, that is).
Currently it's
$1 USD = ¥100.68 JPY

I think the last time I went it was closer to ¥120.   Their economy isn't doing very well either right now  (whether or not it's tied in with our own economic slump is beyond my fiscal knowledge  lol)

I think it was actually 98~ yen at one point today or yesterday. Forgot...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

JohnnyAR

Why is everything there so damn expensive there?

*sob*

¿Por qué?!

otakuapprentice

long story short; its all our fault. no joke.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

JTchinoy

Quote from: JohnnyAR on October 10, 2008, 05:25:56 PM

*sob*

¿Por qué?!
Redundancy is redundant.  hahahahaha. sorry it stood out.  :P

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Raymei

Quote from: otakuapprentice on October 10, 2008, 05:27:54 PM
long story short; its all our fault. no joke.

Oh yeah, when a nation of consumers suddenly stops...well, consuming  T_T  all those countries that were exporting all our buy-ables pay the price as well, unfortunately.

I was actually thinking it's a little ironic how now that our money can get us more over there, we're all a little afraid of spending it  lol
That's crazy it dropped below 100.

*sob*

¿Por qué?!

It's like, in Japan you get a soda for 100 yen. In the US you get that SAME soda for $1, right?
Right now, it's almost exactly like that, same amount of money and same product.  Before, if you wanted to take your US money and get a soda in Japan, you'd have to throw in another $0.15-$0.25 or so to make that equivalent, see?

Things are a little expensive sometimes, yeah  (like a soda actually being 110 yen or so), but it mostly depends on where you go.  Just like in the states, stuff in New York is going to be more expensive than in Laramie, Wyoming or something.

JohnnyAR

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 10, 2008, 07:03:46 PM

*sob*

¿Por qué?!
Redundancy is redundant.  hahahahaha. sorry it stood out.  :P

That was the point

Kazuko

mmmm 100 yen soda i consume that like its no ones buisness, I miss C.C Lemon (YEAH)

PyronIkari

Currently it's
$1 USD = ¥100.68 JPY

Wait wait wait wait...

Are you guys stupid or something?

Now is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE time to go to Japan. Let's talk simple math.

Okay

1$ = 100yen.

This means... if I trade in 100$ I get 10,000yen

Compared to

1$=120yen

Where if I trade in 100$ I get 12,000 yen.

12,000 yen is more than 10,000 yen isn't it?

Price fluctuations in Japan aren't as common as in America... so if you go now you're getting LESS YEN for your dollar, unless you already have a stockpile of yen somewhere. If you ALREADY HAVE YEN, then your Yen is worth more in terms of dollar amount. If you don't, then you have less in Yen.

God damn... seriously... what... the hell... is... wrong... with... you... people...

unless you were being sarcastic with the OP. If you were, you failed at delivery.

Some of you guys should try taking a simple econ class... or...

a math class.

JTchinoy

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 11, 2008, 04:13:23 PM
Currently it's
$1 USD = ¥100.68 JPY

Wait wait wait wait...

Now is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE time to go to Japan. Let's talk simple math.

Okay

1$ = 100yen.

Compared to

1$=120yen

Price fluctuations in Japan aren't as common as in America... so if you go now you're getting LESS YEN for your dollar, unless you already have a stockpile of yen somewhere. If you ALREADY HAVE YEN, then your Yen is worth more in terms of dollar amount. If you don't, then you have less in Yen.

God damn... seriously... what... the hell... is... wrong... with... you... people...

unless you were being sarcastic with the OP. If you were, you failed at delivery.

a math class.
hahahahahahahahah. agreed.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on October 11, 2008, 04:13:23 PM
Currently it's
$1 USD = ¥100.68 JPY

Wait wait wait wait...

Okay

1$ = 100yen.

Compared to

1$=120yen

a math class.

^
The reason I accept PyronIkari.
Because he's not retarded like half of everyone else.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JohnnyAR

Btw, I never said I wanted to go to Japan at the current time. I did, but that was year or two ago.

JTchinoy

i'm offended tc.  good day!  >:(

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Raymei

Pyon:
Oh, yeah I was really thinking backwards there for some reason.
But the post was sarcastic anyway because our economy is doing so terribly I don't think too many people can afford to travel internationally.

You do really need to ease up a bit though, you take everything like it's a huge battle for you to make your point.

LordKefka

Quote from: Raymei on October 11, 2008, 10:17:45 PM
Pyon:
But the post was sarcastic anyway because our economy is doing so terribly I don't think too many people can afford to travel internationally.

You do really need to ease up a bit though, you take everything like it's a huge battle for you to make your point.

No big deal. Don't worry about it. You made a mistake in your post. We all do that. Hell, I have to change my posts sometimes 3-4 times before I get it down..>_>;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on October 11, 2008, 08:03:35 PM
i'm offended tc.  good day!  >:(

I think you miss understand, I was not referring to you, but those who thought it was a good time.
I ended up quoting your post instead of PyronIkari's. I'll go fix that...
And for that matter, your all right in my book, even if you are against Pocky LOL  :D

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

pocky is just yan yan for lazy people

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Steve.Young

Fail. Simple as that. Fail.

It's a good time to go to Europe though, as the price of the Euro has fallen almost 20%!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

Raymei

Quote from: LordKefka on October 11, 2008, 10:20:25 PM
Quote from: Raymei on October 11, 2008, 10:17:45 PM
Pyon:

No big deal. Don't worry about it. You made a mistake in your post. We all do that. Hell, I have to change my posts sometimes 3-4 times before I get it down..>_>;

lol I make enough mistakes to know by now it's better to admit them to try to back-track  T_T  it was a brain fart.
It sucks, since I've been out of school my math has gotten HORRIBLE (and that was my favorite subject).  I should really start taking some classes again.

But yeah, I was mostly thinking "well, now it *is* a 100 Y = $1" like people would mostly tell you to think like. lol
So now people like me don't have to worry about our degrading math skills ( T_T )  LMAO  XD