Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann 2009 ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWER!

Started by NetBelleAnie, October 17, 2008, 12:24:55 AM

airzodiac

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: airzodiac on February 05, 2009, 09:46:35 PM
What day will this be on?

srry about the long response i just got back from maid training and a busy weekend. im pushing for saturday and sunday like how it was before last year. maybe not the same time wise last year but i guess alot of people wouldn't mind it on sat and sun like everyone elses gatherings. a few yokos suggested friday and i understand why since being yoko would be hard on a sat and sun then compared to fri. i don't mind friday either its just im arriving late that day and im bringing with me the flag that will be mounted on a pole so that it can wave in the air and people will reconize us well!  ;D i was just thinking it would look better thats all.

hopefully i can get back to you on this soon. still trying to figure out the planning of things and such...
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

airzodiac

I think Saturday and Sunday is something I would prefer. Because I can probably only show for the Saturday gathering.

Black_Hanyou

Hey there guys! I've Naxul on the coscom forums and I just wanted add in what some of them were saying about time & date.

So I think mainly people would want this gathering (or one of them) to be on Saturday, but more into the afternoon, like around 4 or 5 PM ish~ There's already going to be a lot of gatherings earlier that day anyways so, yeah! I hope we can pick out a time soon :3

Hakaru_chan

hey back! wahh... its been too long... yea those times sound good to me  ;D
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

airzodiac

I like those times too, you should go and take the spot on the official gathring list.

Enkai

Hey, is this still happening?  There hasn't been a spot claimed.  I'd love to show up, and I'd try to convince some of my friends to (we're doing TTGL for Open House this weekend), but because of Masquerade, I can't do Saturday.  If it's not opposite other commitments and it's Saturday, I'll come to take photos, but my masq costume is a little too intense to pull off a quick costume change.

Neo-Zaku

I am up for Saturday at 4-5pm or anytime really. I'll be going as time skip Rossiu.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: Enkai on April 14, 2009, 06:12:47 AM
Hey, is this still happening?  There hasn't been a spot claimed.  I'd love to show up, and I'd try to convince some of my friends to (we're doing TTGL for Open House this weekend), but because of Masquerade, I can't do Saturday.  If it's not opposite other commitments and it's Saturday, I'll come to take photos, but my masq costume is a little too intense to pull off a quick costume change.

yes its still happening! OMG i haven't updated but thats because im working so many shifts at fanime. i have been on the forums just not typing stuff... (i think im going to need help changing the layout of this thread tho forrealz...) what is open house btw?

yes im in the masquerade as well and i know saturday might seem like a problem but like last year we're probably going to have two gatherings (sat & sun). im pushing for three though cause im thinking that maybe we can get the sunset on friday? a sunset shot is going to be epic and alot of yokos want friday anyways. i know alot of people are still coming in on friday including me but ill be available to whatever is the most convient to the people of this gathering. what is your masq costume anyways? i believe we have to show up at the masquerade to check in at a certain time. if this gathering is like two hours before then it shouldn't be a problem for you.   
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

Enkai

Quote from: Hakaru_chan on April 15, 2009, 06:38:17 PM
what is open house btw?
LINKAGE  It's the weekend where a whole bunch of admitted freshmen, their families, and the community show up on campus and clubs try to recruit and sell things.  For the past 2 years, we've done something with the theme (although this year was really vague), organizing a large group cosplay and making our booth look like something from our anime of choice.  Two years ago, we did One Piece (the theme was "Oceans of Discovery), crafting our booth into the Going Merry.  Last year, we did Baccano! (theme: "Destination Cal Poly), turning the booth into the train.  This year, it's TTGL, turning the booth into Dai-Gurren.  ^___^  If I could recruit everybody I know is cosplaying for Open House at Fanime, we'd have at least the Black Sisters, Simon, Nia, Gimmy, Viral, and myself as timeskip-Yoko to add to the group.

what is your masq costume anyways? i believe we have to show up at the masquerade to check in at a certain time. if this gathering is like two hours before then it shouldn't be a problem for you.   

Kuroshitsuji.  There's a lot of problems though, mostly arising from the fact that our group takes masquerade (particularly day of) pretty seriously.  We kinda have to in order to successfully coordinate as large a group as we have.  If this year is anything like last, I'd say the only way a Saturday TTGL gathering would happen for me would be if it was at 10AM.  But I'm just one person, so don't worry too much about me.  I'd do my best to make any other day.  ^.^

Neo-Zaku

Oh and for extra irony I will be carrying a sign the reads. "It's ok. I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Hakaru_chan

Quote from: Enkai on April 15, 2009, 08:36:31 PM
what is open house btw?
LINKAGE  It's the weekend where a whole bunch of admitted freshmen, their families, and the community show up on campus and clubs try to recruit and sell things.  For the past 2 years, we've done something with the theme (although this year was really vague), organizing a large group cosplay and making our booth look like something from our anime of choice.  Two years ago, we did One Piece (the theme was "Oceans of Discovery), crafting our booth into the Going Merry.  Last year, we did Baccano! (theme: "Destination Cal Poly), turning the booth into the train.  This year, it's TTGL, turning the booth into Dai-Gurren.  ^___^  If I could recruit everybody I know is cosplaying for Open House at Fanime, we'd have at least the Black Sisters, Simon, Nia, Gimmy, Viral, and myself as timeskip-Yoko to add to the group.

what is your masq costume anyways? i believe we have to show up at the masquerade to check in at a certain time. if this gathering is like two hours before then it shouldn't be a problem for you.   

Kuroshitsuji.  There's a lot of problems though, mostly arising from the fact that our group takes masquerade (particularly day of) pretty seriously.  We kinda have to in order to successfully coordinate as large a group as we have.  If this year is anything like last, I'd say the only way a Saturday TTGL gathering would happen for me would be if it was at 10AM.  But I'm just one person, so don't worry too much about me.  I'd do my best to make any other day.  ^.^

wow... so thats what an open house is.. hmm i only went to visit the outside of cal poly once. id hella want tot go there now that they have students who do such a wonderful thing! man. it would be great having all of you guys come. i know its such a long distance away but i mean last year we didn't have much of the sisters (posttime and timeskip) or even gimmy and others.

hmm so you guys are in the masquerade too? which number? my group and i are number 50 from vallejo california.

----> i want to make this work for everyone so hmm... let me look back at the times and stuff again  ;)
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

redroses3164

Is this gathering still happening? If so, I suggest having the gathering on Sunday because based on the few posts here, I see that people are busy due to the masquerade.

I hope this gathering is still happening! I want to take pictures. :3

(Basically this was a bump post hahaha...)

Neo-Zaku

How about we do two gatherings? One on Saturday in the late afternoon, say around 4pm and another Sunday later in the evening around 9:30pm or so so we can get some awesome twilight/night shots of the Gurren crew piercing the heavens!

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

BSaphire

Hello there ^^)

I just wanted to post a reminder that there are new guidelines on requests for the Cosplayer Gatherings List. You can find the guidelines here:
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,7748.0.html

Time is running out and some slots are already full. Please look at the entire first post and the times open before posting.

Thank you
BSaphire

BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

mymerrilymemory

Hey guys :>
I'm SAKU+朔 over on coscom~ Hoping this gathering is still going through! Me and my friends will be in TTGL at about 3:30~4:00ish so we're hoping that's when the gathering is xD Tattoos and body paints tend to take a while ya know? XD
See you all soon! Roh roh etc

Neo-Zaku

I am taking charge of the gathering so we can be put up on the official list. My fan name is Alchemical Otaku and I will be going as time skip Rossiu. I have put in for Saturday 4:30 pm in front of the Fountains.

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

spency_g

Woot!!!  Thats the fighting spirit i like to see...My Kamina Costume will stand tall next to all who plan to attend

(i hope that the person who did the Boota costume shows up again this year, that was awesome, Giant Stuffed Boota for the win!!!)
<(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<) <(\" )> (>\")> <(\"<)

redroses3164

Quote from: Neo-Zaku on May 15, 2009, 02:39:53 PM
I am taking charge of the gathering so we can be put up on the official list. My fan name is Alchemical Otaku and I will be going as time skip Rossiu. I have put in for Saturday 4:30 pm in front of the Fountains.

Is the gathering at this time so you all can head on over to GAINAX's panel on the Guren-hen movie at 5 PM? Looks like I won't be able to attend the gathering since I'll be heading to the Anime Vice one at the same time.
If any of you do visit the Anime Vice panel, I'll be helping a bit and cosplaying as Yoko there.

Mister_E

Quote from: redroses3164 on May 15, 2009, 11:22:25 PM
Quote from: Neo-Zaku on May 15, 2009, 02:39:53 PM

Is the gathering at this time so you all can head on over to GAINAX's panel on the Guren-hen movie at 5 PM? Looks like I won't be able to attend the gathering since I'll be heading to the Anime Vice one at the same time.
If any of you do visit the Anime Vice panel, I'll be helping a bit and cosplaying as Yoko there.
Hold up what day is the Gainax panel?
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%