Rooms: Maybe a room theme....

Started by L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu, November 13, 2008, 04:18:32 PM

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Around a specific anime, like... Maybe there could be a room with the theme of Tenchi Muyo or a nother popular anime?

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

LordKefka

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Kazuko

I do not know, could you please type this so it can make sense

If you mean a video theme room usually theres a marathon of a particular series during a certain hour block

but what Im guessing is like a room full of anime stuff relating to that anime such as tenchi muyo...well hence thats what anime marathons are for or film rooms. Plus dealers room that caters to certain anime merch along with others

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

I'm sorry. Like... A room that has the setting of a popular anime. Like... A room could have the setting of Azumanga Daioh, like the classroom? D:( I'm sorry...

[I failz]

jemz

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on November 14, 2008, 10:29:54 AM
I'm sorry. Like... A room that has the setting of a popular anime. Like... A room could have the setting of Azumanga Daioh, like the classroom? D:( I'm sorry...

[I failz]

I'm not quite sure what the purpose of those rooms would be. If you are talking about Video Rooms, certainly there are marathons running. If not, you would have to clarify more.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

EvilBunnyKid

lol this post is funny!! :P 

I belive that Chu is talking about 'theme rooms'. Kinda like the 'Maid Cafe' and 'Black and White Ball'. A room can be recreated to look like a scene from an anime.

'Example'

Did you ever want to attend a exzravagant party like the ones you have seen in 'Ouran High School Host Club'? This year your dream can come true! We will decorate a room just for those who wish to dress up and attend!!  Will will have the 'hosts' to attend to your every need and to dance with you all night long!!.....blah...blah...blah....

What about visiting Destiny Islands of 'Kingdom Hearts'? Play in the sand with Sora Riku Kairi and all of their friends!  Race and solve puzzle's to win the 'Paopu Fruit'!...blah...blah...blah...

(these are just a sample...dont get to excited...) 

RaddaX2

It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on November 14, 2008, 11:52:52 AM
lol this post is funny!! :P 

I belive that Chu is talking about 'theme rooms'. Kinda like the 'Maid Cafe' and 'Black and White Ball'. A room can be recreated to look like a scene from an anime.

'Example'

Did you ever want to attend a exzravagant party like the ones you have seen in 'Ouran High School Host Club'? This year your dream can come true! We will decorate a room just for those who wish to dress up and attend!!  Will will have the 'hosts' to attend to your every need and to dance with you all night long!!.....blah...blah...blah....

What about visiting Destiny Islands of 'Kingdom Hearts'? Play in the sand with Sora Riku Kairi and all of their friends!  Race and solve puzzle's to win the 'Paopu Fruit'!...blah...blah...blah...

(these are just a sample...dont get to excited...) 

Yes, yes, yes!! Oh tank yyuuuuu!!! -pouncecrush- n_n

Jun-Watarase

Yes, and from that, she points out how utterly unrealistic and troublesome it'd be to host such an event.

I really doubt anyone wants to invest the kind of money and time it'd take to create and manage a impractically themed "playroom". The Black and White Ball and Maid Cafe are actual events with purposes at the con, such as dancing and socializing with others (much like actual dances outside of anime conventions) and having to experience a maid cafe, which is an existing niche in the novelty restaurant world. Themed EVENTS could possibly be done. They do happen-- it just has to meet the standard and be an adequate event. A lot of Ouran cosplayers at smaller cons have hosted panels where they throw miniature "parties", but that's as far as you can get. From what I recall, you can't really stick anything onto the walls, so decorations would be very limited. A themed room, like you described, with no real purpose or event held within them would be amusing for some to walk into and chill in, but does its purpose really outweigh the effort? Not really. FanimeCon already does what it can to provide a decent convention setting for fans as realistically as they can in terms of work, money, and time, which is already quite a lot.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Steve.Young

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 14, 2008, 04:07:05 PM
Yes, and from that, she points out how utterly unrealistic and troublesome it'd be to host such an event.

I really doubt anyone wants to invest the kind of money and time it'd take to create and manage a impractically themed "playroom". The Black and White Ball and Maid Cafe are actual events with purposes at the con, such as dancing and socializing with others (much like actual dances outside of anime conventions) and having to experience a maid cafe, which is an existing niche in the novelty restaurant world. Themed EVENTS could possibly be done. They do happen-- it just has to meet the standard and be an adequate event. A lot of Ouran cosplayers at smaller cons have hosted panels where they throw miniature "parties", but that's as far as you can get. From what I recall, you can't really stick anything onto the walls, so decorations would be very limited. A themed room, like you described, with no real purpose or event held within them would be amusing for some to walk into and chill in, but does its purpose really outweigh the effort? Not really. FanimeCon already does what it can to provide a decent convention setting for fans as realistically as they can in terms of work, money, and time, which is already quite a lot.

Budgets, good god....I hate BUDGETS!!!
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Is this the place where you post ideas and suggestions?

I could swear it is....

Jun-Watarase

Ideas and suggestions that could actually be made use of? Yes. Making an unrealistic suggestion with no purpose or merit for the convention it's supposed to take place at? No.

This isn't a board for you to just suggest things and expect it to be accepted and provided right away. This is a board for the fans to post things that could possibly take place at the con, improve it, and have it be within budget. And the ones that get approved are normally both fun and practical, i.e. GOOD IDEAS. If it's a bad idea, people will tell you that it's a bad idea and why, rather than just tell you what you want to hear and fawn you with "liek omg!!! that's a good idea Leslurrr! *POUNCEGLOMPKAWAIIDESU*"

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Shi_Musouka

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on November 15, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
Is this the place where you post ideas and suggestions?

I could swear it is....

Well there's nothing wrong with suggesting stuff IMO, but just because someone suggests it doesn't mean it's always feasible. For example, I could suggest that we get one of those moon bouncing things in every single room at the con, but if it can't be implanted at the con for logistical reasons, financial reasons, liability reasons, or whatever, then we can either look for a way in which the idea can be incorporated without violating the rules of the SJCC or that of the city of San Jose or state of CA or we have to scrap the idea because the problems outweigh the benefits of said suggestion.

But nonetheless, I'm pretty sure staff appreciates whatever suggestions or ideas you have, no matter how realistic or absurd as they may sound.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 15, 2008, 02:19:25 PM
Ideas and suggestions that could actually be made use of? Yes. Making an unrealistic suggestion with no purpose or merit for the convention it's supposed to take place at? No.

This isn't a board for you to just suggest things and expect it to be accepted and provided right away. This is a board for the fans to post things that could possibly take place at the con, improve it, and have it be within budget. And the ones that get approved are normally both fun and practical, i.e. GOOD IDEAS. If it's a bad idea, people will tell you that it's a bad idea and why, rather than just tell you what you want to hear and fawn you with "liek omg!!! that's a good idea Leslurrr! *POUNCEGLOMPKAWAIIDESU*"

I quite positive that I'm not the fist person to present an idea that wasn't ABSOLUTE GENIUS. I wasn't trying to write it in stone... I was just throwing it out there.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on November 15, 2008, 02:38:32 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on November 15, 2008, 02:19:25 PM

I quite positive that I'm not the fist person to present an idea that wasn't ABSOLUTE GENIUS. I wasn't trying to write it in stone... I was just throwing it out there.

Yeah, you didn't need to write anything of genius-quality, but why are you getting upset and trying to retaliate with something as stupid as saying "Well, I could've sworn this was the ideas and suggestions forum!", just because it was explained to you why it's a bad idea and why it won't be done? Suggestions are encouraged, but they're not guaranteed to be approved of.

FanimaidCafe.com

ewu

hey guys, can't we all just get along??

This is how it works:
1) new idea, new post
2) comments and evaluation of the idea

We are all trying to make con a cooler place to be. (even though its pretty awesome already)

Keep the ideas coming, but be prepared for people to chime in on the interest level, feasibility, target group, and marginal benefit to the con.

Course, personally insulting people will not keep the ideas coming and will serve to discourage contribution, not just from the insulted, but also others reading the board and have great ideas but also hesitations about those ideas.

So lets keep personal insults to a minimum, but also be prepared to take criticism.

And honestly, the decision about whether to continue to develop the ideas lies not in the posters of this forum, but in those in charge of the appropriate department, division or the con as a whole. Now that is not to also discourage comments and constructive criticism as that is helpful to those making the decisions; especially since those on the forums may indeed be those that are making the decisions.

A forum can be a great place for ideas, to both continue to build on the idea or highlight the limitations of that idea. But lets do just that, focus on the idea and not the people contributing. If you have something to say ABOUT THE IDEA then say it.

Don't make it personal....

ANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDD... lock

/Moderation
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom