Has anyone here ever applied for unemployment?

Started by RaddaX2, December 30, 2008, 12:02:05 AM

RaddaX2

Times are tough and considering my situation I wouldn't mind applying.  Thing is I don't know if I qualify.  Anyone care to shed some light on this?  Like do I have to be independent?
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

codex biblio

Have you already been on the EDD site? I'm assuming you're in California.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/

The FAQs have a lot of information including eligibility.

http://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/FAQ_-_Eligibility.htm

I hope this helps.

Kazuko

I actually have applied for unemplyoment, but unfortunatley I was declined because I couldnt take a full-time job since I was in school :T, I currently live with my folks (im 21) but it doesnt ask if you are independant or not if i remember but the FAQ should help Also keep in mind that you should have at least not worked for 6 months or have a job but havent been getting hours. Also you should be able to take a full time job

So, when you apply online everything has to be legit and exact you cant lie because they go through your records, after that in about a week you should get something in the mail stating your qualification, how much money you will be able to get from EDD and such, also you may get a phone interview in the short span of like 20 minutes they hussle the hell out of you for questions, you have to have your stuff together such as what your total hours were at both jobs, school, ect and you have to handle it off the bat or they will say that they will hang up on you ( I had a really jerky guy). You will get also another info in the mail saying what you did for two weeks in which you should be looking for work. After the phonecall and paperwork sent in you will get a final notice stating why you are or not eligible for unemployment, and if you unsatisfied then you can submit an appeal to them stating why.

XpHoBiaX

You also should apply for the Cal Works program too...it cuts down on the paperwork for job hunting. Retraining courses help too, if they are available. At least, that is what I did for here, where I live.

And if you are there, you don't need to deal with the jerks calling you up. The office has computers that you can look for jobs online, and you check in on a roster. IMO it was less frustrating, and that was all I needed to do every couple weeks or so.

WHATEVER YOU DO
Never offer anymore information that isn't asked for.

2010 cosplay...?
Zero:80% Kadaj:?? Sisen:??