Anime Fan Project

Started by venka21, January 01, 2009, 01:41:29 AM

venka21

Hi, I'm working on a project called Anime Confessions

Anime Confessions is a collection of Essays, Thoughts, Fanart, Photos, Poems, and Audio clips from anime fans about anime and manga.

So far only two people have really added anything to the collection, and I would like to know if any one here would be interested in this project.

The site for this project is http://www.freewebs.com/animeconfessions
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

venka21

Indepth reason why anime confessions was created

I started this project last fall as an idea for fan companion book. After a while I looked at the idea and thought even though the book was a good idea, it was too big a project. So I considered making the project into a fan based website instead.

In the past, I have seen numerous fan companion books, and academic companion books written for many pop culture fan followings. However if you want to look for any books of critical essays written by fans of Japanese Animation. Or maybe academic books like Religious wisdom through Japanese Animation, or Anime and Philosophy you would have seriously slim pickings.

A probable reason as to why these books haven't been written is because Japanese Anime and Manga is a broad subject. Still a broad topic such as anime can still be narrowed down, if there can be books such as The Simpson's and Philosophy, Looking for God in Harry Potter, and the Physics of Star Trek. Then don't you think there should be books such as "Religious Wisdom of the Hokage: Looking for God in Naruto." "Pokemon and Philosophy" and "The Physics of Neon Genesis Evangelion"

Some of you reading this may point out that the anime fan community lacks interest in heavy subjects such as philosophy, even as personal interest. This maybe true for some people, but the anime fan community holds people of many interests. There are people in the anime fan community who are philosophy majors, there are obsessive fans who are psychologists, and religious leaders. Even major fan forums and blogs across the Internet have had at least one thread pertaining to a heavy topic such as philosophy and religion at one point or another. Plus the fact numerous anime fans use e-mail, IMs, blogs, and forums to communicate to one another does teach us somewhat about global communications.

It's for this reason that this project was started. Common stereotype views anime fans as a collective nation of obsessive losers. Many fans of the Anime fan community may be obsessive, however we're anything but losers. Given the opportunity we do have lots of things to say about our experiences and views of the world through Japanese animation. Such views should not be limited to our small communities and gatherings, but rather brought into the open where they can be enjoyed by anyone with an interest in anime or pop culture

Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.