Black and White Ball Attire Questions - Post them here

Started by tkdteo, January 06, 2009, 10:51:48 AM

kona_kona

How old do you have to be to attend the B&W Ball?

wonderfinch

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 25, 2010, 06:54:33 PM
Ah, is that what you're wearing? <333 Awesome! I can't wait to see it.

You're still my "date," right? ;D We should track down Mie and ask her along, too.

[/thread hijack]

Yes! I'm not wearing my tights there, though, and I still have to dye my hair flowers XD

Of course~ Marian might be coming along with us, too, since she's in the fashion show. I'll drop Mie a line and see if she can be persuaded to come...

Nina Star 9

Quote from: wonderfinch on May 25, 2010, 08:06:16 PM
Yes! I'm not wearing my tights there, though, and I still have to dye my hair flowers XD

Of course~ Marian might be coming along with us, too, since she's in the fashion show. I'll drop Mie a line and see if she can be persuaded to come...
Haha, then the four of us can find the longest line at the con and stand it in to bring back memories... right? :D (I hope not!)

To keep this more on topic...
I like to dance. A lot. Would it be ill-advised to wear a wig, due to slippage, heat, etc.? My dress isn't... super covering, but not super revealing, either (halter neck, mostly backless to the waist) and made out of a medium-weight cotton, but I'll also be wearing a -ton- of petticoats, and I'm worried about overheating while dancing, mostly. :/ Not really a dress code question, more of just a general advice question for anyone who has worn a wig to the ball before~

tkdteo

Quote from: kona_kona on May 25, 2010, 07:23:35 PM
How old do you have to be to attend the B&W Ball?

The Black and White Ball is open to anyone who is registered for FanimeCon that day.  There is no age restrictions.

- Jim

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 25, 2010, 08:57:03 PM
Quote from: wonderfinch on May 25, 2010, 08:06:16 PM

Haha, then the four of us can find the longest line at the con and stand it in to bring back memories... right? :D (I hope not!)

To keep this more on topic...
I like to dance. A lot. Would it be ill-advised to wear a wig, due to slippage, heat, etc.? My dress isn't... super covering, but not super revealing, either (halter neck, mostly backless to the waist) and made out of a medium-weight cotton, but I'll also be wearing a -ton- of petticoats, and I'm worried about overheating while dancing, mostly. :/ Not really a dress code question, more of just a general advice question for anyone who has worn a wig to the ball before~

I have to say, it can get warm inside the room during the evening.  We will have water there but everyone must remember to keep themselves hydrated.  Dancing and having fun is all part of the BWBall but please remember about your health.  If you are going to be wearing more than two layers or so and you are planning to dance a lot, you are going to get hot.  As for the wig, I haven't heard any suggestions from anyone but I am guessing with all the dancing you will be doing, it can slip... if not it can also make you overheat faster.  Just remember to hydrate yourself.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

Nina Star 9

I've seen people wear wigs, but I'm not sure how comfortable it will be.

Well, I can always take it off and leave it in my room if I end up feeling like it's too hot, right? My room won't be far away.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Eri Kagami

I usually don't wear my wigs to formal dances because my head needs to breathe and cool off after spinning around so much.

xichisex

I have a long, brown satin dress what I know will be fine, but my friend has a cotton dress like this one [ http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/36/7/AAAAAkV7tLMAAAAAADZ_1g.jpg ], but it is black instead of red with the white polka dots. That should be fine, right? Also on her dress it is strapless.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

wonderfinch

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on May 25, 2010, 10:02:19 PM
I've seen people wear wigs, but I'm not sure how comfortable it will be.

Well, I can always take it off and leave it in my room if I end up feeling like it's too hot, right? My room won't be far away.

Thanks for the advice. :D

Mie says she's going to a concert, but she'll meet us there later. And hopefully this line won't be as long as that last line we had to wait in D:

I'd probably just pass on the wig, TBH. I wore one out dancing a little while back, and while slippage wasn't an issue, it got extremely hot under there. Clip-on extensions or a half-wig would be a good alternative, if you have 'em.

tkdteo

Quote from: xichisex on May 26, 2010, 01:48:35 AM
I have a long, brown satin dress what I know will be fine, but my friend has a cotton dress like this one [ http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/36/7/AAAAAkV7tLMAAAAAADZ_1g.jpg ], but it is black instead of red with the white polka dots. That should be fine, right? Also on her dress it is strapless.

The dress looks fine for the dance.  See you at the BWBall.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

tkdteo

2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

michiko nakano

Nina Star 9

I think that I'll just skip the wig or take it off (maybe take some pictures in it and then take it off to actually dance, haha) because I'm afraid of overheating. :<

Thanks for all the advice. <3

Monokuru

Any chance that I can wear any color Ties? or does it have to be black or/and white?

tkdteo

Quote from: Monokuru on May 27, 2010, 08:28:04 PM
Any chance that I can wear any color Ties? or does it have to be black or/and white?

Colored ties are fine but be mindful that it is not so bright that it burns your partners retinas.  :P  But ties are fine and they do not have to be black and white.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

KyuuBob

-kip.

tkdteo

2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

mangomochi

Hi, I am wondering if this dress is appropriate for the ball? Thanks!  :)

tkdteo

Quote from: mangomochi on May 28, 2010, 04:14:42 PM
Hi, I am wondering if this dress is appropriate for the ball? Thanks!  :)

The dress looks fine for the bwball.

- Jim
2010-2012 BWBall Head
2009 BWBall 2nd
2008 BWBall Instructor

michiko nakano

how did the girls with the miniskirts get in?  more importantly, why were they allowed to stay like that?  we're talkin two inches below the crotch.  with jean shorts.