DS Emulator...

Started by Ska_Kitti, January 06, 2009, 10:24:20 PM

Ska_Kitti

I've been searching for awhile, and still I can't find one. Is there an emulator for the DS that supports Japanese games?
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

Knightfire

DS is region free, so wouldn't any DS emulator support foreign games?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Ska_Kitti on January 06, 2009, 10:24:20 PM
I've been searching for awhile, and still I can't find one. Is there an emulator for the DS that supports Japanese games?
I'm taking this question two different ways....

1)If you mean that you want to play JP games on your DS, then go ahead since it was already noted that the DS is region-free.

2)If you are looking for a DS emulator for your PC, then I'm sorry; no one here will link to any sites that have them(check the forum rules). You are on your own.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kazuko

ehh this is a bit against the rules to mention how to get a device to play ds games in any language illegaly, but all ds games are region free even the jp ones

Mizuki

This is a little iffy subject. Emulators are not illegal. But, most emulators need BIOS files, which if you obtain to run an emulator (if needed) is illegal. How can we prove it? We can't. There's other stuff along with it, but it's long and I don't want to explain it. In short, obtaining the emulator is legally able to be discussed. Obtaining ROMS and BIOS files are to not be discussed.

Oh, and to answer the question, I don't think there are any good emulators that run 100%.

Ska_Kitti

Yeah... I wasn't sure about the rules here considering the illegal business. I think I've figured it out. Thank you for all the help. ^_^
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay