make your own anime panel...

Started by wrathborne711, January 31, 2009, 12:37:12 AM

wrathborne711

I'm interested in holding a make your own anime panel(s).

I"m not sure how much interest for doing this that there really is so I'll be blunt.

We live in an age of technology, computers have replaced pencils for the most part, and while 2-D may seem dead, its not. Not by along shot, 3-d animation is wonderful but 2-d will always have its place.

So in this age we the fans have the tools to make our own anime, so as I'm an experience animator as well as starting my own little anime series I was curious how many people are interested in learning how to make their own anime?

The animation program I use is Macromedia (now adobe)flash, which is more than an animation tool used for terrible flash ad's on your favorite webpages. Flash itself is a very powerful tool and is also used for many cartoons(fosters home for imaginary friends, George of the jungle, total drama isle to name a few) as well as those terrible 'E-surance' ads.

While I cant really give a workshop on how to use flash as this is really a program you need to have a class to learn how to use, not to mention 70% of learning how to use flash isnt class exercises, its you just playing around with it and learnign at your own pace out of the class room.

I CAN however give a  panel on how to make your own anime from the ground up. I can cover how to make a character, how to write a story, how to make story boards, as well as how get sound files, music, and voice actors and finally to post your work on the web.

Now even though I've been animating on and off for about 8 years now, have an degree in film production, and I dont have a huge libary of my work online yet.

What I do know by heart is the process to create an animated short film, or series. While it is very time consuming and very demanding, its not impossible if you have an idea, or a story that you truly believe in.

So while this wont be a panel on flash animation(which is about 60% of the work) It is a panel on how to create and develop your own ideas, and if you're determined enough to bring them to life almost all by yourself.  I dont know what the demand will be, but I can teach you the process on how to create professionally. You'd be getting a crash course in animation, screenwriting, story boarding, and some film making as well.

here is a sample of my work, if you don't like horror, don't watch it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/467097

I hope you guys find my pitch acceptable.

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

TC X0 Lt 0X

I support this.
It sounds interesting.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kava

I agree. We get a lot of panels on how to draw and such, but I don't believe we've ever had one that goes into the storyboarding and actual technical processes required to actually bring an animation to life.

I'll look forward to seeing your panel request. ^-^
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels