OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad

Started by Jerry, February 10, 2009, 11:59:28 AM

Jerry

Just when I thought fighting games couldnt get any weirder after DOA and Extreme Volley ball...

I saw this game at Gamestop.com obviously translated from the japanese port):

I thought to myself... what the hell?

anyone else know about this game?, the engine and WTF why are they're half naked samurai girls? :P

from the inital glance at, its supposedly semi like Dead Rising, cept with co-op and samurai girls.

Weird. now if i only had $40.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

PyronIkari

Or you know...

YOU COULD JUST GOD DAMN GOOGLE IT? JUST LIKE WITH DISSIDIA?!??!?!?!?!?

God damn it. Why are all your posts so god damned annoying.

Oneechanbara Vortex is an old game. Based on a series that's existed for a while.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 10, 2009, 08:05:53 PM
Or you know...

Oneechanbara Vortex is an old game. Based on a series that's existed for a while.
His post was not annoying.
If anything, yours was.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

abcbadcat

Quote from: PyronIkari on February 10, 2009, 08:05:53 PM
Or you know...

BAWWWWWWWWWW

People don't spend all their time on the internet and don't know about shitty obscure Japanese games

PyronIkari

Quote from: abcbadcat on February 10, 2009, 09:34:04 PM

BAWWWWWWWWWW

People don't spend all their time on the internet and don't know about shitty obscure Japanese games

Except... he's on the internet... asking... for information... he coulda found... on the internet... faster?

Why don't you idiots try THINKING for a second instead of just replying back and trying to out asshole me? See the difference, is when I'm an asshole I have a point, and I say said point. You guys act like IDIOTS when you try to be assholes.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'm not trying to be an Asshole. I was just defending the guy.
It would be just as easy to inform him nicely.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

PyronIkari

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 10, 2009, 10:14:46 PM
I'm not trying to be an Asshole. I was just defending the guy.
It would be just as easy to inform him nicely.

You defend new people that don't know better. People that actually want to know, but don't know how to get said info on their own. In this case, it's Jerry, who is a perpetual idiot and constantly acts like this. And then uses some reverse logic to make himself seem like he's smarter(and fails) but it keeps him happy to pretend.

Mizuki

Okay, obviously PyronIkari will be PyronIkari, but if you think he's doing something wrong then PM a moderator, don't go posting and saying "I think you're the asshole" or whatever, you're being more of a pain in the butt for me at the moment, because you're just sparking more flames. I swear why can't people learn to not start a flame war. This thread has not gone anywhere other than flaming. I'm locking it for now.

Also abcbadcat, watch your language. I don't want to warn again.

sysadmin

See all, PyronIkari is a total douchebag, but he did give the correct answer in his reply: the overall series is Oneechanbara Vortex.
This thread has both idiocy (total search time: 2 seconds on Wikipedia), idiocy (replies missing the point), and douchebaggery (PyronIkari, you'll get your stuff in due time).

Back on topic:

Oneechanbara Vortex is an older series in Japan, but we don't live in Japan. 

Two games were released in the US just this week: "OneChanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad" and "OneChanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers" (yes, these names are terrible, and, no, they weren't like that in Japan). 
It probably would been more constructive to put the US versions of the games in the OP.

Anyway, it's a hack-and-slash game with bikinis.  I suppose it'll appeal to some and not appeal to others.  GamePro.com and the usual crew have reviews, I reckon.

And with actual useful content, I'll unlock the thread.

If I have to relock this thread for idiocy again, I swear I'll start swinging banhammers and cluebats..

lyricaldanichan

I am currently renting a Wii version and it is not bad for being a mindless slashing game. I wish there is a option to play with either the GC or Classic Controller since playing with the wiimote + numchuck can get quite tiring. How different is the 360 version to the Wii besides the controls?

PyronIkari

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on February 13, 2009, 11:17:51 PM
I am currently renting a Wii version and it is not bad for being a mindless slashing game. I wish there is a option to play with either the GC or Classic Controller since playing with the wiimote + numchuck can get quite tiring. How different is the 360 version to the Wii besides the controls?

It's exactly the same game.

Shinsengumi

I've seen the gameplay on gametrailers.com it is like a hack-and-slash game, makes me want to try it out if I had a 360. If I do I'll rent it and try it out.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

lyricaldanichan

From what I have seen it seems like the Wii version is a Onechanbara lite. Seems like some elements are missing
compared to the 360 version, but then again this is a $30 budget game.

Nanashi

I played the 360 version for a couple hours...and as much as I hate to admit it, I had fun.  :(
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html