Ar Tonelico 2

Started by koji, February 18, 2009, 06:40:14 PM

koji

I just got my copy in from UPS. Game Crazy didn't have it in their system (though they had it on the pre-order list) and the EB in Valley Fair didn't either. Now I just need to find time to get around and play it.

Anyone else got this and can give me an idea of differences from the first? With minimum spoilers? :P

Jerry

I actually found a lonely copy sitting in a "clearance" pile at Fry's but it wasn't on clearance.

I havent opended it yet accept for the mini artbook, so thats why I randomly picked it up.

From what I heard, its a cross between a dating sim/adventure RPG, but then again I havent played the first game so I dont know what to expect.

The last RPG i bought on a whim, [Eternal Poison] was a big let down.

I'm hoping AT2 doesnt disappoint or I'm out another $40 :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Chun

Quote from: koji on February 18, 2009, 06:40:14 PM
I just got my copy in from UPS. Game Crazy didn't have it in their system (though they had it on the pre-order list) and the EB in Valley Fair didn't either. Now I just need to find time to get around and play it.

Anyone else got this and can give me an idea of differences from the first? With minimum spoilers? :P

It's something I'm going to start after I finish Persona 4.

Some differences Include:

Ability to use more than one Reyvateil during normal battles

Block/Attack Phases that allow you to null decrease/increase damage

Dive system still stays the same

I haven't started it yet, but I think those are more of the notables. It's the first game with a different battle system and two new heroines; I assume Grafmelding and the lot of equips still exists.

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

koji

NISA did a horrible job with localizing AT2. Changed names, edited terms, bugs, cut out half the Japanese to fit in an equally incomplete english dub and just failed with readability and grammar.

I didn't get the pre-order extras, but even if I had them it wouldn't be enough to sooth my ire. That said I'll play through once, read online scripts and wait for the fan hack to come out.

LordKefka

I'm so pissed off I have to start P4 over again THEN hit this game over Valkyria Chronicles now... UGH~!

I just hope to at least finish VC before the anime comes out...-_-;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

koji

For what it's worth the actual core story is practically unaltered. So unless you're a die hard fan you should be fine.

I can't help compare Cloche and Luca to Sheryl and Ranka (MacrossF); though they do have different personalities. Croix makes me think of Tiera and Setsuna fusing (Gundam00). That's just me though.