SLeeping schedule?

Started by xOchiix, February 22, 2009, 06:44:07 PM

michiko nakano

I've only been to one convention, but... I got there with my friends on thursday and that night at midnight or so we got in the pre-reg line.  Then after we got our badges Friday morning at eight, we went to the room and changed and ate some ramen... then for the rest of the nights we stayed up til six in the morning and slept til nine in the morning.  It's a lot easier when you're young, I heard.

Steve.Young

It's true, the older I get, the more I have to sleep. Either that or it's because as the older I get, the more work Fanime makes me do year after year....and I gotta crash....

-Steve
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

KyraEnsui

I want to base my sleep on what I am going to do the next day. Like gatherings, gaming, and other exciting things to do. Eating is important, but we can't forget to sleep since the last thing I want to do is to pass out where ever I am at. For me, a good 4 to 8 hours is good.

Azuru

Well, when it's around 7, i'll take a three hour nap until 10 then walk around the con for abit until 2 and go get stuff ready for later that day and get to bed by 3:30am and wake up at 7:30aM for another schedule like this! :)
My cosplay list (still going to be updated)

narutofan17

I noticed this year that passed that I got sleep when I didn't really have anything to do or there wasn't an event that I wanted to go to. That's when I wold break out the power naps. If college has taught me anything that power naps will save you. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Kuromi_Kat

what is this sleeping thing you speak of?

sleep is for the weak at the con!
no, I'm kidding, a few hours here and there. haha, maybe like three hours I will be fine as long as I pick up like an energy drink that is not Monster or Redbull at the Walgreens 

michiko nakano

say, what is the best energy drink?

SimaSeph

Hopefully that "blood" drink that is coming out will be the best energy drink. It is supposed to have the consistency and nutritional value of blood, without the crappy taste.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: michiko nakano on November 05, 2009, 09:54:58 AM

hm, well it depends on the individual.

Me it takes me about 2 Sobe NoFears to stay awake. I happen to prefer NoFear, it tastes good and works. It takes me a whole bottle of NOS (maybe 1 1/2 depending on how tired I am) to stay away, again I like the flavor.

however, Redline puts me to sleep, and 5 Hour energy makes me clench my jaw like crazy >.<.
the others I really just dont like the taste (Monster, RedBull, Rockstar etc.)

So it really depends if your talking flavor wise NoFear or NOS, they may work for you. But it depends really on your preference ^_^

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: SimaSeph on November 05, 2009, 09:58:39 AM
Hopefully that "blood" drink that is coming out will be the best energy drink. It is supposed to have the consistency and nutritional value of blood, without the crappy taste.

i finally read this instead of glancing over it, are you serious? that is really awesome! O.O I mean it will be sold in California? A group wont try to ban it or something saying it is nasty and not right?
And blood does not taste that bad at all.

Thinking about the consistancy of blood, I wonder if many people will be able to keep something like that down, if it has the consistancy of blood... your mind might trick you or something and make you gag hahahaha (I saw that on a show sorry XP).

No but it wold be REALLY cool if they came out with that IN California by Fanime time. I would TOTALLY buy that >.< lol

abcbadcat

Daytime: Walk around and do w/e comes up
Nighttime: PARTY PARTY PARTY PARTY

DentyneIce408

Quote from: michiko nakano on November 05, 2009, 09:54:58 AM

It all depends on the person. For me, I drink Rumba, Samba & Tango, they're energy juice. It's tasty and keeps me strong and awake when needed. I used to drink alot back then but I realize it wasn't necessary.
- Shall I leave my mark whether it's good or bad?
- As long as people remember me famous or infamous,
- I  will remain and roam in this world Alive or Dead.

deonchan

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 05, 2009, 09:27:45 PM

i finally read this instead of glancing over it, are you serious? that is really awesome! O.O I mean it will be sold in California? A group wont try to ban it or something saying it is nasty and not right?
And blood does not taste that bad at all.

Thinking about the consistancy of blood, I wonder if many people will be able to keep something like that down, if it has the consistancy of blood... your mind might trick you or something and make you gag hahahaha (I saw that on a show sorry XP).

No but it wold be REALLY cool if they came out with that IN California by Fanime time. I would TOTALLY buy that >.< lol

Black Diamond Games in Concord already sells it.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

michiko nakano

^crappy taste?  are you kidding me? 

d man n

well unfortuantly cafine/whatever else they put it that stuff dosent effect me hardly at alll unless we're talking mass quanities i have found that 2 5 hour energys take the edge off a bit
Will there be LEMON!!!!???????

narutofan17

Quote from: Kuromi_Kat on November 05, 2009, 07:51:28 AM

no, I'm kidding, a few hours here and there. haha, maybe like three hours I will be fine as long as I pick up like an energy drink that is not Monster or Redbull at the Walgreens 
LOL! As soon as that energy wares off your gonna crash. If I hear snoring in one the video rooms we we'll know who it is. XD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: narutofan17 on November 12, 2009, 12:27:30 PM

LOL! As soon as that energy wares off your gonna crash. If I hear snoring in one the video rooms we we'll know who it is. XD

He's right you know.

One of my friends drinks like 4 RedBulls every time he is over when we LAN Halo3. He still crashes by 5-6AM.
BTW he's probably going to die a horrible death.

Do what I did: TAKE VITAMINs.
Kept me alive along with cheap Subway all con long...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SimaSeph

Meh. I just limit myself to a few hours of sleep. 5 hours a night is plenty for me to run on from about 7 am - 1 am. I'll end up dragging myself along for about an hour to get started in the morning, but as long as you eat regularly, that will also help keep you up and moving. Decent food = energy. Energy drinks = crash.

Also
Quote from: michiko nakano on November 08, 2009, 08:55:28 PM
I don't mind the taste of blood, but some people are less inclined to drink it for the sake of taste. I personally love blood.
Fanime 2010: Sima Yi, Sergei Dragunov, and Sephiroth.
A man's life is but 50 years. It is but a dream - an illusion in the great order of things. None given life in this world can escape destruction.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: SimaSeph on November 12, 2009, 01:45:21 PM
Meh. I just limit myself to a few hours of sleep. 5 hours a night is plenty for me to run on from about 7 am - 1 am. I'll end up dragging myself along for about an hour to get started in the morning, but as long as you eat regularly, that will also help keep you up and moving. Decent food = energy. Energy drinks = crash.

Also
Quote from: michiko nakano on November 08, 2009, 08:55:28 PM
I don't mind the taste of blood, but some people are less inclined to drink it for the sake of taste. I personally love blood.
I don't mind the flavor of blood in moderation, but I would not find drinking  something that tasted like it in a large amount to be very pleasant.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

narutofan17

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on November 12, 2009, 01:41:44 PM
Quote from: narutofan17 on November 12, 2009, 12:27:30 PM

He's right you know.

One of my friends drinks like 4 RedBulls every time he is over when we LAN Halo3. He still crashes by 5-6AM.
BTW he's probably going to die a horrible death.

Do what I did: TAKE VITAMINs.
Kept me alive along with cheap Subway all con long...
Yeah, thats what I do. From what I heard, red bull and other energy drinks speed up your heart rate and thats not a good thing last time I checked. XD. As long as you eat well you should have all the energy you need.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!