Early Review of the Dragon Ball: Evolution movie

Started by venka21, March 16, 2009, 09:03:19 AM

venka21

Anime news network has an early review of the Dragon Ball:Evolution movie.

From the sound of things it's not only as bad as we feared, it's worse.

Lets just say a good number of Dragon Ball fans will be leaving the theater in tears when they see this...
Currently putting togeatherUnited Nation of Otaku: A by fans for fans look at anime/manga from fans and non fans around the world.

PyronIkari

A bunch of my friends have seen it already in Japan. To say the least...

This will be *entertaining*

kollunz

Link to review for those who are lazy
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/dragonball-evolution

I'm not even going to pirate this film.  My money is going to Star Trek.
doot

LordKefka

I wonder if it's worse than that new Chun Li movie that just came out....
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Jerry

ill admit the chun li flick was pretty horrible, but nonetheless a good laugh and semi entertaining.

if anything, I'm willing to see what Spike [from Buffy] will do as Lord Piccolo

and why is Chow Yun Fat not wearing a tortoise shell? eh, at least he's wearing the Hawaiian shirt.

ill be retarded optimistic for this movie, just like i was for the chun li flick :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

G.I.R

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 16, 2009, 12:52:53 PM
A bunch of my friends have seen it already in Japan. To say the least...

This will be *entertaining*
Entertaining like a train-wreck?

Chewie

Movie was utterly terrible. On par with Wing Commander or the Fantastic Four movie from the 80's.

Maybe worth seeing in a theater just to make fun of it obnoxiously loud the entire time.

Maybe.

Dragon Ninja

I not going to bother seeing this movie. I've seen previews of it and it is as bad as everyone says it is. :P

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Runewitt

Quote from: Dragon Ninja on March 21, 2009, 04:22:04 PM
I not going to bother seeing this movie. I've seen previews of it and it is as bad as everyone says it is. :P
i'll be there just to say "omg, wtf, WHY?" also, cause i'll have to clean everything that disgusted movie-goers throw at the screen.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

otakuapprentice

I knew Chun-Li was going to be bad(hence why I didn't see it), but this...........is going to be fun just because it going to be so bad.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Phantom Roxas

Okay, after reading that review, I'm definitely not going to throw away my money just to see how bad it is.

BrightHeart76

Oh dear!  I'm buying a HUGE bag of popcorn for this one.  I love bad movies, they make me laugh!  Just reading the review I was laughing so hard I was crying!  LOL!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

otaku_duckie

The movie was absolutely terrible! Thank god I didn't have to pay for it, I suggest that you go with a few friends and make fun of it the whole time. My friends and I were laughing the entire time!!

Grandpa Gohan is growing more than vegetables in his garden! :D
Visit my deviantart!
http://i-am-miss-duckie.deviantart.com/
someone tell me how to draw feet! >_<

Eliteslayer

The movie was absolutely horrible. Fortunately, it's perfect riffing material; everything was so bad, I could make plenty of jokes about it. If anyone's interested, the review I wrote of it is currently at the top of Yahoo Movie's "Most Helpful" fan reviews, with 95 out of 102 people finding it helpful. Here's the link: http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mid=1809961064&uid=DoGuHUrpi8d6VPg4F9cbUGe3lXfGbjk6IA--&s=&i=0&spl=0

Yes, it's a shameless plug, but I don't feel like repeating everything I said in the review. Trust me when I say it was that bad.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!