after a 'Cold Snap' -> Heroes returns! :D

Started by Jerry, March 24, 2009, 10:03:28 AM

Jerry

* Possible Spoilers ahead. *

I couldnt find my original "Heroes" Chat thread so what the heck, I'm starting a new one. :P
So anyone jumping back on the bandwagon?
I'm finally pleased that a good episode of Heroes suspense and wonderment is back in the series.
For those of you who dont know much about the series here's an expedited recap:

" Previously on Heroes ... "

Season 1: Genesis
[X-men-ish] Mutant like characters in 'save the world' scenarios...
Save the Cheerleader = saving the world.
Evil psycho-path Sylar [killer and powers stealer] - revealed
Crisis averted - NYC blowing up.

Season 2: Generations
A Mysterious "Company" is revealed to have a troubled and shrouded past [as they monitor ppl with abilities]
HRG [Cheerleader's father] and the original founders of the Company partial history is revealed
Crisis averted - The Shanti virus is prevented from a killer pandemic

Season 3: [part 1] Villians
Two competing underground companies fight "Good vs. Evil"
Petrelli father attempts to create a formula for mass ability-giving
Crisis averted - Formula destroyed as well as the companies...

Season 3: [part 2] Fugitives
New government Company capturing ALL those with abilities
A "REBEL" is revealed - as casualties on both sides mount.
scattered, our main characters have little options and almost no where to turn with even less ppl to trust.

... " To be continued ... "

Wootz. anyone else on any comments, possible points of interest? :)

Discuss, rant, repeat.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

rude32

I'm just glad they're bringin back old characters that we haven't heard from in a while.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Trumby

*Spoilers in my post too!*

It's been a while since I really liked a Heroes episode..glad to see a good one again. Also a guy I work with and I knew Rebel would be Micah. The fact that they may have killed Daphne makes me super angry, though. I loved that character.

I'm just curious why Sylar didn't kill Danko since we know he was in his apartment/condo thing from last episode.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Jerry

current rumor mills show Slyar messing with Danko's mind since he's obviously the one who left the puppet master strung up on his apartment.

other rumors say/think that Slyar will work with Danko in his efforts to manipulate Danko into leading him to more 'meals' on the menu.

Keep in mind after Slyar chat with his dad, he has a renewed interest in being the bad ass we loved to hate since seasons 1 and 2.

more synopsis....

Nathan is with Claire [father and daughter team] - on the run.

Peter is with Angela [son and mother team] also on the run.

Ando & Hiro & baby "matt parkman" [the abigiously gay asain duo] now on the run.

Tracy - Ice/Water princess...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Rebel 

Matt Parkman [constantly growing/evolving abilities?] technically doesnt need to run.

Mohinder [may go underground to start a research a removal "cure?" again?]

Slyar and Father [just both freaking crazy psychos looking for "big" game]

who wonders what will happen next?

that and maybe more characters coming back from the dead?

as if enough characters have died already.

BrightHeart76

Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

rude32

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 24, 2009, 05:50:32 PM

Well considering that her frozen eyeball blinked when they did the close-up of it after she was shattered into a million pieces might suggest she is still alive. My theory is she'll pull herself back together like the t-1000 does in T2.

Jerry

actually she technically wasnt blinking... if u look closely she's shedding a tear of sorrow.

but its still up to interpretation.

G.I.R

Quote from: rude32 on March 24, 2009, 06:08:23 PM
Quote from: BrightHeart76 on March 24, 2009, 05:50:32 PM

Well considering that her frozen eyeball blinked when they did the close-up of it after she was shattered into a million pieces might suggest she is still alive. My theory is she'll pull herself back together like the t-1000 does in T2.
More likely they're clones.
And who had to wait until last night to figure out that either Micah was Rebel, or involved with rebel?  Not really a big surprise.

Trumby

Quote from: Jerry on March 24, 2009, 02:26:35 PM
current rumor mills show Slyar messing with Danko's mind since he's obviously the one who left the puppet master strung up on his apartment.

other rumors say/think that Slyar will work with Danko in his efforts to manipulate Danko into leading him to more 'meals' on the menu.

Keep in mind after Slyar chat with his dad, he has a renewed interest in being the bad ass we loved to hate since seasons 1 and 2.

Peter is with Angela [son and mother team] also on the run.

Ando & Hiro & baby "matt parkman" [the abigiously gay asain duo] now on the run.

Tracy - Ice/Water princess...

Matt Parkman [constantly growing/evolving abilities?] technically doesnt need to run.
Yeah, that's why I thought Sylar would have killed him, but I think you're right about the using Danko to hunt down more powers.

I really liked seeing Peter rescue Angela. I knew someone was going to, I just couldn't decide on who it would be. I really want to see him be able to have more than one power at once again, that was badass.

Super excited that Hiro can use his power again. I think them taking his power away is something that made me lose interest. Also Ando went DBZ style, lulz.

I'd think if Danko wouldn't have shot her, she would have lived..same thing I thought about Claire's real mom (can't remember her name right now..), but she died because of the building collapsing.

I think Matt is just getting more comfortable with his power, like how his dad was.

Quote from: Jerry on March 25, 2009, 01:01:15 AM
actually she technically wasnt blinking... if u look closely she's shedding a tear of sorrow.

but its still up to interpretation.
Well her eye closed then reopened. So one could say it was a blink..though it was super long for a blink.
Fanime cosplays (if I can make it..!)
Snowtrooper (Star Wars)
Greed (FMA)
Random pirate
Kurosaki Isshin (working on it now)

Jerry

Considering how many characters they had in season 2 and then killed off, you figure theyre going to kill off *less* important characters...

i mean so they killed off
and
  :P and ironically recycling OLD chracters like Linderman, the "african issak" , and others... its amazing the writers can keep their stories straight.

So mini preview on next week's [Monday 3/30] episode...

"Into Asylum" -
Nathan and Claire run to Mexico [i dunno why that would be the best place to run/fly] too...
Peter and Angela - hide out in a church [meh, like god's house would protect them]...
Danko [with help from Slyar?] goes on a mission to kill more ppl with abilities.

If anything I'm more curious what HRG, Matt Parkman, and Hiro & Ando are gonna be up to.

Cuz if you think about it, its ALL about Hiro and Ando.

Woot for us asians with powahs.

SOawesomeness

Hiro, Ando, and Parkman. <3

Anyone else is like ehhh~
I lose interest watching Big Family fighting and stuff. =.=
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

Yuu

I havent seen it since...about half-way into the second season. I watched it with my grandparents and juts kind of forgot about it when I moved out but I wouldnt mind catching up ab it.
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

shy-cosplayer

Quote from: rude32 on March 24, 2009, 10:16:21 AM
I'm just glad they're bringin back old characters that we haven't heard from in a while.

Can someone please tell me what happened to Molly? Last time I remember, she was living with Matt at the beginning of Season 3.
It's been bugging me ever since... and what happened to Claire's flying boyfriend?

Jerry

Quote from: shy-cosplayer on April 08, 2009, 07:55:57 PM

Can someone please tell me what happened to Molly? Last time I remember, she was living with Matt at the beginning of Season 3.
It's been bugging me ever since... and what happened to Claire's flying boyfriend?

Molly was taken to an 'undisclosed' location in the beggining of season 3. Mohinder & Matt parkman somehow hid her away in some program or something... :P Basically her character went into "hiding" in the fear of Parkman or Mohinder not being able to protect her from Slyar...

Rumor says that she may or may not team up with Micah = now reveals as "REBEL" who was semi working behind the scenes trying to help aid our heroes with his Techo/Hacker l33t skills.

As for West [the flyboy friend of Claire] in the end of season 2, when Claire threaten to take abilities public they had a falling out and she gave him [West] his own Company profile to 'protect him' and he flew off all emo to suppoedly be never heard from again.

Whether or not he was part of the "round up" in the fugitives series is questionable since Danko's team has been killing [behind the scene not on screen time during the episodes] of ppl with abilities left and right.

Other rumors say he may have joined [REBEL, Molly, and other characters conveniently forgotten from seasons past...]

The most recent episodes. are REALLY intense.

without giving out too many spoilers.

HRG's life is totally FUBAR'ed at this point.

All the Patrelli's are literally diggin up secrets from the past- Literally the next episode is called " 1961 " which basically means an episode which focuses on Angela Patrelli's past from about 48 years AGO. such an odd amount of time to go back into the past...

but im sure the writers know what theyre doing...

and is it me? or is Slyar WAY TO FREAKING strong...
to this day, he still has TONS of powers he stole that he NEVER uses on screen: [how bad is his laundry list?]

Slyar has:
healing*
freezing [believe it or not, since season 1]
melting crap into puddles [ a lame one in season 1]
nuclear powers [season season 1]
telekinesis* - his favorite
super hearing [taken in season 1]
illusions [ taken in season 2 ]
Empathy - learned peter's power technically...
Lighting [ taken from elle season 2]
Lie detector [ taken season 2, heh it tingles... ]

and now recently taken:
!

dam Slyar is WAY too powerful. but you love to hate a character like him

He's just gonna rule them all. :P

rude32

Quote from: Jerry on April 09, 2009, 12:28:58 PM
Quote from: shy-cosplayer on April 08, 2009, 07:55:57 PM

Molly was taken to an 'undisclosed' location in the beggining of season 3. Mohinder & Matt parkman somehow hid her away in some program or something... :P Basically her character went into "hiding" in the fear of Parkman or Mohinder not being able to protect her from Slyar...

Rumor says that she may or may not team up with Micah = now reveals as "REBEL" who was semi working behind the scenes trying to help aid our heroes with his Techo/Hacker l33t skills.

As for West [the flyboy friend of Claire] in the end of season 2, when Claire threaten to take abilities public they had a falling out and she gave him [West] his own Company profile to 'protect him' and he flew off all emo to suppoedly be never heard from again.

Whether or not he was part of the "round up" in the fugitives series is questionable since Danko's team has been killing [behind the scene not on screen time during the episodes] of ppl with abilities left and right.

Other rumors say he may have joined [REBEL, Molly, and other characters conveniently forgotten from seasons past...]

The most recent episodes. are REALLY intense.

without giving out too many spoilers.

HRG's life is totally FUBAR'ed at this point.

All the Patrelli's are literally diggin up secrets from the past- Literally the next episode is called " 1961 " which basically means an episode which focuses on Angela Patrelli's past from about 48 years AGO. such an odd amount of time to go back into the past...

but im sure the writers know what theyre doing...

and is it me? or is Slyar WAY TO FREAKING strong...
to this day, he still has TONS of powers he stole that he NEVER uses on screen: [how bad is his laundry list?]

Slyar has:
healing*
freezing [believe it or not, since season 1]
melting crap into puddles [ a lame one in season 1]
nuclear powers [season season 1]
telekinesis* - his favorite
super hearing [taken in season 1]
illusions [ taken in season 2 ]
Empathy - learned peter's power technically...
Lighting [ taken from elle season 2]
Lie detector [ taken season 2, heh it tingles... ]

and now recently taken:
!

dam Slyar is WAY too powerful. but you love to hate a character like him

He's just gonna rule them all. :P

doesn't he also have Isaac Mendez' power as well?

Jerry

oh right.

yes sylar has isaac's power as well.

geez, you figure he doesnt have enough powers.

:P

kollunz

aww I feel sorry for alice (aka Storm). 50 years down there in that crap hole doesn't sound fun.
doot