Can you Pick up Early Reg on Thursday?

Started by TC X0 Lt 0X, April 03, 2009, 02:46:44 PM

TC X0 Lt 0X

I know you can pick up Pre-Regs on Thursday, but my buddy is stuck with a Early Reg Badge (lol). I plan to go on Thursday to pickup my Badge, but I was wondering it my buddy could get his Early Reg Badge. If I remember correctly from last year you can only get Pre-Regs, but my memory may not be accurate and it would not be the most logical thing to Not allow Early Regs to pick them up to, saving more time for staff and attendees during Con hours.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

kaethus

From my experience it's been that Thursday night is for Pre-Registration only. I believe that Early Registration can pick up their badges starting on Friday.
Fanime Attendee 2004 - 2007
Newsletter Staff 2008
Head of Content 2009 - 2010

ewu

that is an affirmativo, thursday pickup is only for pre-reg only. We are not set up for early reg yet.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

SirVincent

ok so if you have not payed for your pass by now you have to get it on Friday? IF so can i still walk a round with out a pass on Thursday?
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: SirVincent on April 06, 2009, 01:02:00 PM
ok so if you have not payed for your pass by now you have to get it on Friday? IF so can i still walk a round with out a pass on Thursday?
yeah that would also be nice to know, to see if it is possible for my friend to be hanging out with me on Thursday.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ewu

the concourse is always open to the public, but almost all programming requires a membership.

There MAY be some stage zero programing but whatever else probably hasn't started yet. Swap meet will be badged.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TC X0 Lt 0X

IC IC.
We just checked his account, and we noted that it was still registered as a Pre-Reg Badge. I was under the idea that it would be changed after March to Early Reg. Who knew? Well, at least he can hang out with me on Thursday with a Pre-Reg too.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

M

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2009, 07:16:44 PM
IC IC.
We just checked his account, and we noted that it was still registered as a Pre-Reg Badge. I was under the idea that it would be changed after March to Early Reg. Who knew? Well, at least he can hang out with me on Thursday with a Pre-Reg too.
I believe that all non-paid accounts are automatically converted to Early-Registration April 1st. One of two things might be happening with his account:

- Account type will be changed when payment is accepted/made.
- Bug in the DB. :P
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: MPLe on April 06, 2009, 08:32:16 PM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on April 06, 2009, 07:16:44 PM
IC IC.
I believe that all non-paid accounts are automatically converted to Early-Registration April 1st. One of two things might be happening with his account:

- Account type will be changed when payment is accepted/made.
- Bug in the DB. :P

Well, it says that it is Pre-Reg and that it is still at $55. I guess we will just see when he pays.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

SirVincent

not cool >:( well its time for me to give up my Thursday night at the Marriott and i was really looking foreword to going for all days this year :'(  oh well some one will be happy.
Some times you have to get away for it all and other times you must get back to it all.

kohana ichibana

I'm having the same delema. I am a group Leader and I pre-reged for Myself, my boyfriend and his roommate but one of my friends decided to go last minute and I just got his ticket today and he's Early Reg.

Oh well. Does anyone know the time Fanime opens Friday?
I'm going to be there the moment those doors open because I don't feel like waiting in line again.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Jerry

Registration hasnt officially posted their hours just yet.

again some public of the areas such as stage zero will be open to everyone, and if your all friends make the most of waiting in line or hangin out.

over the past few years our Reg staff has worked very hard to cut down on wait times so - despite the lag between friends of Pre/Early reg situations you guys wont lose that much time.

again give some props to those hard working reg line, without them you dont get those nifty Fanime badges. ;)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

Thread Necromancy in one of my threads?
Not cool.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

ewu

No, Thursday is only open for pre-reg. Early-reg can only be registered F-M.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

tenton

Quote from: kohana ichibana on April 16, 2010, 08:48:37 AM
I'm having the same delema. I am a group Leader and I pre-reged for Myself, my boyfriend and his roommate but one of my friends decided to go last minute and I just got his ticket today and he's Early Reg.

Just to clarify this, we have a similar situation here; a group leader pre-regged, but a couple of the group members (out of towners. Waaay out of towners. Might classify them as out of hemispherers) are early reg. The group leader can't pick up the registrations for the whole group on Thursday, can he?

ewu

Groups are different, I will check on that.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

kohana ichibana

Quote from: tenton on April 21, 2010, 10:08:35 AM

Just to clarify this, we have a similar situation here; a group leader pre-regged, but a couple of the group members (out of towners. Waaay out of towners. Might classify them as out of hemispherers) are early reg. The group leader can't pick up the registrations for the whole group on Thursday, can he?

From what I understand, that is correct but lets wait until ewu gets back to us.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

AthenaAngie

Oh well. Does anyone know the time Fanime opens Friday?
I'm going to be there the moment those doors open because I don't feel like waiting in line again.

I wanna know too~ I don't really feel like waiting and standing too long in line~ x3

KyraEnsui

They will announced as Fanime is near so just check back a week or two before Fanime weekend.

ichigocorcor

last year i was able to walk around pretty much the entire con on thursday without a badge- i wouldn't worry too much about being early reg as opposed to pre reg. just make sure you get in line to pick up your badge at around... oh, seven in the morning.
Third-Year Fanime Panelist~
Team Lift XMA&Pokemon Cafe
Cosplay Plans