You think that the protesters will return next year. (2010)

Started by G.I.R, May 28, 2009, 12:35:23 PM

Rhornez

lol i remember everyone chanting Kira is god and since i was dressed as Near from death note i said "Where" really loudly everyone laughed meh with the Kira people

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Mi Feng

Quote from: Rhornez on June 18, 2009, 10:39:01 AM
lol i remember everyone chanting Kira is god and since i was dressed as Near from death note i said "Where" really loudly everyone laughed meh with the Kira people
XD my friend is a Near cosplayer, They should have been all HARUHI IS GOD lol is there any vids of that?

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: apsykes on June 08, 2009, 08:49:52 PM
If anyone wants to rick roll them epicly, can someone help me carry these to the front @ Fc(Fanine-Con, Not Further-Confusion, FANNIME-CON!):
-A High Cap. Battery Backup (ones used for computer)
-An 5.1(Min) Amp Speaker System
-5 Speakers
-1 Subwoofer
-Mp3 with "never gonna give you up" downloaded into it?

We'll Also need some people with camcorders, and ect.
I would if I did not think Rick-Roll was FAIL.
Just like the Caramel Dansen.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Lan Moore

They have been there both years I went, 2008 and 2009. I hope they come, we must plan for them. Oh and enjoy this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLpZJaZlSk
video of their protest.

Haruka

Good God, I hope they come back next year.  For I have plans...
(cue ominous music)
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

Lan Moore

Quote from: Haruka on June 24, 2009, 06:57:33 PM
Good God, I hope they come back next year.  For I have plans...
(cue ominous music)
I want to know!

Haruka

Now, now...good things come to those who wait...until 2010.  You know, "patience is a virtue" and all that crap.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

kittymaxwell2004

I think more people should dress up as Jesus!! They could all stand next to the protesters and everyone can take pictures! Make it out to be another fun cosplay gathering!! XD Haha! That'd be funny! >:3

CorellianJones

I was not at your 09 convention to witness the witnessers...is that a word? I don't think so, but I digress. I was not there to hear the protestations being issued forth upon the masses. Nay! I sayith unto thee!  I, your most humblest of servants (actually I'm quite evil by nature) have a suggestion.

This is The Flying Spaghetti Monster

He or she (I honestly can't tell which) is the one true noodly pasta goodness god! Below is a graph showing the global temperature Vs. the number of pirates. What this has to do with his or her pastaness I haven't a clue because I was too lazy to read the text. I think Pirates might really like spaghetti but I could be wrong.

I further point out the following:

The Pastafarian "belief of heaven" contains a beer volcano and a stripper factory.Hell is similar, except that the beer is stale, and the strippers have STDs.

Now for my conclusion, if there be any!

1. There is a god literally made of spaghetti! Yummy Spaghetti!

2. The pasta deity likes pirates, or the other way around. Perhaps it may be a mutual fondness.

3. Heaven contains a BEER volcano and a STRIPPER factory! What's not to like about that?

I say unto to you now, here, and possibly in the future tense that Fanimecon adopt The Flying Spaghetti Monster as it's own religion and or possibly it's mascot. Think about it. Do you like spaghetti? Fancy a pirate (I know some of you must)? The Volcano filled with beer and stripper factory admittedly might be going a bit too far for an anime convention so we could make that purely optional. Sure this will possibly anger the religious protesters, but as I hinted earlier, I am evil by my very nature.

I take my leave of you now filled with hunger for pasta, a need for a cold one, and a naughty girl dressed as a pirate.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

TC X0 Lt 0X

Lulz, haven't seen The Flying Spaghetti Monster in forever...

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Liquid

Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

TC X0 Lt 0X

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

G.I.R

Beer Me!

Why beer is better than Christianity:

10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.
9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
8. Beer has never caused a major war.
7. They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves.
6. When you have a Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
5. Nobody's ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured for his brand of Beer.
4. You don't have to wait more than 2000 years for a second Beer.
3. There are laws saying Beer labels can't lie to you.
2. You can prove you have a Beer.
1. If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.

Liquid

Quote from: G.I.R on October 06, 2009, 12:09:00 AM
Beer Me!

Why beer is better than Christianity:

10. No one will kill you for not drinking Beer.
9. Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex.
8. Beer has never caused a major war.
7. They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves.
6. When you have a Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away.
5. Nobody's ever been burned at the stake, hanged, or tortured for his brand of Beer.
4. You don't have to wait more than 2000 years for a second Beer.
3. There are laws saying Beer labels can't lie to you.
2. You can prove you have a Beer.
1. If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop.

Epic.
Tyler R. - Fanime Staff
2009 & 2010 Rovers - Suits
2011 Rovers - Graveyard Base
2012 Rovers - Second & Head of Suits
2013 Con Ops - Assistant Trouble Shooter

PhDPepper

2010 should be my first Fanime and seeing protesters will be weird.

Someone should have a Haruhism gathering at that spot, and pass out fliers and everything =D.

Archangel045

I was actually hoping to have a Counter-Protestor group going on on Sunday against them.  Dress like Jesus-Freaks (I am Christian so I use that term to describe the uber-ratical ones), wear fanny packs with "Jebus lubs uz!" shirts and stand with signs on the opposite side of the protestors to protest back.  Not sure what my group of friends are doing on that day, but this was just an idea I had (Having gone 2 years not seen counter-protestors).  Who would be interested is my only question.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Archangel045 on October 19, 2009, 11:09:18 AM
I was actually hoping to have a Counter-Protestor group going on on Sunday against them.  Dress like Jesus-Freaks (I am Christian so I use that term to describe the uber-ratical ones), wear fanny packs with "Jebus lubs uz!" shirts and stand with signs on the opposite side of the protestors to protest back.  Not sure what my group of friends are doing on that day, but this was just an idea I had (Having gone 2 years not seen counter-protestors).  Who would be interested is my only question.

Sounds like it would cause more of a problem then it would fix.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.