Multi-part skit

Started by Haruka, May 31, 2009, 08:48:32 PM

Haruka

I've already begun concocting my skit for next year and have happened upon a great idea.  Basically, I need to know from the Powers That Be if it would be possible to have a 3-part skit at Masquerade next year?  It would be a combined 2min30sec (30sec, 30sec, 1min30secs).  The concept will work as a straight out skit, but would be funnier split up.  Would this be possible?  If so, how would I indicate a 3 part skit when I register for next year?
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21

PyronIkari

Quote from: Haruka on May 31, 2009, 08:48:32 PM
I've already begun concocting my skit for next year and have happened upon a great idea.  Basically, I need to know from the Powers That Be if it would be possible to have a 3-part skit at Masquerade next year?  It would be a combined 2min30sec (30sec, 30sec, 1min30secs).  The concept will work as a straight out skit, but would be funnier split up.  Would this be possible?  If so, how would I indicate a 3 part skit when I register for next year?

I'm not 100% about fanime, but this was banned at AX and other conventions because it basically gives unfair advantages. It causes skits to be longer than the designated time. It's basically a loop hole usage that was deemed against the rules.

Mew

IIRC, there was a multi-part skit a few years ago. Can't remember how long it was in total. I don't know how the rules on it have changed since, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer allowed. Since your skit would be only two and a half minutes altogether though, who knows, maybe it'd be allowed. You'd have to get the official word from someone else on it though.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Rette

Quote from: GokuMew2 on May 31, 2009, 11:06:05 PM
IIRC, there was a multi-part skit a few years ago. Can't remember how long it was in total. I don't know how the rules on it have changed since, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's no longer allowed. Since your skit would be only two and a half minutes altogether though, who knows, maybe it'd be allowed. You'd have to get the official word from someone else on it though.

I remember that skit... it was looooooooooooooong. I'm pretty sure that's been outlawed. The only way to have a longer skit now is to do a special performance and be excluded from judging.

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

angeljibrille

No, this is prohibited under current and future rules.

You may be in one skit and/or performance, that's it.

Sorry!

Marisa
Masquerade Coordinator

Kimiko

The multi skit from a few years back, was NOT a skit entered in the masquerade (for the contest). It was supposed to be a special performance and that's it. However, for some reason, the heads made it get split up into 2 (or 3) parts, thus confusing a LOT of people and many people thinking it was entered in the contest and being extremely unfair. I think after that year, they officially made the "special performances" part of the masquerade, which I think is a great idea for those who do NOT want to enter the contest ^_^
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi