Death Note 2010 Gathering *5/26 Final Update!* Jump Checkers Sunday Morning!

Started by CaptTreasureTroveTi, June 06, 2009, 07:30:09 PM

CaptTreasureTroveTi

The Cosplay.com thread for this gathering is here: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=183441

Deathnote Cosplayers: I am running the gathering now, but I would like to know if the photo order at the bottom is what everyone wants or are their suggestions. Please let me know. Also would a group of Deathnote cospeeps want to join in to a Cosplay Checkers Game?
Squidges
BSaphire

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

DATE: Sunday
TIME: 2:30 PM (1/2 hour before the Shonen Jump Gathering)

Death Note Event
Participate in Shonen Jump Cosplay Checkers Sunday Morning:
Looking for a group to maybe team up against Naruto in game #2
Team Deathnote:
Hara as Misa
Rhornez as L
Vasyenka as Mikami

Current Cosplayer Count: 22 +6

CHARACTERS
Kiras
LIGHT: RyuSan777, hunnybunny666's friend (or L), flyinvee11, Starherd's Friend, ?zelos888
MISA:  hunnybunny666, Mushdoomx, Starherd's Friend, Hara, ?Mi Feng
MIKAMI: explosive_artist, Vasyenka,
TAKADA:

Wammy House
WATARI:
L: Rhornez (or as Near), Dark Miko, hunnybunny666's friend (or Light), SangSeiku, Starherd, Edward Elric's friend, ?kakashifangurl1,
MELLO: ?Mi Feng's friend
MATT:  Kites-kun, Edward Elric (or Near or Mello), ?Wilbur-tan, ?Mi Feng,
NEAR: SangSeiku's friend, ?kakashifangurl1's friend
ROGER:
BEYOND BIRTHDAY: Death_Note_Matt

NPA
SOICHIRO:
MATSUDA:
AIZAWA:
MOGI:
IDE:
UKITA:

SPK
RESTER:
GEVANNI:
LIDNER:
RATT:
MCENROE:
GARDNER:

Yotsuba
HIGUCHI:
NAMIKAWA:
OOI:
MIDO:
TAKAHASHI:
SHIMURA:
KIDA:
HATORI:

Other Humans
SAYU YAGAMI:
SACHIKO YAGAMI:
RAYE PENBER:
NAOMI MISORA:
AIBER:
WEDY:
LIND L. TAILOR:
JACK NEYLON:
DEMEGAWA:
POTATO CHIP VENDOR: AgehaMist

Shinigami
RYUK:
REM:
GELUS:

PHOTO POSES/IDEAS
GROUPS: all of each character, all Kiras, all Wammy House characters, all SPK, all of Mello's gang, all Shinigami, Yotsuba group, Yagami family, NPA/Japanese Task Force
PAIRINGS: Light/Misa
HUMOR: Ryuk (something with apples ...); all Lights eating potato chips; Lights getting Misa and Mikami [and Ryuk, Rem] to join chip feast
2010 Organizer of: Death Note, Pandora Hearts

*is still uploading Fanime 2009 photos x.x*

kakashifangurl1

Okay here we go ;D:
I might be coming as L
My friend (known as BumbleB on these forums) might be coming as either Matt or Misa
Her friends might be coming as Light and Mello
My friend might be coming as Near.

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Quote from: kakashifangurl1 on June 06, 2009, 08:52:04 PM
Okay here we go ;D:
I might be coming as L
My friend (known as BumbleB on these forums) might be coming as either Matt or Misa

Excellent! I've added all of ye there. ;)

RyuSan777

lights comming back to beat L's face again in badmitten! lol
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Quote from: RyuSan777 on June 06, 2009, 11:49:41 PM
lights comming back to beat L's face again in badmitten! lol

ROFL, mate. ;P I'll add you right away.

L: You mean "badminton", Yagami-kun. *crunches on Hello Panda*

The Crypt

Its the 21st century CURE!!

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Rhornez

im a maybe in being either L or Near otherwise yea..

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Quote from: Rhornez on June 07, 2009, 11:08:55 AM
im a maybe in being either L or Near otherwise yea..
*adds you as both* Tell me which when con approaches. ;)

Sora

"Don't give me any orders."

CaptTreasureTroveTi

hunnybunny666

My first con. ;D I love the title. I'll be Misa Misa for sure! I'm worried I'll end up going by myself, though. The number of friends I have that cosplay are equal to or less than zero. I don't think I even know anyone that reads DN. Wish me luck haha.

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Quote from: hunnybunny666 on June 14, 2009, 11:17:55 PM
My first con. ;D I love the title. I'll be Misa Misa for sure! I'm worried I'll end up going by myself, though. The number of friends I have that cosplay are equal to or less than zero. I don't think I even know anyone that reads DN. Wish me luck haha.
*adds you as Misa*
Glad to have you!
It's okay to go by yourself ... that's sort of what I did this year, although I did find/catch several of my friends at random places at random times and not all of them cosplayed.

Eh? We on this thread all read DN! xD
One thing I really liked about con [recent Fanime was my first] was that you can make a LOT of friends even if you don't know anyone's name at the end [just character names xD]. It's amazing. ;P

hunnybunny666

Quote from: CaptTreasureTroveTi on June 16, 2009, 12:48:44 PM
Quote from: hunnybunny666 on June 14, 2009, 11:17:55 PM
*adds you as Misa*
Glad to have you!
It's okay to go by yourself ... that's sort of what I did this year, although I did find/catch several of my friends at random places at random times and not all of them cosplayed.

Eh? We on this thread all read DN! xD
One thing I really liked about con [recent Fanime was my first] was that you can make a LOT of friends even if you don't know anyone's name at the end [just character names xD]. It's amazing. ;P

Teehee, you're just poking fun at me, you know what I meant when I said I don't know anyone who reads DN. :P

I don't doubt that everyone's really friendly! =)

Hmm, I have a conundrum. Does real hair get messed up really easy at Fanime from humidity? I know, it depends on weather. But California is pretty consistent around the start of summer. I already have my asian black hair dyed blonde as you can see by my avatar... and I think by May next year I'll have extensions, but from what I'm reading on forums... 95% of people wear wigs to cosplay. I lurked a thread talking about using real hair, and the consensus was that wigs stay perfect and real hair...doesn't. A lot of people even frowned upon real hair since anime characters have awesome hair. :/ Misa's hair is obviously very well groomed to the point of perfection, and I want my hair to be like that for the role! I'd feel like a dumb boob with a blonde wig over my blonde hair. What do you think?

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Quote from: hunnybunny666 on June 18, 2009, 07:30:35 PM
Hmm, I have a conundrum. Does real hair get messed up really easy at Fanime from humidity? I know, it depends on weather. But California is pretty consistent around the start of summer. I already have my asian black hair dyed blonde as you can see by my avatar... and I think by May next year I'll have extensions, but from what I'm reading on forums... 95% of people wear wigs to cosplay. I lurked a thread talking about using real hair, and the consensus was that wigs stay perfect and real hair...doesn't. A lot of people even frowned upon real hair since anime characters have awesome hair. :/ Misa's hair is obviously very well groomed to the point of perfection, and I want my hair to be like that for the role! I'd feel like a dumb boob with a blonde wig over my blonde hair. What do you think?

Hmm ... I use my real hair when I cosplay ... but I have dark hair and usually cosplay dark-haired characters anyhow. I don't think the weather at Fanime really messes with your hair, but if you want a REALLY perfect cosplay, a wig would be good. :]
As for blonde on blonde ... it's up to you. There were a lot of people with wigs this year, but I don't recall anyone negatively criticizing anyone for a over-the-top cosplay or a not-enough cosplay.
Personally, I say to use the wig you need to, and, if not, you'll be fine spending more time and money on other aspects of your cosplay.
But that's just my opinion. The threads you've researched say otherwise. ^^;

Mi Feng

Quote from: kakashifangurl1 on June 06, 2009, 08:52:04 PM
Okay here we go ;D:
I might be coming as L

Thanks kakashifangurl for signing me up ahead of time^^

Actually I was known as BumbleB so u can change it to Mi Feng now.

Dark Miko

Ah you make me want to go as L again next year D: I couldn't make it this year because it was on Friday but I totally wanted to play badminton xD

Eh. I'll think about it. If I do go... I shall get better hair products! o:< And get a shorter haircut. -Cough-
I be random. 8D

CaptTreasureTroveTi

Quote from: Dark Miko on June 22, 2009, 08:23:32 PM
Ah you make me want to go as L again next year D: I couldn't make it this year because it was on Friday but I totally wanted to play badminton xD

Eh. I'll think about it. If I do go... I shall get better hair products! o:< And get a shorter haircut. -Cough-

*adds ye as L*

Quote from: Mi Feng on June 21, 2009, 09:10:12 PM
Actually I was known as BumbleB so u can change it to Mi Feng now.
*salute*

Dark Miko

Mkay. It's possible I will go but if I can't make it, I'll notify you ahead of time~
If I do go... I shall bring birdies! >:] (and my awesome badminton racket of course)
I be random. 8D

Sammy-kins

hey, i'm a maybe on misa. (Sammy-kin's sister. Not actually her.)