Bleach Gathering 2011 (You're Invited to Aizen's Birthday Bonanza!)

Started by Yukari Kaiba, June 17, 2009, 03:01:46 PM

How did you like the 2010 gathering?

awesome! 8D
20 (42.6%)
it was alright /=
5 (10.6%)
it failed DX
1 (2.1%)
didn't go
21 (44.7%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Yuu

Quote from: waffle-lover26 on November 14, 2009, 04:14:06 PM
The newest chapter tempted me to bang my head on a wall, or rather bang Ichigo's head on a wall.
All of the Byakushi vs. Ken-chan stuff makes me laugh. The true BRain vs. Brawn battle.

hehe yes it was.
Much like Crane v Crab in L5R.-A REALLY awesome card game. You guess should play it. That way my 'filthy crab' references wont be lost on you.=D
" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

Yuu

Quote from: Eliteslayer on November 14, 2009, 05:08:00 PM
Let's face it, you'll be hard-pressed to find a shonen series where the main character doesn't end up far more powerful than the other, more experienced, characters. It's a pretty common formula, so when Unohana was thinking about how Ichigo's reiatsu was above captain-class, I wasn't surprised, although I was disappointed that Kubo took that easy route.

However, Kenpachi and Byakuya still continue to own all. The way they both got Yammy right in the face while acting as though he wasn't there -- a perfect "Stay out of this!" moment -- that was gold.

I don't know, the 'Shonen' excuse can only go so far. Bleach is the WORST by a long shot. I don't really know why. maybe it's because most shonen don't really have too many other 'main characters' and if they do they aren't developed enough for any to care. Kubo is very skilled at creating liklable, in depth characters. Mayeb that's why watching Ichigo take all the glory is so much worse.

Quote from: MidnightRosebud on November 12, 2009, 11:47:50 PM

I thought it was entertaining. The two finally go for each other's throats and manage to defeat Yammy in the process only because he's "int the way." Though what happened to the creeper, and Nemu?

IS that what happened? HA! I thought the other way round ( they WERE trying to kill Yammay and were getting in each others way)

I''m more concerned with what happened to Rukia nad Renji. Mom didn't even bother to heal them. Which pretty much implies they're done existing in the rest of the story.

Oh, has a few pictures from Aki-con. It was small con, hence a VERY small turn out. Warning- Szayal being..Szayal

http://s951.photobucket.com/albums/ad351/fumetsuda/Bleach/

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: Eliteslayer on November 14, 2009, 05:08:00 PM
Not to mention the whole "the more clothes I have remaining, the more reiatsu I have" thing can probably be contradicted by flipping through any early volume. I'm pretty sure he just made that up on the spot to serve as an example of how much reiatsu Ichigo had left and to give him an excuse to be fully-clothed when he arrives to save the day. (Sorry, fangirls, you had your shirtless scene, now let's move on.)

Ooooh so true. Since when has it represented his reiatsu? ><;;
As for the "shirtless" scenes it was more "please!! Put it back ooooooon!!" -hides eyes-

@ Yuu
Nice photos :D
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

ToshiX

@midnight - the creeper and nemu are plotting behind the scenes like another group  ;D

It is cold in the Bay and I like it =)
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???

Eliteslayer

@Yuu: Oh, I'm certainly not defending it, I'm just saying it's pretty common, so I wasn't surprised. I do wish Kubo had been more creative than that, though.

Also, who's seen the latest ep? At any rate, my thoughts:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

ToshiX

LULZ Bleach dubbed Grimjaw finally release so it is going to head toward the amagi filler arc weeee  :P

what's with Nel putting master in front of all the espada's names?
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

MidnightRosebud

Quote from: ToshiX on November 14, 2009, 07:06:56 PM
@midnight - the creeper and nemu are plotting behind the scenes like another group  ;D

It is cold in the Bay and I like it =)

-cracks up- Ahhhhh, I see
And if you're talking about the Bay Area, then I'd have to agree. Though, anywhere with cold weather is absolutely wonderful. :)

@Elite
Huh. Maybe I should actually watch some more of the anime right now, everyone's making it sound interesting with the zanpakatou coming to life and everything. xD
Catch the Barrel/Prize: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,10013.msg255958.html#msg255958

Cosplay 2010
~Bleach: Yadomaru Lisa
~Soul Eater: Gorgon Medusa
~Naruto (Shippuden): Hyuuga Hinata
~CardCaptor Sakura: Mirror Card
~Fairy Tail: Lucy

Yuu

Quote from: Eliteslayer on November 14, 2009, 09:50:34 PM
@Yuu: Oh, I'm certainly not defending it, I'm just saying it's pretty common, so I wasn't surprised. I do wish Kubo had been more creative than that, though.

Also, who's seen the latest ep? At any rate, my thoughts:

Dragon Ninja

Quote from: ToshiX on November 14, 2009, 10:09:26 PM
LULZ Bleach dubbed Grimjaw finally release so it is going to head toward the amagi filler arc weeee  :P

what's with Nel putting master in front of all the espada's names?
Well, I checked and after neek week's episode 167, there will be a rerun of the first bleach movie, then the week after that, the premire of the second movie. New episodes will go on hiatus after that.

Fanime 2013:
Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto Shippuden)
Ichigo Kurosaki (Bleach)
The 9th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Downloads & Fansubs are evil. Support the Anime industry. Buy DVDs NOW

Yuu

*Walks in GLARING*

You!! ..I just walked into Tige's place and was met with Dookies..on TOSHIS BEHALF via Mom!!

What kind of mother ARE YOU?!  

*Seething* Just wait until Sakuracon...I'll..plan soemthing for then.

BTW- One of my friends just asked " Hey, what's the name of that jerk in Bleach?
Everyone else: WHich Jerk?
"ichigo!"
"Aizen"?
"Gin"?
"Grimmjow"?
ect..

Charis

Quote from: Yuu on November 15, 2009, 02:30:16 PMYou!! ..I just walked into Tige's place and was met with Dookies..on TOSHIS BEHALF via Mom!!

... not the kind who abuses her children.  Tige is a filthy liar.

Minazuki has come upstairs because it is finally cold down here in Santa Barbara.  He is currently oozing over the foot of the bed, but at night he becomes a pretty good footwarmer.  Useful zanpakutou is useful, hee.
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

ToshiX

I don't know if I have met or not met Tige yet, but from the sound of it I would like to meet him/her lol
"It Becomes Water"

Cosplays
???

Yuu

Quote from: Charis on November 15, 2009, 07:59:04 PM
Quote from: Yuu on November 15, 2009, 02:30:16 PMYou!! ..I just walked into Tige's place and was met with Dookies..on TOSHIS BEHALF via Mom!!

... not the kind who abuses her children.  Tige is a filthy liar.

Minazuki has come upstairs because it is finally cold down here in Santa Barbara.  He is currently oozing over the foot of the bed, but at night he becomes a pretty good footwarmer.  Useful zanpakutou is useful, hee.

Well, Tige only gives me poking and worse hugs unless requested by You, Charis. Also, was I ever official made one og you children?

Toshi: hehe you have not and likely will never meet him. If you do, you WONT like him. he lives to irritate EVERYONE and cosplays Tyki-incentive to pick on you.

Black Kawaii Kitty

Once I get done with Katen all her layers will make a wonderful comforter for my bed ahahahahaha....ha...X_X

sael

Quote from: Black Kawaii Kitty on November 16, 2009, 01:18:17 AM

Once I get done with Katen all her layers will make a wonderful comforter for my bed ahahahahaha....ha...X_X
O.o would it really be wise to wear something that warm in the summer?

WrentheFaceless

@Charis: You really need someone thats cosplaying Minazuki's human form carrying around the plush behind you

@Kitty: Yar =/ Katen is not a summer cosplay x.x  Fans?

Black Kawaii Kitty

@Wren- you know I've done worse x.x as long as we make the skull detachable then I'll be fine =3 *grabs fan* haha I should just make one to carry around, it'd fit her perfectly XD

@chaosbark-  Oh yeah it's fine. Fanime is one of the better cons for me to do big costumes because if I need to I can go straight back to the hotel room to rest ^.^

Charis

Quote from: WrentheFaceless on November 16, 2009, 09:44:20 AM
@Charis: You really need someone thats cosplaying Minazuki's human form carrying around the plush behind you

Find me a human-form Minazuki and I'll let them carry the plush.  :P  I don't know of anyone doing it.

As for Katen, it may not be as bad as it looks, depending on materials.  Using something breatheable for the base layer would probably help a huge bit, and the neck and wrists are exposed, which are major heat loss points -- and I think the legs too?  (Things I have learned in the course of wearing too many ridiculously warm cosplays. XD )
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Black Kawaii Kitty

Quote from: Charis on November 16, 2009, 10:47:39 AM
Quote from: WrentheFaceless on November 16, 2009, 09:44:20 AM

Find me a human-form Minazuki and I'll let them carry the plush.  :P  I don't know of anyone doing it.

As for Katen, it may not be as bad as it looks, depending on materials.  Using something breatheable for the base layer would probably help a huge bit, and the neck and wrists are exposed, which are major heat loss points -- and I think the legs too?  (Things I have learned in the course of wearing too many ridiculously warm cosplays. XD )

Yeah as long as I keep the weight down as much as possible then it'll be manageable.
*raises hand* I wanna carry Minazuki if we don't get a human-form cosplayer XD If someone did the twins we'd have all three and that'd be pretty epic X3

WrentheFaceless

The Sogyo twins would make good plushes if we couldnt find actually twins to cosplay them lol.