First #fanime Meetup! =D

Started by Stythys, July 08, 2009, 12:53:30 AM

Stythys

Hey guys! Just wanted to let everyone know, we had our first meetup with some regulars from our IRC chatroom, and it was a great success =]. It was quite a nice day out, and it included some shopping at samio (<3), browsing cemeteries, missing buses, and getting chased by squirrels. Or, in other words, we walked and explored some parts of SF, including Japantown, the mission on 16th, Golden Gate Park, and finished with dinner at Pacific Catch. We all had a great time, so hopefully more people will join the channel and we can get a bigger gathering next time =D.

Oh, and here are some photos! ^_^

(yes, someone in the photos was masked out. If you want to see her, you have to join! =D)
"We should not be less than what we are."

Kertus

Had an awesome time! ;D Such a fun time out exploring the city and hanging out with people from the irc channel!
Mario '06. Sven '08. Jared '09. Gai '10. Cobra '11. Kenji '12. Spike '13.
irc.rizon.net #fanime Click here to connect to IRC

Jerry

i find it oddly amusing that the only female is 'masked' out.

I'm guessing for privacy reasons - or she is a minor. :P

I would if i could, but driving to SF isnt in my budget :P [with parking and the omgwtf @ all the one ways streets and crazy pedestrians trying wash my windows. ]

or if you give the boards an earlier noticed, maybe there will be larger meetups.

i got an e-mail from BayAnime.com and a Cosplayer [rightly named] Sailor moon will be having a photo op in Japan town:
http://bayanime.com/sailor-moon-cosplay-meet-and-photo-op-japantown-peace-plaza-11-jul-09/?utm_campaign=20090705&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

and of course I'll probably be in the downtown SJ Obon Festival this weekend:
http://www.sjbetsuin.com/Events/HomePage

See? there's plenty of social events this summer.

come out and adventure ne? :P

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

chococlatte

codex biblio

Purely privacy reasons. :-) Thanks, Stythys.

Considering this meet-up was such short notice, thank you-guys for coming out and joining me. It was so much fun! The misadventures made it even more interesting. I don't think I've laughed so much ever. And I'm thankful to say, I didn't see that stalker squirrel outside my window this morning, so I'm safe. :-)

'till next time! (Maybe we'll actually make it to tea!)

Stythys

"We should not be less than what we are."

outcast

Quote from: codex biblio on July 08, 2009, 09:46:59 AM
Purely privacy reasons. :-) Thanks, Stythys.

Considering this meet-up was such short notice, thank you-guys for coming out and joining me. It was so much fun! The misadventures made it even more interesting. I don't think I've laughed so much ever. And I'm thankful to say, I didn't see that stalker squirrel outside my window this morning, so I'm safe. :-)

'till next time! (Maybe we'll actually make it to tea!)

that squirrel was hilarious,lol. It was a good meet in the end, and no worries there will be tea next time..

aznmagic2015

I found it odd that EVERYTHING was closed on tuesday...Plus that tea place was closed on the 1st Tuesday of the month...which was the day of the meetup...

codex biblio

Quote from: aznmagic2015 on July 08, 2009, 01:03:36 PM
I found it odd that EVERYTHING was closed on tuesday...Plus that tea place was closed on the 1st Tuesday of the month...which was the day of the meetup...

I'm really thinking it was a conspiracy. But we'll do better next time. Tea and scones at all cost!

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.