Firefly/Serenity/Whedon with Blackjack (21) and Mahjong 2016 (Updated 11/30/15)

Started by Rodney_Pheonix, November 06, 2009, 06:20:49 PM

Jerry

my roommate and I might be doing a River/Simon Cosplay - outfits are simple enough.

assuming we could make it to the gathering we'll see you around the Con.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

felicity869

Not sure if I'll be free but if I am and this actually happens then I'd be happy to join in. A Nerf war sounds fun. I've got a steampunked nerf gun. :)  Triva would be rad. Wish I had a rad firefly cosplay but no such luck. I do own a Jayne hat though.

HappyHeretic

My wife and I will try to attend this if it fits in out schedule.  I would be Mal and she would be Kaylee.

Rodney_Pheonix

That's what I get for not paying attention to things.

I'm figuring lunch-ish on saturday, just a small get together in a dis-ued corner of the game room. It seems that the nerf duel idea's been shot down. So that's gone. I'll work on the Whedon trivia, but that's on the back burner after: Classes, Job Hunt, Welding Certification, Prop fabrication for Fanime, getting parts to start work on my Callahan Fullbore Autolock replica. Probably not going to be as exact to the show. Probably going to be a variation on the design with the base elements. Perhaps more of a "mass production" version rather than the highly customized Ccallahan that is Vera.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

Mordyan

No worries if you don't get the trivia done. Real life gets in the way of our fantasy ones. ;) Just getting some pictures with everyone will be cool. So the plan is Saturday at 12:00 ish in the game room?

Finished my Jayne cosplay. No Vera however. I did find a decent looking toy pistol (western revolver) that meets the Fanime Weapons policy requirements and have rigged a holster for it. I will get it peace bonded on Saturday.

Mordyan

Rodney_Pheonix: I notice in your signature that you are doing a wastelander costume from Fallout. What day were you planning on wearing it? I have a vault 101 costume that I am planning on wearing Sunday. Would be cool to get a couple of pictures together.

BSaphire

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on April 20, 2010, 10:52:14 PM
That's what I get for not paying attention to things.

I'm figuring lunch-ish on saturday, just a small get together in a dis-ued corner of the game room. It seems that the nerf duel idea's been shot down. So that's gone. I'll work on the Whedon trivia, but that's on the back burner after: Classes, Job Hunt, Welding Certification, Prop fabrication for Fanime, getting parts to start work on my Callahan Fullbore Autolock replica. Probably not going to be as exact to the show. Probably going to be a variation on the design with the base elements. Perhaps more of a "mass production" version rather than the highly customized Ccallahan that is Vera.

I haven't heard from you and would like to know if you want this gathering on the official list. I was thinking that the new patio location with the tables would be a good location to hold the trivia and the gathering. It is available @ noon on Saturday. PM me the info
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

Quote from: Mordyan on May 14, 2010, 12:32:11 PM
Rodney_Pheonix: I notice in your signature that you are doing a wastelander costume from Fallout. What day were you planning on wearing it? I have a vault 101 costume that I am planning on wearing Sunday. Would be cool to get a couple of pictures together.

Plan?.....Ummm...not a clue. Well Sunday I'm going to be in costume for the Valve Gathering. Though if I can get my gear together for my HECU Engi. cosplay, I can easily swap to my Wastelander from that. If I have to fall back to my hunter cosplay it may be harder to change because of the stage makeup I'll be using. (well.. I said wastelander, doesn't necessarily mean that isn't a ghoul.)

I'll see what I can do.

Finals and such are taking up a lot of my time right now.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

BSaphire

@Rodney_Pheonix: I sent you a reply to the pm, please respond ASAP.
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Howdy :P I wanted to let everyone know that I am helping Rodney with this event here on the forums, but Rodney will be running it at the con. (Big round of applause for Rodney *YEAH!!)

With that said the first post has been updated with info! Please check it out and sign up if your interested. If your coming to the gathering please list who and what series you will be cosplaying as.

Thanks everyone! This looks AWESOME!!!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

HappyHeretic

My wife and I should be able to make it to the gathering.  We aren't much of card players unless its a silly game like Apples to Apples or Fluxx.  But we will be Mal and Kaylee from Firefly

BSaphire

I have added you both! Thanks for re-posting :) I also added everyone else that has posted, but I added ? by your names since you weren't sure if this was happening.

FUN TIMES AHEAD!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

Meh, I can re purpose my Fallout cosplay into being a Merc working for Niska... one smart enough to not get kicked into the suction from Serenity's turbines.
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Mordyan

Quote from: BSaphire on May 20, 2010, 01:16:21 PMI also added everyone else that has posted, but I added ? by your names since you weren't sure if this was happening.
That time slot should be fine. Hopefully see everyone there!

Rodney_Pheonix

Holy Crap, not even a full week away....AHHHHH!

Where the hell did all my gear vanish to?!
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

BSaphire

So I picked some gum for peeps to use to bet with (but you can always bring your own individually packaged gum... UN-chewed please :P ) and if peeps just want to play some 21 with me I think Rodney will be cool with that :) I know 21 better than Texas Hold Em.

Rodney will need to check in with the gatherings table (1FCC GET) at 11:40 am and then we will meet all of you out @ CPMS!

Hope to meet lots of you out there for this!
Love to all the Josh Whedon fans!... and everyone else of course :)
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Rodney_Pheonix

Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?

Green_Tea

Totally going to be there guys! I'll be going as Kaylee in her loveable coveralls. I have apples to apples and will be bringing it to the Con so let me know if you want me to bring it.

Can't wait!!
2011 Cosplay Plans: (Vocaloid) Cantarella-Kaito 0%, (Professor Layton) Luke 0%, (Ponyo) Ponyo's Dad 0%