Main Menu

Bootleg

Started by Kuromi_Kat, November 06, 2009, 11:50:17 PM

Kuromi_Kat

I know this may have been covered already, but I am self admittedly to lazy to go and find it;

How do you know if a DVD is bootlegged? Say I find a copy of My Neighbor Totoro in two different places that sell DVD's(JUST TOSSING OUT AN EXAMPLE! I am Not looking for Totoro). One copy is real, and one is fake, BUT both look legit. I know this MUST happen. How do you tell the fake copy from the real one?

Because I actually AM looking for an anime, I dont know if it is out on DVD yet though XP I dont wanna support bootleggers or anything >.<

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

Check the 'ways to protect yourself at fanime' thread :) it's stickied talks a lot about how to tell real from bootleg
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

Kuromi_Kat

all that tells me is be careful and if something is more expensive. I am talking about; what if I shop around and some DVD I want is ALL the SAME price. Will I know if one is a bootleg? Should I look for anything in specific?

Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi

:/ If you read the entire thread they talk about how the image on the cover will usually not be the same, the amount of episodes on the DVD might be more then the usual amount of episodes (most anime DVDs have 3 or 4 episodes), and another good thing to check is the region.
Best Anime ever: Ojamajo Doremi

Kuromi_Kat

Quote from: Kawaii_the_ULTRA_chibi on November 11, 2009, 09:28:44 AM
:/ If you read the entire thread they talk about how the image on the cover will usually not be the same, the amount of episodes on the DVD might be more then the usual amount of episodes (most anime DVDs have 3 or 4 episodes), and another good thing to check is the region.

Oh >.< sorry I must have not had my glasses on XP sorry and thank you XD