So what's everyone interested in now? Like what should I expect at the Con?

Started by RaddaX2, December 24, 2009, 06:26:09 PM

RaddaX2

I like manga/anime but last year I felt a bit "irrelevant" because I didn't see anything at the con that I was into.  My fault for obsessing over old stuff like HnK or liking new stuff that normally wouldn't be here yet XD. Right now I'm following JJBA: Steel Ball Run and Vinland Saga.  Probably the most "contemporary" stuff I've seen are Toradora and Detroit Metal City.

I figure I should still expect to see alot of Naruto/Bleach but I heard Fairy Tale is pretty dope and Soul Eater is getting dubbed.  What else is everyone into right now?  Like what's the new big thing?  Maybe not just anime/manga wise but other things too like games, movies, music, and other things.  I remember alot of people being interested in Vocaloids. 

Just wanna know so I don't feel so lost next time.
It ain't the meaning of life but the feeling of it.

PyronIkari

Quote from: RaddaX2 on December 24, 2009, 06:26:09 PM
I like manga/anime but last year I felt a bit "irrelevant" because I didn't see anything at the con that I was into.  My fault for obsessing over old stuff like HnK or liking new stuff that normally wouldn't be here yet XD. Right now I'm following JJBA: Steel Ball Run and Vinland Saga.  Probably the most "contemporary" stuff I've seen are Toradora and Detroit Metal City.

I figure I should still expect to see alot of Naruto/Bleach but I heard Fairy Tale is pretty dope and Soul Eater is getting dubbed.  What else is everyone into right now?  Like what's the new big thing?  Maybe not just anime/manga wise but other things too like games, movies, music, and other things.  I remember alot of people being interested in Vocaloids. 

Just wanna know so I don't feel so lost next time.

Too much to list, and there's too many demographics to cover.

More hardcore fans are going to be into something completely different than the general public. The general public is going to be into something completely different than the J-rock fans, and the J-rock fans are going to be into something completely different than the asshole elitist.

Cons are pretty much the same every year. I don't think there's any new series right now that got hugely popular over the past year. Soul Eater was already a year old last fanime, so there's popularity, but it never made it to Bleach or Naruto status. Everything else, roughly the same. A few random series will be cosplayed by a few people, but it'll be the same for the most part.