Revenge of the Lolita Fashion Show and Panel - 2010!

Started by HelloDolly, January 17, 2010, 04:37:00 PM

HelloDolly

Due to the popularity of last year's Lolita fashion show and panel and the overwhelming popularity of the fashion itself, it will be returning to Fanime in 2010! Although it is too early to register for a panel, I'm just here to let you know that Jeanine (AKA J9isawesome, the director of 2009's Lolita fashion panel) and I are bringing loli back this year.

Last year's panel and fashion show definitely had room for improvement, and we are filling that room with better organization and many new ideas. If you liked what you saw last year (or even if you didn't), drop by again—it'll be worth your while. The opening of BTSSB's San Francisco branch hasn't gone unnoticed, either. We're keeping in touch with them to see if they'd like to join us for a collaboration. Get excited about that!

You may voice your interest in modeling or other involvement, but please do not claim sub-styles or declare anything official, as nothing will be set in stone until we actually register the panel. We're going to be stricter about punctuality for the practice(s) and having an even number of sub-styles and set outfits so we have a more diverse display (i.e. not 5000 Sweet Lolitas).

Updates soon to come. Feel free to voice your ideas, opinions, excitement, or anything that you think would be helpful to us in order to make the panel as big of a hit as the fashion. :)

Not too knowledgeable on Lolita? Learn yo self! http://lolita-handbook.livejournal.com & http://www.lolitafashion.org/
Get involved! The biggest online Lolita community. http://community.livejournal.com/egl/

flyte

SUP KAYDIE

YOU ALREADY COERCED ME INTO JOINING, SO I WILL :D

I didn't get to see the show last year unfortunately :( hopefully this year I will! (well, I'll be participating in it, hopefully xDDD)

Gilly of the well

HELLO THAR.
I'm really excited for this. I missed last year, but I went to ALA's the year before and it was lovely. So, Fanime being fantastic, I'm sure this will blow ALA's out of the water! <3
Thanks for letting me know and possibly letting me be a part of this, Kaydie~! n 3n <3

Kava

It'll be great to have y'all back this year! ^___^
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

hazelasher

Sup girl, it's Monique (idealia). If you guys need any models, I have ample pirate/classic/gothic coordinates so lemme know. <3

Can't wait for the panel, regardless!

Nina Star 9

I'm willing to model again, but if the practice is as early in the morning on Saturday as it was last year, I'll likely not be able to. Hopefully it's a tiny bit later? (I'll be coming from Sacto on Saturday morning... so if it's Friday, that's out for me, too, obviously.) I'm also willing to bring some of my outfits over in case we end up with too many models and not enough clothes, but if it's anything like last year, that may not be necessary.

I can't wait for it, even if it turns out that I can't participate. <3

HelloDolly

Hazelasher- Monique! You rock gothic radically (big fan of the Vampire Requiem coord you did for Halloween) and I'd be excited if we had some Pirate Lolis this year. Good to know.

Nina Star 9 - Practice would prooobably be on Friday this year, unfortunately. I'm sorry about that. :/ I hope you're able to enjoy the show if you're able to make it (not sure when it'll be but we're aiming for Saturday noon or afternoon).

Jerry

this might be a dumb question, but is there such a thing as EGL Fashion for guys?

I'd be willing to dress up  :D  it gives me a chance of pace from my usual Rover duties.  ::)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Kazuko

Jerry there are boystyles like Dandy/Aristorcrat and ouji little prince looks C:

Oh I wish I could help with the panel this year but I kinda took a break from Lolita fashion and donated my clothes to friends who wanted to start in lolita fashion :c

Jerry

well im willing to pay/buy get my own clothes, though I'll need a concierge to take me shopping for the right item so i dont look like a total n00b in front of you hardcore experts :P 

Touya no Miko

I'm actually interested in modeling for the show. I'll check back later on for more info.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Nina Star 9

Quote from: HelloDolly on January 19, 2010, 06:36:01 PM
Nina Star 9 - Practice would prooobably be on Friday this year, unfortunately. I'm sorry about that. :/ I hope you're able to enjoy the show if you're able to make it (not sure when it'll be but we're aiming for Saturday noon or afternoon).
Oh no! I was looking forward to participating, too. :< Oh well, there's always next year.

j9isawesome

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 22, 2010, 03:14:08 PM
Quote from: HelloDolly on January 19, 2010, 06:36:01 PM
Oh no! I was looking forward to participating, too. :< Oh well, there's always next year.

Well keep in mind that it's still too early to even put in a panel request. So with that in mind we're still not sure when the panel will be or when practice will be. Heck, until we're able to go through the panel application process we don't even know 100% if we get to do the panel at all. But we will be sure to keep everyone updates ASAP when we have any more info.
Formerly known as Felicity869

k.worthley

There is a designer in LA who might be more than happy to supply a few custom made dresses for the show. She's gone to many anime cons in the past, but due to budget restriction this year she's chosen to bow out. However  I think that her dresses would be an amazing addition to this show. Her site is www.carlyfornia.com
In the mean time I'll ask her if she'd want to do any work with this panel if wanted.

Also I'd like to do some modeling for the panel, so long as it doesnt cut into the LM.C concert :)
Preparing for Fanime 2011!!!
Cosplay ideas- Miwako (Paradise Kiss), Shizuma (Strawberry Panic)

lunarknight

wait, people can actually volunteer as a model for this?

felicity869

Quote from: k.worthley on March 08, 2010, 09:48:34 AM
There is a designer in LA who might be more than happy to supply a few custom made dresses for the show. She's gone to many anime cons in the past, but due to budget restriction this year she's chosen to bow out. However  I think that her dresses would be an amazing addition to this show. Her site is www.carlyfornia.com
In the mean time I'll ask her if she'd want to do any work with this panel if wanted.
I hope this doesn't come off mean, because it's not meant to, but I don't think her designs are exactly what we're looking for. We are all for including handmade, off brand and indie brands in our fashion show but only if they're made of high quality fabrics & lace and the overall design is true to the lolita image.

Quote from: k.worthley on March 08, 2010, 09:48:34 AM
Also I'd like to do some modeling for the panel, so long as it doesnt cut into the LM.C concert
Well I hope you can join in on the fun. We'll be sure to let everyone know what time our panel will be the moment we know and we'll post more info on modeling soon.

Quote from: lunarknight on March 24, 2010, 03:18:48 AM
wait, people can actually volunteer as a model for this?
We're still waiting to hear back from fanime staff to see if our panel will be approved. Once we know that this is in fact happening we'll post a model request form on here (as well as other places) so you guys know exactly what we're looking for. Basically this is very much a by the fans for the fans type panel, fashion show included. We'll be picking local lolitas from various online communities that have their own wardrobe first. After that anyone is welcome to volunteer to model and we'll do our best to include as many people as possible and set them up with borrowed outfits.

j9isawesome

We have been approved. Lots of updates with new info are in the works now and will be posted soon! :) I look forward to seeing everyone there.
Formerly known as Felicity869

Jerry

Quote from: j9isawesome on April 09, 2010, 11:40:07 AM
We have been approved. Lots of updates with new info are in the works now and will be posted soon! :) I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Woot woot! Go J9 and crew! :D

jobiberry

I'm able to model again this year if you need me~
I have gothic, casual, sweet, pirate, and more lol
I was steampunk last time.  ANd this time I will be able to be punctual since I don't have to depend on anyone else to drive me-lol!!! (yesssss!)
Fanime 2013 cosplay~

*Arkham Asylum Harley Quinn- Friday and Saturday
*Marceline the Vampire Queen- Saturday
*Briar Rose- Sleeping Beauty peasant version- Sunday
*Super Sailor Venus-  Sunday or Monday

lunarknight

J9 and crew forever

For the last show I saw was amazing. I can't wait to see what it produces this year.

Also if you need bodies for either stage work or modeling I can help out.