Sat Feb 13: No-Name Anime (Santa Clara, CA) showing

Started by EdOfNoName, February 07, 2010, 05:12:10 PM

EdOfNoName

Join us for an afternoon of subtitled anime. Valentine's Day is coming up, and the Bottle Fairies learn about making chocolate.  Although the Card Captor Sakura anime didn't have a Valentine's Day episode, Sakura is the personification of everything sweet and pink. Meanwhile, Youko learns about the relationship that destroyed one of the Twelve Kingdoms, Tweeny Witch Arusu explores a relationship with her mirror, Loki and Kantaro have girl problems, and Half Section fights to make the office safe for romance.

Saturday afternoon, February 13, Santa Clara City Library
(2635 Homestead Road, in northern California)
http://www.nnanime.com | http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2010/sch10_02.html
Free!

12:30 The Twelve Kingdoms #12"Shadow of the Moon, the Sea of Shadow, Chapter 12"
13:00 Tweeny Witches #11 (aka 21-22)"Interdimensional Sea" and "The Pirate Lennon"
13:25 Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok #6"The Targeted Girl"
13:55 Tactics #16"O, Lamentations for the Married Couple"
14:20 Bottle Fairy #11"February"
14:35Abunai! Break time!
15:25 Cardcaptor Sakura #29"Sakura's Sweet Cooking"
15:50 The Twelve Kingdoms #13"Shadow of the Moon, the Sea of Shadow, Chapter 13"
16:20 Samurai Champloo #7"A Risky Racket"
16:45 Planetes #14"Turning Point"
17:15 Otoboku #5"The Midnight Chapel"

(Some shows not appropriate for all audiences, but if the FanimeCon BBS doesn't weird you out, it's probably OK.)

kamisamabunny

All I want is "you", whoever you turn out to be <3

Jerry

Quote from: kamisamabunny on February 07, 2010, 08:37:20 PM
i wish so hard that i could go!!!

then why dont you go? :)

The library is totally accessible via public Transit.
of course it would be difficult if you didnt live anywhere near Santa Clara.  :-\

- edit - ah, now i get it-- you live in the " valley " >_<  Gomen!
maybe someday you'll have the ability to drive/get transportation down to enjoy the shows.

im just curious if any/all/some of these episodes have a "valentine/asian new year" theme because of the weekend in question. :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

EdOfNoName

Quote from: Jerry on February 08, 2010, 08:46:27 AM
im just curious if any/all/some of these episodes have a "valentine/asian new year" theme because of the weekend in question. :P

This month's Bottle Fairy covers Valentine's Day. The episodes of Tactics and Planetes both deal with couples and relationships. Samurai Champloo may not have romance, but the episode deals with relationships between the sexes in the show's typical 16+ style. There's a lovesick ghost in Otoboku. Finally, the episode of Cardcaptor Sakura where Sakura must bake a cake probably puts us close to the Library's limit for maximum sweetness and pink-ness.

Quote from: Jerry on February 08, 2010, 08:46:27 AM
Quote from: kamisamabunny on February 07, 2010, 08:37:20 PM
i wish so hard that i could go!!!
- edit - ah, now i get it-- you live in the " valley " >_<  Gomen!
Before I moved to the Bay Area, I also l lived somewhere that didn't have any anime clubs :(