Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

jAded

Any updates on when they are emailing out the list for the first hundred?

And how will seating be determined after that?

Little.Miss

I'm curious about something. It seems that this year a lot more artists were put on the wait list when registration opened. How many tables were released when AA reg opened? Was it only the first 100 tables?
Also how is the process of getting a new floor plan approved so far?
Is there anyone we can ask to see how far down we are on the wait list? TIA.

ewu

We released nearly 200 tables. The only reason it seems that way is because you are only hearing from those on the waitlist.

As of 6 days ago, it is still awaiting approval from the various agencies.

If it is approved, we may be able to get up to half of the waitlist seated if not more, depending on the arrangement approved.

All I can say is soon.

As for your location on the waitlist, no we are not currently set up to acquire that info nor would we be able to field all the requests if we were able to do that.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Little.Miss

Quote from: ewu on April 26, 2010, 08:30:48 PM
We released nearly 200 tables. The only reason it seems that way is because you are only hearing from those on the waitlist.

As of 6 days ago, it is still awaiting approval from the various agencies.

If it is approved, we may be able to get up to half of the waitlist seated if not more, depending on the arrangement approved.

All I can say is soon.

As for your location on the waitlist, no we are not currently set up to acquire that info nor would we be able to field all the requests if we were able to do that.

Thanks for the info/update.

Also, I apologize if I sounded accusative toward AA staff or anything in my previous post over the number of tables released. I was just curious from hearing about another forum thread that the attendee registered a couple hours after it opened was wait listed. I didn't mean to sound negative.

lin-ko

Question about the tables.
My friend said that she isn't going to be able to make it to Fanime this year, but has already gotten a table (aka not on the waitlist)
She said that I can have hers since she didn't want it to go to waste, so is there a procedure that I need to go through or do the both of us email someone telling about the change?

ewu

I do not know if this is permitted, but e-mail artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Reira-hime

What are the table dimensions?

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Cole

I'm still waiting on a email response from the AA staff.  I need to add people to my tables.  I've sent an email twice now and still no response.

Also when are the seating charts going to be passed out?  I failed to receive it the last two years and don't want to miss it this year and end up in the same corner as the last two times.

whatt

hi i have a question

will i be able to visit the artist alley if i have a badge to "Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves" but not a badge to fanime?

ewu

Quote from: whatt on April 30, 2010, 05:51:26 PM
hi i have a question

will i be able to visit the artist alley if i have a badge to "Fantaisies dans le Monde des Rêves" but not a badge to fanime?

no you will not, fanime events require membership separate from that partner event
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Onymous

So I just finished registration for the Artist Alley but the final few steps revealed some new information to me that could be a big problem.

1. I have registered for my own sellers permit and my artist friends were going to be selling their art working for my business but the last step stated we each needed two copies? Does this mean we all need individual permits or can individuals working for an individual WITH a permit sell it as part of their business?

2. Also it says limit 2 artists per table. I have three artists with me (making a group of 4) but it was agreed we didn't have enough material to cover two tables and we all wanted to enjoy other convention functions so we were going to rotate shifts and keep two people at the table. Is this allowed or do we need to buy 2 tables?

2.5. As a sub-question for question number two I put all four of us down then attempted to purchase 2 tables to see if that would work and received an error message "maximum 2 artists per table" anyway. 4/2=2 per table??? Can anyone explain that?

ewu

This thread has most of the answers to your questions.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Onymous

Alright. Well I've read through the first page but I'm hearing conflicting information as to whether or not my group can sell under my permit. One area says each needs one seperately, another says 2 people can work under one, and another says so long as everyone agrees to work under the same permit it's gonna be alright. So as long as they all work for me is this fine? Am I going to need additional verification or paperwork? Or is it indeed impossible for more than one/two people to sign up under a single permit and should I be making an appointment with the BoE to drive them all over? I have a group of 4 total and the other 3 are willing to sell under me.

So basically it is my business and the artists are selling under me. Is this acceptable?

Sorry for my misunderstanding an my insistence but time is short and this is my first year attempting this. My artists all really want to do this but they don't have much of a mind (or at least not the gumption I have) to file all of this.

Elimeno

Ok, just wondering if anyone has gotten any of the top 100 emails yet; times getting rather short and I'm getting rather scared >.>
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

tri.thorn

I have a technical issue, is that okay?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is preventing me from locking my spot, and i don't want to miss my chance at a table because of this. :'(  any ideas on what to do?
Silence is Golden.
Duct Tape is Silver.

Yumiko

Quote from: tri.thorn on May 09, 2010, 01:59:24 PM
I have a technical issue, is that okay?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This is preventing me from locking my spot, and i don't want to miss my chance at a table because of this. :'(  any ideas on what to do?

I'm getting the same error, and I've sent the AA staff an email asking about the problem. I can only assume it's an error with the website and that we are not the only two people experiencing this. Considering everyone on the waitlist was told they now had access to an AA table, I'm pretty sure you won't lose your spot. (Though I definitely had that creeping feeling too! Haha.)

I'm sure if we just sit tight for today, the staff will figure out the problem and fix everything up :>

ewu

shoud've been fixed as of this post

And not everyone has been given the opportunity to get a table. The spaces are being opened up in batches.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

banjocat

Quote from: Elimeno on May 07, 2010, 12:00:56 AM
Ok, just wondering if anyone has gotten any of the top 100 emails yet; times getting rather short and I'm getting rather scared >.>

The top 100 received their emails on Saturday, and were expected to send their table picks within a day and a half.

I love the staff and appreciate the work they're doing, but these surprise deadlines are getting more and more unreasonable! A lot of people don't have access to the internet 24/7.

ewu

The tables are being seated in batches and not all 100 were contacted.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom