Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: kimchikawaii on February 17, 2011, 02:03:24 PM
Sorry if I'm missing something but am hoping to sell for the first time so had a question. I saw in the FAQ that all people at the table must have a permit. I have my brand that I run as a small business on my own, but my friend is coming to help me sell just this one time on Saturday at Fanime. This is really the only time she will be doing business related to my brand as she is not a co-owner or anything. Would she still need to have permit even if I will be taking care of all the taxes and paperwork?

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you are taking care of all the taxes and paperwork, make sure to list your friend only as a helper and not an artist, or make note of that somewhere. She shouldn't need a permit if she's only being a helper for one day.

Quote from: misosoupaddict on February 19, 2011, 01:41:02 AM
(I feel silly for asking this but...)

Where do we find the "registration #" required to sign up for AA when the time comes? Someone said it would be on PayPal invoice, but i don't have one since i paid in person at last year's con for me and my sister. I have the receipt, with our "Member IDs #: F1#####etc."
Is this the same number?

Yes, make sure you hang onto that receipt!

Quote from: chibidrunksanzo on February 19, 2011, 10:57:30 AM
So this may seem like a nitpicky food question, but are we allowed to give away store bought treats?  For example, if I have a jar of lollipops on my table that people could grab.

That should be fine; I've known people to do that in the past as well.
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

ewu

So this may seem like a nitpicky food question, but are we allowed to give away store bought treats?  For example, if I have a jar of lollipops on my table that people could grab.

Actually, we really do not want food in that room. In the agreement that you will sign will have a statement explicitly prohibiting food, that I would consider that to include any food. You can email artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom, but I doubt that it'll be allowed.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Sneath

To clarify "do not want food in that room", does that include food for the artists and their helpers?

ewu

handed out, passed out, sold, ect.....for yourself we no care:)
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Ren_Zhao

Eric is right. If you email artistalleyATfanimeDOTcom you will get the same answer. FAQ has also been updated.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Althena

According to the AA FAQ thread, we are to have registration by the end of February, but we are also to get a 2-week advanced notice of when registration will open.
As there are a few days left before the end of February, is it safe to say that registration will not happen by the 28th?

And has there been any mass emails sent from the Fanime AA email address to those on the list yet?

I fear I may have missed some important information. :(
here lies everything...the world I wanted at my feet... my victory's complete...

rosaleendhu

So this may seem like a nitpicky food question, but are we allowed to give away store bought treats?  For example, if I have a jar of lollipops on my table that people could grab.
They won't allow this.  It was a new rule last year, and it's for the artists' protection. 

The year before one of the vendors was giving out candy, and some girl had an allergic reaction to whatever it was.  She sued the vendor.  The rule in artist alley is actually to make sure the same thing doesn't happen to us.

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: Althena on February 23, 2011, 12:39:25 PM
According to the AA FAQ thread, we are to have registration by the end of February, but we are also to get a 2-week advanced notice of when registration will open.
As there are a few days left before the end of February, is it safe to say that registration will not happen by the 28th?

And has there been any mass emails sent from the Fanime AA email address to those on the list yet?

I fear I may have missed some important information. :(

Sadly, it may be the case that registration will not begin by the end of February. :(

There have not yet been any mass emails sent out.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

haircurl

Hiiii so a group of us want to sit together during artist alley, but the deal is we all live in separate locations (some from LA, etc). How does this group leader stuff work? Does the group leader have to pay for all the tables?

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: haircurl on March 01, 2011, 10:15:01 PM
Hiiii so a group of us want to sit together during artist alley, but the deal is we all live in separate locations (some from LA, etc). How does this group leader stuff work? Does the group leader have to pay for all the tables?

Separate locations is not a problem, as long as the group leader can get together at least all the full names and emails of everyone in the group. That should be enough. The group leader does not have to pay for all the tables. Everyone pays separately and, if the system is the same as last year's, each person can list the other people in the group in a part of the form so you can all be matched up with the rest of your group.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

jAded

Any word on when to expect notification for AA table sign-ups this year as of today?

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: jAded on March 02, 2011, 01:32:23 PM
Any word on when to expect notification for AA table sign-ups this year as of today?

Sorry, nothing yet... But I promise to let you all know the moment I find out! Been trying to ask the head for an update as well.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Hanehibane

Ok I have a couple questions, sorry if I sound like an idiot I've never registered to go to fanimecon before. ^^'

First: if I wanted to get a table for this years AA, they say you need your ID number? what is this? I bought my badge and see that I have a badge # or is it my Invoice ID # on my receipt from paypal?

Second: I'm from colorado and I've sent in my paper work for a ca sellers permit but don't have the number for it yet, and I'm doubting it will be in in time for me to put on my table registration, will I for sure need it? on the website in AA info it mentions that you won't need the permit number just your badge number, but then when I checked here on the forum the AA FAQ said that last year you needed it for getting a table is this true for this year?

Sorry this was so long! >.< any help would be awesome!

thanks so much~

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: Hanehibane on March 02, 2011, 09:40:57 PM
Ok I have a couple questions, sorry if I sound like an idiot I've never registered to go to fanimecon before. ^^'

First: if I wanted to get a table for this years AA, they say you need your ID number? what is this? I bought my badge and see that I have a badge # or is it my Invoice ID # on my receipt from paypal?

Second: I'm from colorado and I've sent in my paper work for a ca sellers permit but don't have the number for it yet, and I'm doubting it will be in in time for me to put on my table registration, will I for sure need it? on the website in AA info it mentions that you won't need the permit number just your badge number, but then when I checked here on the forum the AA FAQ said that last year you needed it for getting a table is this true for this year?

Sorry this was so long! >.< any help would be awesome!

thanks so much~

Ignore last year's info! There's a FAQ for this year, and you should follow that info. That info is all correct!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15477.0.html

If you have your badge number, that should be the right one. Otherwise, use the number given from Fanime on your Paypal receipt. And like the website and current FAQ says, you do not need your permit number for table registration.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

catnapcaps

I've seen this question kind of addressed in the past pages. I've wanted to participate in Fanime's AA for a long while now. I've never been able to attend Fanime because it conflicted with my school schedule (I live in SoCal). I can't really attend Fanime unless I have an AA table so I can try to pay off at least part of the cost of the trip. I know that Fanime has a no refund or rollover policy and I really cannot afford to lose the cost of a badge because if I don't have a table, it's very likely I cannot attend the convention at all. Is there going to be an option to purchase a badge along with a table? I read that it was a possibility, but I'd like to know if that will still be a potential option.

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: catnapcaps on March 03, 2011, 01:49:19 AM
I've seen this question kind of addressed in the past pages. I've wanted to participate in Fanime's AA for a long while now. I've never been able to attend Fanime because it conflicted with my school schedule (I live in SoCal). I can't really attend Fanime unless I have an AA table so I can try to pay off at least part of the cost of the trip. I know that Fanime has a no refund or rollover policy and I really cannot afford to lose the cost of a badge because if I don't have a table, it's very likely I cannot attend the convention at all. Is there going to be an option to purchase a badge along with a table? I read that it was a possibility, but I'd like to know if that will still be a potential option.

Unfortunately, we will not be implementing a combined badge and table registration for this year. Hopefully there will be another solution, so if you'd like, you can just hold off on buying a badge until there's more news about table registration.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Hanehibane

Thanks so much Ren for your help! :)

Ren_Zhao

It's my pleasure~ (: I'll let you all know as soon as there's any more news about registration.
Kio
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011

Hanehibane

awesome! I'm very excited. ^_^

jAded

It's the middle of March. I'm curious as to what the progress is on when we will be notified for AA table registrations. If we are to hope for a two week notification for when table registration goes up, I'm getting a bit worried with Fanime being 74 days away.