Info For Artist Alley Reg

Started by imoto, February 10, 2010, 08:45:48 AM

solipoo

i agree with phr34k, nionio, fidgey, and oniko.

this was my first time trying to register for artists alley and i managed to figure it out. the main site crashed, because people were bombarding it. there was no favoritism here. i had to go find out what was going on myself, i couldn't just sit there refreshing for the what, 6 hours the link wasn't up. i don't think the staff were unfair in posting the link on other sites.

it would have been even more unfair if they decided to wait until the main site was fixed and only posted it the time that it actually went up this year (like, that afternoon/evening?) there would have been wayyy more complaints, i think. most people were able to find the reg. link quite easily. don't blame the staff. they have been more than helpful to me, and they are trying their best. 8'I

good luck in the drawing, though. ;o;'''

VocaloidHaine

Quote from: phr34kish on April 13, 2011, 12:56:19 PM
This email just went out to the AA mailing list. Hopefully this will help clear some stuff up, guys.

Oh simple question! How do you sign up for the AA mailing list? :O Or is it only for those who got the table or something?

solipoo

Quote from: VocaloidHaine on April 13, 2011, 02:55:24 PM
This email just went out to the AA mailing list. Hopefully this will help clear some stuff up, guys.

Oh simple question! How do you sign up for the AA mailing list? :O Or is it only for those who got the table or something?
anyone can be on the AA mailing list, i think!

it's on the AA FAQ thread (you should read it! it has a lot of useful info ^_^)

Q: Is there a mailing list for the artist alley?
A: Email artistalley[at]fanime.com to be put onto the mailing list.

phr34kish

Yep, it's for everyone! Just send them an email with "add me to the list" or something similar, and you're set. :)

VocaloidHaine

Quote from: phr34kish on April 13, 2011, 03:13:32 PM
Yep, it's for everyone! Just send them an email with "add me to the list" or something similar, and you're set. :)
Ohh! Alright! Thanks & too Solipoo too xD

Ren_Zhao

Quote from: solipoo on April 13, 2011, 03:06:07 PM
Quote from: VocaloidHaine on April 13, 2011, 02:55:24 PM

anyone can be on the AA mailing list, i think!

it's on the AA FAQ thread (you should read it! it has a lot of useful info ^_^)

Q: Is there a mailing list for the artist alley?
A: Email artistalley[at]fanime.com to be put onto the mailing list.

Thank you for promoting the FAQ! <3
Kio
FanimeCon Artist Alley Staff 2011
Anime Expo LPTS Staff 2011
--
Fanimaid Cafe Maid 2011
Cafe Kintoki Maid/Host, Co-Manager 2011

Mistiousstar

I have a question about the lottery.
Would it effect those who signed up as a group, So let's say:

I signed up a group of 4 artists under my name (including me)
And one of the artist in the group was chosen by lottery,
Does it mean the other three within the group do not get a table?
Or Does All 4 Artists Get in?

I'm just curious, and no it's not favoritism, AA staff is doing their best to keep things running, and since the main site crashed, they had to post the link in other sites.

My group and I haven't been approved, I'm literally scared, But with the remaining tables availible
It all comes down to the Lottery!!!
*Cross all my fingers >.<
Thank you AA Staff for all the help and hard work

CoughDrops

Is it really first come first serve? I made an account the day registrations opened, and someone else I know signed up a week later, yet they already have a table and I'm still waiting??? I'm really confused.

Azu_Chan

I hope your friend just pulling your leg cuz their no way that's possible it's first come first server. And if for some weird reason this is true I wish to have a explainion on y this was possible which I also reg the same day and haven't gotten a table ...;-;

Piper

I have a question!
Are you in the future cons, going to perhaps reserve a set of tables specifically for people who want to sell for one day? Or even, a few hours?

I know me in particular, I just want to sell for fun, nothing big or serious, and it'd be nice to just experience it for a day, not even the whole weekend. (Like doing a few commissions to buy things I want) because I know last year I tried doing art for tips in the hallways but I was told it wasn't allowed unless I had a table so---
I just thought it would be nice that rather than allow a set number of the few "ready" enough to get tables for the whole weekend, the event could be better appreciated by a larger number of people wanting to experience AA firsthand. Like, half a row in the back or something, idk?

I remember before when there enough empty tables that people could purchase a day table, it was sort of nice? I'm sure it'll still be competitive to get one-day tables but it'll open up to the public more, yes
Can't wait to see everyone!

CoughDrops

Quote from: Azu_Chan on April 14, 2011, 05:10:04 PM
I hope your friend just pulling your leg cuz their no way that's possible it's first come first server. And if for some weird reason this is true I wish to have a explainion on y this was possible which I also reg the same day and haven't gotten a table ...;-;
I wish they were, but they take every chance they can to show me their papers and rub it in my face. :/

Kimba616

Quote from: CoughDrops on April 14, 2011, 02:29:19 PM
Is it really first come first serve? I made an account the day registrations opened, and someone else I know signed up a week later, yet they already have a table and I'm still waiting??? I'm really confused.
If you signed up before them and they have proof they have a table, then I'm sure you got your table, too. It's most likely just taking the staff longer to review your art and approve you.

Oniko

Quote from: Kimba616 on April 14, 2011, 06:32:40 PM
If you signed up before them and they have proof they have a table, then I'm sure you got your table, too. It's most likely just taking the staff longer to review your art and approve you.

Or check your junk mail.  Make sure your not blocking AA e-mails on accident.
06- Ragnarok Huntress / 07- Haruhi Suzumiya
08- Shana / 09 - Luluko
10 - Holo / 11 - Flaaffy
12 - Inga / 13 - Lizbeth

ewu

You reged at around 5:00, but most of those approved regged before 2:00. just FYI
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Azu_Chan

OK that soo weird you sure they not in a group that reg and were added later? I know for fact i didn't get one cuz i check both my spam and indox haven't gotten anything :T

darkkako

It could be that they only wanted half a table and there was a half-table left? -wild guessing-

Azu_Chan

doubt it staff would have e-mail stating only half table is left :T

VocaloidHaine

Quote from: ewu on April 14, 2011, 07:37:42 PM

You reged at around 5:00, but most of those approved regged before 2:00. just FYI

So..Coughdrops signed up on the day reg opened & @ around 5--didn't get in, his friend signed up a week later & got in--- now it's first come first serve policy, does that mean people who signed up after 2PM on the first day won't be listed for the FCFS policy? (I registered at around 7 on the first day).

ewu

Quote from: VocaloidHaine on April 14, 2011, 07:58:33 PM
So..Coughdrops signed up on the day reg opened & @ around 5--didn't get in, his friend signed up a week later & got in--- now it's first come first serve policy, does that mean people who signed up after 2PM on the first day won't be listed for the FCFS policy? (I registered at around 7 on the first day).

Anyone not approved by now is likely in the lottery.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Azu_Chan

i reg at 6 this sounds fishy i would love to see their paper if possible of course blur all their personal info out X_X cuz i can't see it being possible :T